Thread: IEE and SLI initial dualization (I hate being in love)

Hybrid View

Universal Dual Seeking Consciousness (164 IQ) BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Peppermint Wind Vane View Post
    It's funny how everything you described are all givens for me. I never put that much tought into the fact that I should have at least 8 hours of sleep, or that I should seek out new sensations such as eating out and other stuff like that, it always just came naturally. I know it sounds obvious, but it's kind of funny how lower Si means literally not paying attention to such trivial details.
    Yeah, it might seem obvious to you, but for me it just seems like a joke from the universe that I have to do these things. Like, how come being aware of my body makes me feel happy and whole? I literally believed there was no point in having one, let alone take care of it.
    I still don't know why we exist physically, but at least I've learned to appreciate being touched and given care
    And please don't mock me for saying these things it took me a lot of work to get to this point
    I'm being too vulnerable at this point
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never meant to mock you, on the contrary in fact. I find it fascinating to think about how everyone's minds work differently, and to think that we're able of so much growth from understanding different functions really inspires me to know more people.

Universal Dual Seeking Consciousness (164 IQ) BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Peppermint Wind Vane View Post
    Never meant to mock you, on the contrary in fact. I find it fascinating to think about how everyone's minds work differently, and to think that we're able of so much growth from understanding different functions really inspires me to know more people.
    Yeah, doing work related to you dominant function only gives temporary satisfaction. Extended neglect of the repressed functions tends to give a sense of emptiness, and meaninglessness in life, because the dominant function is a hero that doesn't really feels rewarded enough for saving the day everyday for a whole year, it needs some time out for vacation. That's literally what the inferior function is, a vacation for the hero.

And yes, understanding others is key to self understanding, growth and satisfaction in life.
    By the way, Si-Ne is the axis of experience and the learning that comes from it, always leading to some sort of progress.
    So Ne without Si would mean traveling without stopping to take some photos and meet the locals.
    Whereas Si without Ne would mean basically taking all the photos and experiencing everything around in all its details and never leaving to meet more places.

In the end, we're going through the same trip

I didn't mean to get philosophical but I'm sure you get the point
    Last edited by BrainlessSquid; 03-11-2023 at 12:18 AM.
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MathHysteriaOfSoul View Post
    Yeah, doing work related to you dominant function only gives temporary satisfaction. Extended neglect of the repressed functions tends to give a sense of emptiness, and meaninglessness in life, because the dominant function is a hero that doesn't really feels rewarded enough for saving the day everyday for a whole year, it needs some time out for vacation. That's literally what the inferior function is, a vacation for the hero.

And yes, understanding others is key to self understanding, growth and satisfaction in life.
    By the way, Si-Ne is the axis of experience and the learning that comes from it, always leading to some sort of progress.
    So Ne without Si would mean traveling without stopping to take some photos and meet the locals.
    Whereas Si without Ne would mean basically taking all the photos and experiencing everything around in all its details and never leaving to meet more places.

In the end, we're going through the same trip

I didn't mean to get philosophical but I'm sure you get the point
    Those are really good metaphors, actually. Couldn't have put it better myself.