Thread: IEE and SLI initial dualization (I hate being in love)

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by MathHysteriaOfSoul View Post
    Internet is a blessing in the sense that we can connect with smart people from all over the world.
    I also have this inner sense of mission, I want to contribute to society on a big scale, but I'm still working on my ability to control my inner world, so I can be ready to influence the outer world, if you know what I mean. It's a challenging quest, but I've made some good progress.
    I've been practicing doing all kinds of services to other people just to see how far I can use learned discipline to render useful service.
    The bolded is actually what my title on here ("vincit qui se vincit") addresses. "He who conquers himself, conquers (all)" -- or, conquering the inner self empowers you to conquer things in your external world. It's something I'm getting tattooed on the arm that I used to self-mutilate on when I was a teenager surrounded by abuse and dealing with undiagnosed chemical depression. It's so, so, so vital to know it's necessary to confront the internal to control the external. (To me, the tattoo symbolizes having the capacity to control my experiences and never again experience the abuse, overcome the damages, and all of the things that made me self-mutilate...by facing my inner world first and foremost. Establishing healthy boundaries, identifying things I need to identify, and so on. "Life doesn't have to be that way, and I can reign over my own life," basically.)

I'm curious as to what ways you are applying it specifically, what you are learning, what you are confronting/addressing or learning to control. That seemingly simple sentence is applicable to so many different things in so many different ways, and there is a lot of wisdom to be gained from its application in daily life.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Maverick View Post
    The bolded is actually what my title on here ("vincit qui se vincit") addresses. "He who conquers himself, conquers (all)" -- or, conquering the inner self empowers you to conquer things in your external world. It's something I'm getting tattooed on the arm that I used to self-mutilate on when I was a teenager surrounded by abuse and dealing with undiagnosed chemical depression. It's so, so, so vital to know it's necessary to confront the internal to control the external. (To me, the tattoo symbolizes having the capacity to control my experiences and never again experience the abuse, overcome the damages, and all of the things that made me self-mutilate...by facing my inner world first and foremost. Establishing healthy boundaries, identifying things I need to identify, and so on. "Life doesn't have to be that way, and I can reign over my own life," basically.)

I'm curious as to what ways you are applying it specifically, what you are learning, what you are confronting/addressing or learning to control. That seemingly simple sentence is applicable to so many different things in so many different ways, and there is a lot of wisdom to be gained from its application in daily life.
    They way you broke down points etc reminds me of an EIE, very mentor like. You might have a gift for this kind of thing unlike me but the way I see it, it's better to act upon and realize you later you did something stupid than to not act at all. So if you think you can help the world I say do it life is wayyy too short it's almost criminal.
    "Precision beats power and timing beats speed"

Quote Originally Posted by Amoeba View Post
    They way you broke down points etc reminds me of an EIE, very mentor like. You might have a gift for this kind of thing unlike me
    What I've been trying to point out is that this is merely the product of application. Whether it's a gift I have, I don't know...it doesn't seem that way to me. I think I just applied myself to working on it as a solution to some of my problems. I perceived a problem, looked inside myself to find...what's within my power to change and control? What can I do differently that will provoke different responses than this from other people? I broke it down, analyzed it, etc. Where I saw shortcomings and failures, I worked on improving/refining my skillset.

This ties into the reason high IQ (which is static) is correlated with high EQ (which is fluid). The IQ form of intelligence is applied to the concepts behind EQ, therefore it is improved. The categories aren't really all that distinctive, they intertwine.

(I've finalized the conclusion that I am ESI-Se, on a side note.)

but the way I see it, it's better to act upon and realize you later you did something stupid than to not act at all. So if you think you can help the world I say do it life is wayyy too short it's almost criminal.
    There's a bit of a misunderstanding here. I'm not sure which part of what I said gave the impression that I was talking about using foresight only or something, but I am also very action-oriented in the way you described. A lot of what I'm talking about here refers to learning from the mistakes you made. My personal process entails some self-awareness for noticing when you made the mistake(s), the ability to analyze them, developing personal solution strategies for them, researching online to see if there is useful data that might help you correct your mistakes/shortcomings, and then applying what you've learned in action.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I've been trying to point out is that this is merely the product of application. Whether it's a gift I have, I don't know...it doesn't seem that way to me. I think I just applied myself to working on it as a solution to some of my problems. I perceived a problem, looked inside myself to find...what's within my power to change and control? What can I do differently that will provoke different responses than this from other people? I broke it down, analyzed it, etc. Where I saw shortcomings and failures, I worked on improving/refining my skillset.

This ties into the reason high IQ (which is static) is correlated with high EQ (which is fluid). The IQ form of intelligence is applied to the concepts behind EQ, therefore it is improved. The categories aren't really all that distinctive, they intertwine.

(I've finalized the conclusion that I am ESI-Se, on a side note.)
    EQ is bullshit, EQ is the ability to manipulate others it has nothing to do with real intelligence.

There's a bit of a misunderstanding here. I'm not sure which part of what I said gave the impression that I was talking about using foresight only or something, but I am also very action-oriented in the way you described. A lot of what I'm talking about here refers to learning from the mistakes you made. My personal process entails some self-awareness for noticing when you made the mistake(s), the ability to analyze them, developing personal solution strategies for them, researching online to see if there is useful data that might help you correct your mistakes/shortcomings, and then applying what you've learned in action.
    You mean mistakes you've made? grammar bro.
    "Precision beats power and timing beats speed"