Thread: Hi! Can someone please help me find my type? I've been typed as IEE, LSI and SEI before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Hi! Can someone please help me find my type? I've been typed as IEE, LSI and SEI before.

Hi! Can someone please help me find my type? I've been typed as IEE, LSI and SEI before. I am tending towards IEE but I am not sure about it.
    These are my questionnaire answer:

Socionics Questionnaire:

-Made by OliveOil#4229 / discord.gg/CapitalOfTypology

1. What is your relationship to physical experience and comfort? What experiences are you drawn to?

I’m not sure I understand this question. I really like physical comfort, especially eating and sleeping. My favorite foods are sweets. When I eat, I like to savour all the flavors slowly, so I can appreciate the moment.
    But physical experiences are not what’s most important to me. Experiences that make me feel strong emotions,like going on a roller coaster or watching an intense movie, are much more appreciated.

2. Are you comfortable with emotional expression? How does this differ between personal and group expression?

I can easily talk about my feelings and problems to my friends or even in a group of people I don’t even know. Sometimes I even end up oversharing, which makes me regretful later. I’m not comfortable though with crying in front of other people and showing affection. I basically never show affection to anyone, not even to the people I love the most.

I’m not comfortable with other people’s emotions though. Whenever someone comes to me for emotional support, I kind of panic because I don’t know how to deal with it.

3. How do you judge your relationships? How do you assess and influence the closeness of your relationships? Does this matter to you?

I am a very outgoing person who tends to make friends very easily, but only a few of them are closer to me.

I judge the closeness of my relationships by a lot of factors.
    - For how long have we known each other?

- How much do they know about the real me ?

- Do I have to hide who I truly am when I close to them? Or can I express my opinions without judgment?

- Am i comfortable to talk about controversial topics with then? Or would that be uncomfortable?

4. How important is independence to you? Where do you seek it? Where are you comfortable asking for help?

Independence is really important for me. Right now I’m okay with depending on my parents, but in the future I want to be completely independent and free. I don’t hesitate to ask for help from friends and family if I happen to need it though.

I plan to achieve my independence through my career. I want to be successful and rich. I also want to be able to make decisions without consulting anyone, considering oneof my main issues today is being indecisive.

I should also mention that I dislike figures of authority and following orders. As a child, I believe I had ODD ( Oppositional Defiant Disorder ), which made always disobey orders and want things to go my own way.

5. What topics do you feel the most confident discussing and interacting with? When do you feel like you are “in your element”? (Please try to stay general and avoid naming specific shows or such)

I like to talk about several different topics, but I absolutely love talking about my own life and feelings. Like what is happening in my life, what problems I am having right now, how am i feeling about them. I avoid doing it though because I realize people are usually not interested in my life.
    I also like to talk about my topics of interest and things I research about, like a tv show I really like or MBTI, for example.

When talking to someone new, I tend to look for topics that we have in common so the conversation can go smoothly.

6. How do you go about giving advice?
    I dislike giving advice to people that are dealing with complex situations. I don’t want them to blame me if something goes wrong. However, whenever someone comes to me for emotional support I end up giving them advice instead because I’m basically incapable of dealing with other’s emotions.

7. How do you determine the value of something?
    It could be different ways. It could be monetary value, or sentimental value. I care about how I perceive such thing and also about others perceive such thing.

8. Do you focus more on what is changing or what stays the same? Do you care more about finding comfort in what is stable or do you care more about what is changing and evolving around you?
    I usually tend to trust and feel comfortable about what is staying the same. For exemple, when choosing a career, I choosed one that was already stable and probable of being success, instead of choosing one that will be in demand in the future. This is because I tend to trust more what has already been proven to work for several people, instead of trying a new path that could go wrong in several different ways. I usually avoid taking risks.

That being said, as long as I am not taking any risks, I like to experience different situations that will bring me new sensations. Like going to a new place, meeting new people.

9. What are some weaknesses you actively try to improve in?

I have several weaknesses. I was diagnosed with ocd with 18 years old, so I’m a very anxious person and I tend to overthink situations and decisions. That makes me severely indecisive.

I also procrastinate a lot in my studies and get distracted very easily. This happens because I am very prone to getting obsessed with non-related topics, such as MBTI or a certain TV show that I watched. When this happens I usually research about these topics obsessively until I get tired of them.

10. What are things that others deem important that you do not care about?
    Romantic Relationships. I’m asexual and aromantic so romantic relationships and sex couldn’t matter less to me. I’m currently 19 years old and haven’t even had my first kiss, but that doesn’t bother me because I’ve never wanted to kiss someone. My friends say this isn’t normal and that I should look for a therapist and get it treated. But being asexual is a part of me I can’t change so I don’t care about the social pressures.

11. How do you determine the best way for things to be done? Does your idea of this tend to stay the same or does it change often? How do you know that you’ve made a good decision?

Before making a decision, I firsthand search for information. I consult different sources, gather up information and ask people’s opinions on the matter. Then, I weigh the pros and the cons of each option. Only after this process I will be able to make a decision. And even after than, I’m still prone to changing my mind if there’s more than one good option. I know I have made a good decision based on data that tells me this option has worked before.

12. Describe how you perceive time. What is your relationship to it? (This may be a hard question to answer. An example response could be about how you are very worried about wasting time and you believe nothing is eternal)

Most of the time it feels to me that time is passing very slowly, especially when I’m doing some boring activity ( I get bored very easily). The only way of making time pass quicker is when I'm doing something that interests me.

But I also worry about not “ using my time well enough” and not “ enjoying the moments”. That makes me very sad especially when it’s my birthday, because I feel like I’m getting older and my time is ending.

13. What kind of people do you find yourself drawn to? What kind of people compliment your traits well?

I’m drawn to kind people who will listen to me and my feelings. I’m also drawn to people who are non-judgmental and open minded, because then I will be comfortable expressing myself freely to them. I dislike rude and aggressive people.

14. What is something that you feel inept in or stresses you out more than other people?

There are three things I can think about that stresses me out more than other people.
    First, situations that I am under pressure, like an important test, or a situation that I have to make a difficult decision.
    Second, situations that involve showing affection.
    Third, situations where I have to sit still and do the same activity for an extended period. This kind of situation tends to make me really bored and irritated.
    I should also mention that, even though I don't like conflict, I am frequently getting myself in those situation for trying to defend what I think. I recently got into a argument with a group of people. One of the group members said something that was deemed offensive by the others, but I didn't think it was so bad, so I decided to defend him. People got really mad at me and started threatening me, but I didn't back down because I was defending what I thought was right.

15. What is your relationship to structure? Do you require it? Do you follow it or create it? Do you seek it internally or externally?
    I’m a very disorganized person, so I wouldn’t say structure is that important to me. But if I am looking for some structure, I would probably mentally organize things instead of looking for it externally.

Last edited by Emanuelli; 03-20-2023 at 05:29 PM. Reason: New information

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A typing video would help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't speak english so unfortunately I can't make a video.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emanuelli View Post
    Your language is irrelevant. A video is much preferred for online typing, to look at your non-verbal behaviour (can be synonymized as mimicry, ''look'', etc.) which is connected with the types. Not that your questionnaire is useless.
    ESL native language speakers have posted their videos before, for this purpose. They just usually upload a separate questionnaire on text (like you've already done).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So can I make the video answering the questions in portuguese? Does it have to be image and sound or just sound?

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So can I make the video answering the questions in portuguese?
    Yep. Just make sure your face can be seen clearly (proper lighting, not too far away from the camera, not too low quality video, etc.).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, I'll do it when I have the time and post it again. Thanks!

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can speak portuguese, I'm not proficient at typing but I can give my opinion on your answers if you want too.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Fortunately or not these questions are useless for good typing
    You have to imagine your base function as a lense you wear to see the world through.

Here is a short test
    http://www.socionics.com/sta/sta_turbo.html

And here’s a list of the lenses

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ism-modelsOnly through journaling about what you observe may you understand what lense you use.
    I can pick up on functions here and there.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Other language is acceptable, as you placed a questionnaire. You can speak in English based on a questionnaire existence.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You come off as a T type
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would definitely help, thank you. I will try to make the video tomorrow at night.