Thread: Type me video

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type me video

Hello! Just curious what your thoughts are on my type. I've taken some tests online and always get one of two results, so it'll be interesting to see what you all think.

https://youtu.be/f-kvnj0AW2Y

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello fellow musician and welcome ! First impression : Introvert /irrational (?)/Feeling type. SEI or IEI, EII-H possible too. Of course it's impossible to type you juste after having watched that video . With time, Interaction with forum members and Intertypes relations dynamics will help you better find your best fit type. Finding your type is a journey sometimes it's easy and sometimes it's tricky.

btw, my typing skills are not very good...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

N, I
    mainly thoughts were for LII

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hi John
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I have a few questions

1. Name some movies and TV shows you like and why do you like them?
    2. what is your favorite exercise and why
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    I have a few questions

1. Name some movies and TV shows you like and why do you like them?
    2. what is your favorite exercise and why
    Hello! I don't really exercise. I do enjoy occasional walks, but it's not a habit or anything. I really should do more. lol

As for favorite shows, I'm obsessed with British comedies and British culture in general. I also like The Simpsons, MST3K, Broad City, Parks & Recreation, and Bob's Burgers. Anything to put a smile on my face. My favorite film of all time is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. And, again, I like a lot of comedies. Tommy Boy, Billy Madison, Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny, High Fidelity, Drop Dead Gorgeous, A Life Less Ordinary, etc. Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas is great, as well, though not really a comedy.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kisschase View Post
    Hello! I don't really exercise. I do enjoy occasional walks, but it's not a habit or anything. I really should do more. lol

As for favorite shows, I'm obsessed with British comedies and British culture in general. I also like The Simpsons, MST3K, Broad City, Parks & Recreation, and Bob's Burgers. Anything to put a smile on my face. My favorite film of all time is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. And, again, I like a lot of comedies. Tommy Boy, Billy Madison, Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny, High Fidelity, Drop Dead Gorgeous, A Life Less Ordinary, etc. Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas is great, as well, though not really a comedy.
    Yes I would say LII INTJ
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Out of curiosity
    Why do you like this direction of humor? Is any of it political or politically oriented? And what association do you make in your mind as you watch comedy of this nature ? Doesn’t it help reaffirm any of your beliefs and values? And what are those?
    -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out of curiosity
    Why do you like this direction of humor? Is any of it political or politically oriented? And what association do you make in your mind as you watch comedy of this nature ? Doesn’t it help reaffirm any of your beliefs and values? And what are those?
    I watch these types of movies/shows to turn off for a bit from the reality that we are in. So, the less thought provoking, the better! lol I'm extremely liberal and believe in freedom for people to live their lives the way that they see fit (without it imposing on other's freedoms, of course). That being said, I am also more of a humanist in my belief system and that everyone should be taken care of with healthcare, shelter, clothing, food, and education. Only when these basic needs are met can humanity truly prosper and achieve our full potential on this planet. But, I'm afraid I'm in the minority in this country on these issues. People here seem perfectly content to live and die by their guns and the almighty dollar, and greed and competition amongst our fellow Americans will, ultimately, be our downfall, if it hasn't already occurred.

Sorry to sound so pessimistic. There are a lot of things I like about America. However, it seems like we've begun to go backwards, in more ways than one, starting, oh I don't know, around 7 years ago.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I watch these types of movies/shows to turn off for a bit from the reality that we are in. So, the less thought provoking, the better! lol I'm extremely liberal and believe in freedom for people to live their lives the way that they see fit (without it imposing on other's freedoms, of course). That being said, I am also more of a humanist in my belief system and that everyone should be taken care of with healthcare, shelter, clothing, food, and education. Only when these basic needs are met can humanity truly prosper and achieve our full potential on this planet. But, I'm afraid I'm in the minority in this country on these issues. People here seem perfectly content to live and die by their guns and the almighty dollar, and greed and competition amongst our fellow Americans will, ultimately, be our downfall, if it hasn't already occurred.

Sorry to sound so pessimistic. There are a lot of things I like about America. However, it seems like we've begun to go backwards, in more ways than one, starting, oh I don't know, around 7 years ago.
    Do you find yourself thinking a lot? About the state of current society? Do you read books? What kind?
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

There are a lot of things I like about America. However, it seems like we've begun to go backwards, in more ways than one, starting, oh I don't know, around 7 years ago.
    In 1960s when was popularized ideology of irresponsible consuming, low instincts, more radical individualism instead of rational altruistic caring to make peoples life better.
    When mass education should be moved to simplification and higher specialization. When optimism of social development started be ruined in medias by pessimistic evaluation of rational technological and humanitarian development. When started be forced ideas that resources are reducing, while the main resource is energy and new its sources could to appeare. Somewhere there could be done thermo-nuclear power plants, but were not.
    The social progress and mass human progress was artificially slowed and started be turned back for the majority. The reason can be in keeping power of a minority, as it became harder to control and rob mass people who got comparable knowledge and technology.

Degradation of mass education, morality, a value of normal family and borning kids, arise of individualism, irrationalism, materialism. When the idea to make anyone better as a human was started be rejected on practice.
    And when social inequality should started to arise, what point on rejection of humanistic approach for mass development. Decile coefficient should be arised since there or soon in 1970s.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

certainly N. not EIE, LIE, ILI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you find yourself thinking a lot? About the state of current society? Do you read books? What kind?
    Oh, yes. I can't stop thinking about the state of our society. Haven't really stopped since turning 18 in 2000 and the beginning of the George W. Bush administration.

I do read. Fiction and music bios, mainly. Anything that catches my fancy really. My favorite authors include Hunter S. Thompson, Carson McCullers, Flannery O'Connor, George Orwell, Stephen Fry, the early Neil Gaiman novels, and the poetry of Emily Dickinson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by godslave View Post
    Hello fellow musician and welcome ! First impression : Introvert /irrational (?)/Feeling type. SEI or IEI, EII-H possible too. Of course it's impossible to type you juste after having watched that video . With time, Interaction with forum members and Intertypes relations dynamics will help you better find your best fit type. Finding your type is a journey sometimes it's easy and sometimes it's tricky.

btw, my typing skills are not very good...
    No worries! Nice to meet you! Thanks for the input.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello! Just curious what your thoughts are on my type. I've taken some tests online and always get one of two results, so it'll be interesting to see what you all think.

https://youtu.be/f-kvnj0AW2Y
    Hi, I believe your type is IEI

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My favorite film of all time is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
    It's a really nice movie, you do kinda remind me of Joel tbh.

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nifl View Post
    certainly N. not EIE, LIE, ILI
    Would love to see you explain why N is certain...

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’d say Alpha Introvert, but SEI > LII

I think Si was the most pervasive IE displayed on the video.

“Types that value Si prefer to spend their time doing enjoyable activities rather than straining themselves to achieve goals. They like to believe that if activities are done with enjoyment, people will give them more effort and time, and also becoming more skilled at what they are doing in the long run. They believe that goals should suit people's intrinsic needs rather than shaped by the demands and constraints of the external world, and so do not try to force others into doing things they don't want to do. They also try to be easygoing and pleasant, preferring peaceful coexistence to conflict, except when their personal well-being or comfort is directly at stake.”

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p...verted_sensing

Si as leading function of SLI and SEI

“These people live with sensory pleasures of life and look for them everywhere: great food, a comfortable chair, a variety of good, stable physiological sensations. Often consider themselves to be experts in their physical tastes: "If I love warmth, then everyone who likes cold is a walrus". Very self-confident in matters of health, can put their views about health "above" the opinions of the doctors or even to treat their advice as irrelevant. Almost always have good health, but excessive enthusiasm for sensory pleasures of life can sabotage them. Smoking, alcohol, gluttony - it is very difficult to just give it up. At the same time on these issues they have very conservative tastes. If he is involved in the kitchen, such skills come to him easily if he is predisposed to such activity. But can be very critical of cooking of others, especially high-risk atypical dishes. Often carry all that is necessary for comfort with them. Freely talk about intimate matters, don't consider it necessary to hide any of this from strangers, like to talk about their illnesses and inner workings of their bodies. Conservative in his sensory experiences, so in these matters, he is very attentive. Confident in his invulnerability and reliability. If he senses or feels something, then he won't listen to anyone and will do everything "in his own way." He likes reliable things that can be used to "bend a horseshoe", and indeed such an idea may come to his mind easily. Has good control of his body and its plasticity. Have a need to always feel something physically, to confirm own presence in the world, and will surround themselves with such things: warm carpet, woolen socks, soft kitten, balls for spinning in hands. Fuss a lot over issues of convenience, but does not worry, this fussing is a way to maintain a conversation.”

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p...verted_sensing

You said that you enjoy “playing guitar, writing songs, and recording albums,” that your hobbies including “watching sports but not play them”, listening to music, making music, reading, and taking road trips when you can afford them. This seems very Si oriented in that these things seem to be rooted in creating relaxing and enjoyable sense impressions.

You said that you are strengths include being “honest, kind,” and showing empathy towards people (particularly in romantic relationships)–this typically denotes an ethical (Fe, Fi) preference. You said that you treat your partners “like a queen (which might suggest the “caring” romantic style preferred by Alpha SF types).”

You describe yourself as “shy and passive,” with the feeling that people “walk all over you.” I think this is a sign of Si and Fi, which often converge to make someone conflict avoidant, for the sake of not wanting to disturb their internal sensory balance and also relationships.

You say that upon winning the lottery, “I wouldn’t work, I’m lazy, when I work, I work hard, I enjoy doing nothing, just laying around the house all day is like bliss for me. I’d still make music just as a creative outlet because it’s fun.” You end the video by saying “I just want to live a normal life and experience things.” I think all of this epitomizes the SEI worldview.

Does this description resonate with you at all?

Mediator — Resolver

Prototype: Aestheticist living by the rule of the golden mean. This is a person who know how to relax and indulge in the range of sensations, possessing very sensitive tastes. Other people are treated attentively and thoughtfully, especially her loved ones. This is her specialty, though she does show obvious displeasure when she lose her sense of peace. At such moments she can he quite indignant and harsh.

Normally she is always soft and charming in every way, preserving her peace of mind and harmony with the surrounding world. SEI dislikes drawing attention to her troubles and failures. When in need of assistance, she resorts only to those close to her or to knowledgeable experts. By nature, she is secretive and vulnerable, trying not to burden her friends because she knows how unpleasant it is. She never demands attention if she feels it is not warranted. However, she will respond to others’ calls for help.

She loves nature and beauty in its natural manifestation, having a good visual memory to paint from, as well as tastes and tactile sensations. SEI acutely experiences situations minute-by-minute. She expresses her subtle perception of the world in products made by her own hands. Everything she does is done by the heart, with taste. She doesn’t dress in flashy attire
    and isn’t into trends, preferring only clothes which are hers by style and taste. She loves a variety of original jewelry and accessories, such as watches that blend with her clothes. She pays a lot of attention to the issues of everyday life. The best professions for her abilities are in areas such as painting, decorating, designing, etc.

SEI won’t compete or force others to do anything against their will. Therefore she is not interested in leadership careers. At times she may give the impression of a passive or inert person. This is due to the fact that she sees no point in needless fussing and wasting effort. Thanks to this trait, she occasionally has a reputation as a talented bum, going through
    life contemplatively and endlessly waiting.

She draws her inspiration from nature as the source of harmony and life, but not the type of nature that is an arena of obstacles or survival challenges that must be overcome — the desert, or conversely, a dense forest or jungle — but rather as a harmonious connection of the elements of air, water, and land.

SEI is realistic in her judgments and assessments. She critically evaluates information: she dislikes exaggerations and draws attention only to the facts and evidence. A sense of harmony and proportion is never lost. She takes her time carefully selecting everyday objects or people that expect to get close to her.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    Would love to see you explain why N is certain...
    conclusion is based on his non-verbal behaviour. rest of the dichotomies i'm not sure about
    Last edited by nifl; 03-21-2023 at 09:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lycantrope View Post
    It's a really nice movie, you do kinda remind me of Joel tbh.
    Thanks! I'll take that as a compliment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Alonzo Thank you for the input! Very interesting.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You give more reserved version of yourself who you really are. Am I correct?

Anyway, assuming this afaik I can tell, SEI. Quite possibly harmonizing sub.
    https://daddygulenko4life.blogspot.c...criptions.html
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 03-21-2023 at 11:16 PM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ILI-Ni-H 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi folks! lol, so kisschase is my boyfriend. We've been dating since February I think. We're very similar in so many ways, maybe identicals.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LII. I agree with you about the CONservative Rethuglicans. Moving won't solve all your problems or anything but yeah I was treated MUCH better in liberal areas. Fuck the wrong-wingers. I'm tired of trying to be diplomatic with them. May they all die a fiery death in Wal-Mart.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll put in another vote for SEI.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si type.

I'm curious if NT is in there, as some see, or subtractive logic where the 15 others don't fit.

If Fractals is a complement, i'm doubting SEI would fit, being ILI for her.

Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

Taking things at face value is good only for a spell

To experience is simple, to explain is divine

Hearts of stone are a dead giveaway: no movement

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

xLI is possible.