Thread: Type me video

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type me video

Hello, I've recorded a video answering the questions of this questionnaire (https://www.sedecology.com/questionnaire). I didn't get to answer all the questions because the video was already a bit long.
    Here's the link to the video:

Actually here's not the link. Talk to me if you want it for some reason.
    Last edited by Riven; 05-26-2023 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Removed the video link.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NT type, most likely of them in order: ILE > ILI > LII > LIE
    you are somewhat shifty, move around a lot in the mimicry: irrationals do this to a larger degree. and you get ILE in tests a lot too, you said. good idea to add a poll if you can.
    to confirm the type is well done with ITR, to see what people imbue more sympathy and a feeling of homeliness, and what people revolt more and are more negatively foreign to you. read descriptions of functions, types, ITR (in Filatova's book, for example, was recommended to me) and apply the relevant ones to the people you know. for ILE Alpha SF should be much more pleasant than Gamma SF; the introverts more charming, too. for ILE too: SLI > LSE, IEI > EIE. etc.
    the same thinking done for other possible types you think you could have: the best fitting result is likely to be your type

from my own story: i chose between ILI and SLI as the last, and the conclusion of SLI was among other things reached by considering my friends and liked people: ESI, EII, ILE (for ILI unlikely!), IEE
    most problems were had with: EIE, ESE. also an episode with LSI. generally betas were the most repulsive, from a subjective standpoint
    Last edited by nifl; 03-06-2023 at 10:00 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

*NTP

there is possible SEI to check IR impressions from nonverbal and mb talk

TIM
    ILI-Ni-H 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE enneagram 7

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everyone for your replies. Definitely no surprises in getting ILE from the majority of you, I've been mostly wondering if I actually didn't look like something else at all. I've considered ILI before too (as well as the other NTs) but I ruled it out based on Fe x Fi, I feel more at ease with groups that behave like Fe valuers than Fi valuers for sure. As for IEI, I also consider it a possibility and I won't be discarding it at all.
    What intrigues me is that based on typings of friends, ILE relationships with their types fit, but I have a relatively close ESI friend who I find quite pleasant to be around . But that's a subject for another thread.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been mostly wondering if I actually didn't look like something else at all. I've considered ILI before too
    ILE, ILI definitely seems the primary possibilities. P was more apparent than J.

As for IEI, I also consider it a possibility and I won't be discarding it at all.
    try to look at your video, and see how much emotionality you express; your non-verbal behaviour (can be synonymized as mimicry, the holding of yourself, expression) excludes any F type. you have a straight-face, unexpressive, smiling was rare, short and not so fluid/mechanical. your behaviour produces associations with 'intelligence' more than 'cuteness' (F people can perhaps see T people as 'cute' in their behaviour too). the same approach of considering your non-verbal behaviour was used to determine some of your other type-related characteristics.
    further point against IEI: programming, chemistry as a main activity.

What intrigues me is that based on typings of friends, ILE relationships with their types fit, but I have a relatively close ESI friend who I find quite pleasant to be around
    conflictors are intruguing individuals, but ''pleasant'' is not my primary association with them, especially closer contacts where their strange values and less admirable aspects - from the subjective perspective - become much apparent. if you are ILE, their type could be SEI. you can try to see how much that friend reminds you of the possible SEI Sol posted (IEI also a possibility for discohijack, but would be nice for ILE too and different enough from ESI to be more easily distinguished). if you're ILI his non-verbal attitude should be less nice, and after looking at your video again today ILI remained as the other big possibility, in my opinion.

But that's a subject for another thread.
    it's very relevant here! ITR is important for most people in order to come to a correct type-conclusion.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rivensz View Post
    I've considered ILI before too (as well as the other NTs) but I ruled it out based on Fe x Fi, I feel more at ease with groups that behave like Fe valuers than Fi valuers for sure. [...] I have a relatively close ESI friend who I find quite pleasant to be around
    Having a video, it will be possibly to say about your close friend's types which you think in alpha and gamma.

You may try IR effects with my examples:
    SEI: 1 , 2 , 3
    SEE: 1 , 2 , 3

How to evaluate people examples of types for IR.
    For every of human should be seen >= 2 clips for several minutes each, a place with good seen face. You concentrate on impressions from nonverbal of that human, not from what he talks or what does.
    After you've seen all people examples of some type then you create "general image" for this type.
    Then you evaluate and compare these "general images" of types only.
    For better IR you evaluate which type is felt as more comfortable/pleasant, appropriate for friendship, and lesser who irritates, tires, felt as alien.
    Also [not for this comparision], more differing by 4 strong functions types are felt as more intriguing and lesser boring.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

INFJ sounds so close

You said it
    “With a stranger if you see a benefit or potential in the relationship (FiNe)!!!”
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Having a video, it will be possibly to say about your close friend's types which you think in alpha and gamma.

You may try IR effects with my examples:
    SEI: 1 , 2 , 3
    SEE: 1 , 2 , 3

How to evaluate people examples of types for IR.
    For every of human should be seen >= 2 clips for several minutes each, a place with good seen face. You concentrate on impressions from nonverbal of that human, not from what he talks or what does.
    After you've seen all people examples of some type then you create "general image" for this type.
    Then you evaluate and compare these "general images" of types only.
    For better IR you evaluate which type is felt as more comfortable/pleasant, appropriate for friendship, and lesser who irritates, tires, felt as alien.
    Also [not for this comparision], more differing by 4 strong functions types are felt as more intriguing and lesser boring.
    Friendships have nothing to do with the persons own type it has to do with connection on all kinds of levels
    -

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Friendships have nothing to do with the persons own type it has to do with connection on all kinds of levels
    which people you consider friends has much to do with the persons own type, as complementary functions and similarity in values facilitate friendly feelings. if this was not so there would be no types at all

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nifl View Post
    which people you consider friends has much to do with the persons own type, as complementary functions and similarity in values facilitate friendly feelings. if this was not so there would be no types at all
    No we don’t look for functions when we make friends. We look at this person and want to hug them or go to coffee or invite them to our Armenian brunch cuz they are funny and look awesome
    -

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t see you as cleaver cerebral and manipulative. I don’t see your as the type that debates things and loses relationships.
    I see you as valuing Fi over Fe
    Putting it this way, yeah I don't usually argue with people over nothing and I never manipulate people at all. Whenever I lose friends it comes from the fact that either I noticed I was being used, or because I doubt my relationships and have a hard time keeping in touch if the other side doesn't help in this sense.

I grew up being treated as an intelligent kid and up to this day I'm always the smart friend of the group. I know socionics isn't about which abilities you have or don't, I just have a hard time thinking I'm the kind of person I am and not being a T type lol

Do you have any reasons for saying EII over IEE? Or why Fi over Fe?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Putting it this way, yeah I don't usually argue with people over nothing and I never manipulate people at all. Whenever I lose friends it comes from the fact that either I noticed I was being used, or because I doubt my relationships and have a hard time keeping in touch if the other side doesn't help in this sense.

I grew up being treated as an intelligent kid and up to this day I'm always the smart friend of the group. I know socionics isn't about which abilities you have or don't, I just have a hard time thinking I'm the kind of person I am and not being a T type lol

Do you have any reasons for saying EII over IEE? Or why Fi over Fe?
    Would you please take that test that I linked you to?
    -

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tl;dr yeah I get INFj

Oh well, this one is tricky.

For the first item, I think I should actually pick the introversion option. When I'm with my close friends I do talk a lot, and I'm the kind of person to have initiative in a bunch of situations (breaking the ice, asking questions in class, talking to a stranger, etc). But I can get overwhelmed around more distant acquaintances, and I do frequently think of myself as self-absorbed.

For the S/N one there's just no way I can pick sensing lol

Thinking and feeling, I think I do quite a bunch of both strongly. But I like how the first sentence of the feeling box is "are interested in people and their feelings". I try analyzing people from a detached perspective, but it's an interest in people nonetheless. I'm good at STEM stuff and I get fun from it but I'm not that sure if I could abstract entirely from the people factor just for the sake of it.

Rational/irrational is interesting too. I don't think I'd strike anyone as a rational at first glance (or a second, or a third...), but I'm also not good at just relaxing and letting it be. I don't have concrete, well-deserved plans, but I have certain key objectives in the near and far future and I behave accordingly to achieve them. I'm not good with leisure time either, and the reason I got into socionics is because I needed something "useful" to do while riding the bus...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

tl;dr yeah I get INFj

For the first item, I think I should actually pick the introversion option. When I'm with my close friends I do talk a lot, and I'm the kind of person to have initiative in a bunch of situations (breaking the ice, asking questions in class, talking to a stranger, etc). But I can get overwhelmed around more distant acquaintances, and I do frequently think of myself as self-absorbed.

Thinking and feeling, I think I do quite a bunch of both strongly. But I like how the first sentence of the feeling box is "are interested in people and their feelings". I try analyzing people from a detached perspective, but it's an interest in people nonetheless. I'm good at STEM stuff and I get fun from it but I'm not that sure if I could abstract entirely from the people factor just for the sake of it.

Rational/irrational is interesting too. I don't think I'd strike anyone as a rational at first glance (or a second, or a third...), but I'm also not good at just relaxing and letting it be. I don't have concrete, well-deserved plans, but I have certain key objectives in the near and far future and I behave accordingly to achieve them. I'm not good with leisure time either, and the reason I got into socionics is because I needed something "useful" to do while riding the bus...
    Yup
    EII
    -

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne ego for now
    edit: maybe ILE-Ti
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tl;dr yeah I get INFj

That's typical of introversion. As a general rule (Subtypes aside) all introverts seem more extraverts in close psychological distance (family, friends, privacy) ex : the typical introverted who dance and sing in an uninhibited way while in privacy but would never do that in public (and feel ashamed when someone they don't know catch them and stop immediately their extroverted activity !) . Likewise all extraverts seem more introverted in close psychological distance (family, friends, privacy) ex : The Diva/Actor /performer who relaxes at home and behave in an inhibited way (yeah that example was meh but you got the idea !). That said ILE is excluded. Plus you don't display the typical Fe Mobilizing Fi PolR type of energy typical of even the more introverted subtypes of ILEs. (Look at 25:28 to 26:06 in the video, That's more indicative of an aversion for Fe than the other way around !)

It's clear that introversion is more than extraversion as far as you're concerned imho.

31:36 to 31:50 That's interesting. I see in that Fi- awareness but Irrationality (Situation > Judgement = Irrational) /Rationality is not quite clear here. Do you look and expect for something you dislike from that person because you know that you dislike him/her or do you observe her behavior before ? (If both, explain please) Could you change your mind about that person regardless ?

31:58 to 32:35 can you elaborate on "PFfffff" ? (btw you seem extremely tense and stressed in this video).

Interesting, Why is that ?

Can you elaborate on your plan ? Sometimes "a plan" is just going at the end of an academic cursus and find a job. However, that's just following a path. Do you consider alternatives to your plans (Plan B C D ...) and think about the ways to reach them ?

You seem to be the kind of person who don't like wasting time and prefer to do something "useful" with it (instead of engaging in daydreaming for instance lol !). That's a good time management. That's also a sign of Dynamic>Static (but subtype can also explain that tendency).

33:38 to 34:10 Do you have showers in college ( or university) ? I think it's pretty normal to be sweaty after 12 to 13 km of biking ! Anyways, your wearing style seems to be deliberate and normative, it's not like you would wear two different coloured socks or stuff like that without being aware of it lol !

I see that your room is not messy at all and yet you said that it is. You should be less hard on yourself imho. Btw, what Mangas do you read ? What are your favorite genre ?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by godslave View Post
    31:36 to 31:50 That's interesting. I see in that Fi- awareness but Irrationality (Situation > Judgement = Irrational) /Rationality is not quite clear here. Do you look and expect for something you dislike from that person because you know that you dislike him/her or do you observe her behavior before ? (If both, explain please) Could you change your mind about that person regardless ?
    I'll give a college example 'cause I think it's easier to explain it this way.

When it comes to strangers that I've heard about: a bunch of times other students have told me X teacher I don't know is bad or arrogant, but they fail to give me a good explanation why they say this. Whenever something like this happens and I'm about to meet said teacher, I try to keep my judgement as clear as possible and get to my own conclusions. There's one teacher at my college who everybody dislikes and talk badly in any situation, but he became one of my favorite teachers. I even had an awkward situation with him during my first week of class but I didn't let that decide the fate of our relationship forever.

I try to act this way even with people I've had conflicts before. I had an awful argument with a teacher last year and she's the only person I consider myself to hate, yet this year after college break I reached out to her and said I was sorry about what happened between us. I didn't want to keep thinking about that situation and wanted to get closure, and I also wanted to see how she'd behave. She just said "mhm" and didn't react. Only after this I could finally conclude she is, indeed, an asshole.

31:58 to 32:35 can you elaborate on "PFfffff" ? (btw you seem extremely tense and stressed in this video).
    About being tense: I frequently hear from older people who meet me that I look like an anxious person, so I could say that's my default state lol. So combining this with actually being nervous had this effect. It's been a long time since I had to speak english out loud and being in front of a camera made me feel too self conscious.

And about the video, about my reactions to conflict. First of all I don't think I care about direct insults and attacks. I have to admit that whenever I get into an argument with someone it's because I read something in between the lines of what they were saying, or because I feel like they're just trying to impose power over me. My feelings escalate very quickly in this kinds of situation, what usually happens is that I end up replying to the other person on a louder and demanding tone, so they accuse me of being angry for no reason, and at this moment I just lose my shit. I keep trying to argue and show the other person I'm right using logical arguments, and I'm frequently the "right one" from an outsider standpoint, but I just can't get my point across because of my hysteria. At some point I just notice there's no way I can get a good outcome and I physically remove myself from the situation, I walk away.

Interesting, Why is that ? [about sensing types]
    Thinking about the functions, I don't relate to Se enough to consider having it in my ego. I can't just see reality as it is, I have to build up something about it in my mind. About volition, influencing others and needing power, I'm not this kind of person. If I'm to influence someone I rather do it by making them reflect about something I tell them and making they get they own conclusion. I have no interest in being superior to others, I just want my independence and have value in a group for some positive trait I have. Whenever I try to exert raw power over someone it's either to defend myself or people I care about.

As for Si I can't relate to the "spend their time doing enjoyable activities" thing as much either. My body clearly displays anxiety and it has for years, yet it took like, MANY people telling me for me to become aware of it. I don't think I'm comfortable with being comfortable. Sure, I don't spend my time doing stuff I literally dislike, but I'm not fine with the idea of just doing the bare minimum at college when I could be making an effort to be better.

Can you elaborate on your plan ? Sometimes "a plan" is just going at the end of an academic cursus and find a job. However, that's just following a path. Do you consider alternatives to your plans (Plan B C D ...) and think about the ways to reach them ?
    Talking about my long term goals, they're mostly focused on my academic/professional career. I want to finish college as soon as I can, I know I'm able to keep up with a high workload so I'm studying in advance all the subjects I reasonably can. This is more like a bonus so if I feel like it's too hard for me, I'll just follow the normal schedule. I wanna get a master's and doctorade degree as soon as possible too. I've just got started with my degree so at the moment I'm getting to know the teachers and the projects they're working on, mostly networking to see what fits with my plans. A highschool teacher (and also friend) of mine is getting a PhD at my college, and I offered myself to help her with the lab stuff. She sent me an article about her research this week, and we should start working together on april.

I've been able to keep my job while also studying so far, but god only knows how far this will go. I've been saving money ever since I started working, and my father has been learning about investments, so he's helping me in this sense. I really, really want to live by myself, but rentings at my city are very expensive and I just come home to sleep. So I'm still living with my parents to save money and be able to buy an apartment as soon as possible.

This part isn't very well defined, but I'll probably become a teacher. I'm into research and I haven't enjoyed my experiences of working for companies that much. I also have the desire to pursue other degrees, just for fun since I really enjoy "being a student", and I think I'd be able to have time for it as a teacher.

I don't have any other people involved in my plans, and no specific places either. I could easily spend the rest of my life at the same city.

As for alternatives, I don't have anything concrete. If things ever go very badly and I really need money I can work as a programmer after college, or even doing whatever else. I have a good curriculum so I don't think I'd ever have a hard time getting a job. Even if this happen, I can live at the streets, there's people who do this for fun. I'm good at improvising, so I don't do that much planning. Getting into too much detail also makes me prone to disappointment.

Do you have showers in college ( or university) ?
    ... we do but I don't have time to shower before classes Every now and then I take a break from biking to college so I can go to classes clean and decently dressed, trying to make up for any bad impressions I must make lol. Summer is awful here anyway, but I take a bit more care of my style during winter.

Btw, what Mangas do you read ? What are your favorite genre ?
    Most of the physical ones I have are shounen. I have the entire Yu-Gi-Oh collections, a lot Naruto, Fairy Tail, Bleach, Toriko, Katekyo Hitman Reborn and a bunch of others. The one I have the most volumes is One Piece, but even then I just have like 1/3 of it lol. I also really like yuri, I have a smaller shelf just for my collection of yuris. Good thing is that the stories are shorter so it's easier to complete a collection, but few stories have been published at my country.

One of my favorites that I read recently is Blue Period. I even considered pursuing an arts degree in highschool and all the characters are very relatable in some sense. I heard beef about the author but decided to conveniently ignore though.

And I watched the new Bleach episodes last month too! It looks super since, I enjoyed the pacing and was able to get engaged by the anime, which doesn't happen as much nowadays. But 13 episodes is too little, damn.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all, thank you for your time and patience.

I'll give a college example 'cause I think it's easier to explain it this way.

When it comes to strangers that I've heard about: a bunch of times other students have told me X teacher I don't know is bad or arrogant, but they fail to give me a good explanation why they say this. Whenever something like this happens and I'm about to meet said teacher, I try to keep my judgement as clear as possible and get to my own conclusions. There's one teacher at my college who everybody dislikes and talk badly in any situation, but he became one of my favorite teachers. I even had an awkward situation with him during my first week of class but I didn't let that decide the fate of our relationship forever.

I try to act this way even with people I've had conflicts before. I had an awful argument with a teacher last year and she's the only person I consider myself to hate, yet this year after college break I reached out to her and said I was sorry about what happened between us. I didn't want to keep thinking about that situation and wanted to get closure, and I also wanted to see how she'd behave. She just said "mhm" and didn't react. Only after this I could finally conclude she is, indeed, an asshole.
    This points to rationality> Irrationality which means that your Judgement has a predominance over your aim. You collect data and analyse them and then forge your opinions and may act based on them.

So far we can determine your Temperament :

as I said in the other post Introversion is more than extraversion / Rationality is more than Irrationality. This combination is called balanced-stable (I-j).

About being tense: I frequently hear from older people who meet me that I look like an anxious person, so I could say that's my default state lol. So combining this with actually being nervous had this effect. It's been a long time since I had to speak english out loud and being in front of a camera made me feel too self conscious.
    Those are signs of unbalanced internal emotions can be explained by your subtype ( we'll cover that )

And about the video, about my reactions to conflict. First of all I don't think I care about direct insults and attacks. I have to admit that whenever I get into an argument with someone it's because I read something in between the lines of what they were saying, or because I feel like they're just trying to impose power over me. My feelings escalate very quickly in this kinds of situation, what usually happens is that I end up replying to the other person on a louder and demanding tone, so they accuse me of being angry for no reason, and at this moment I just lose my shit. I keep trying to argue and show the other person I'm right using logical arguments, and I'm frequently the "right one" from an outsider standpoint, but I just can't get my point across because of my hysteria. At some point I just notice there's no way I can get a good outcome and I physically remove myself from the situation, I walk away.
    Not reacting to insult and attacks might be a sign of Se PolR since you are aware of those but don't respond to them adequately. Reading between the lines is a sign of intuition which in your case seems strong enough for you to rely on it instead of taking into account what is actually being said. You said in the video that you are prone to neuroticism so I'll factor that as well.

Thinking about the functions, I don't relate to Se enough to consider having it in my ego. I can't just see reality as it is, I have to build up something about it in my mind. About volition, influencing others and needing power, I'm not this kind of person. If I'm to influence someone I rather do it by making them reflect about something I tell them and making they get they own conclusion. I have no interest in being superior to others, I just want my independence and have value in a group for some positive trait I have. Whenever I try to exert raw power over someone it's either to defend myself or people I care about.
    I agree that Se is not in your Ego. You are most likely an Intuitive type. Building internal imagery is a sign of rational introverts who are internally visual and externally auditory.

As for Si I can't relate to the "spend their time doing enjoyable activities" thing as much either. My body clearly displays anxiety and it has for years, yet it took like, MANY people telling me for me to become aware of it. I don't think I'm comfortable with being comfortable. Sure, I don't spend my time doing stuff I literally dislike, but I'm not fine with the idea of just doing the bare minimum at college when I could be making an effort to be better.
    Those traits might be explained by your subtype.

Talking about my long term goals, they're mostly focused on my academic/professional career. I want to finish college as soon as I can, I know I'm able to keep up with a high workload so I'm studying in advance all the subjects I reasonably can. This is more like a bonus so if I feel like it's too hard for me, I'll just follow the normal schedule. I wanna get a master's and doctorade degree as soon as possible too. I've just got started with my degree so at the moment I'm getting to know the teachers and the projects they're working on, mostly networking to see what fits with my plans. A highschool teacher (and also friend) of mine is getting a PhD at my college, and I offered myself to help her with the lab stuff. She sent me an article about her research this week, and we should start working together on april.

I've been able to keep my job while also studying so far, but god only knows how far this will go. I've been saving money ever since I started working, and my father has been learning about investments, so he's helping me in this sense. I really, really want to live by myself, but rentings at my city are very expensive and I just come home to sleep. So I'm still living with my parents to save money and be able to buy an apartment as soon as possible.

This part isn't very well defined, but I'll probably become a teacher. I'm into research and I haven't enjoyed my experiences of working for companies that much. I also have the desire to pursue other degrees, just for fun since I really enjoy "being a student", and I think I'd be able to have time for it as a teacher.

I don't have any other people involved in my plans, and no specific places either. I could easily spend the rest of my life at the same city.

As for alternatives, I don't have anything concrete. If things ever go very badly and I really need money I can work as a programmer after college, or even doing whatever else. I have a good curriculum so I don't think I'd ever have a hard time getting a job. Even if this happen, I can live at the streets, there's people who do this for fun. I'm good at improvising, so I don't do that much planning. Getting into too much detail also makes me prone to disappointment.
    This point to good intuition of time combined with rationality. Long/mid term projects being the main objective. You prepare yourself in case something might go wrong in your plans and you have some backups plan as last resort.

... we do but I don't have time to shower before classes Every now and then I take a break from biking to college so I can go to classes clean and decently dressed, trying to make up for any bad impressions I must make lol. Summer is awful here anyway, but I take a bit more care of my style during winter.
    This points to weak sensory. It is natural for intuitive Types to have some difficulties in the sensory domains.

You also like to be with people with whom you can laugh and have fun. That points to Fe+ suggestive (display of positive emotions). Since you are a thinking type, it is natural to have some difficulties in the realm of Feelings. You talked in the video about the fact that when your friend from college are not around, it's as if they cease to exist. That points to weak R (ethics of relationships Fi).
    So, in regard to installation, your interest are STEM oriented. You are a programmer and study Engineering chemistry. Not only that, you are good at those study. This abstract logical activities combined with intuition is called Scientist-Researcher (NT).

In conclusion I would say that LII-NH is a good fit for you. (sorry I haven't gone through the subtype breakdown, I'll might do it later).

Most of the physical ones I have are shounen. I have the entire Yu-Gi-Oh collections, a lot Naruto, Fairy Tail, Bleach, Toriko, Katekyo Hitman Reborn and a bunch of others. The one I have the most volumes is One Piece, but even then I just have like 1/3 of it lol. I also really like yuri, I have a smaller shelf just for my collection of yuris. Good thing is that the stories are shorter so it's easier to complete a collection, but few stories have been published at my country.

One of my favorites that I read recently is Blue Period. I even considered pursuing an arts degree in highschool and all the characters are very relatable in some sense. I heard beef about the author but decided to conveniently ignore though.

And I watched the new Bleach episodes last month too! It looks super since, I enjoyed the pacing and was able to get engaged by the anime, which doesn't happen as much nowadays. But 13 episodes is too little, damn.
    You have good taste in Manga ! I haven't finished watching Bleach (I prefer anime>reading manga btw), I stopped just after the soul Society arc. I know about the New serie but I haven't watched it. The most important of all is that you like One Piece, that automatically makes you a Nakama as far as I'm concerned !

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Friendships have nothing to do with the persons own type
    Good IR is one of factors for pesonal sympathy and friendship abbility.

> it has to do with connection on all kinds of levels

Where Jung type is one of significant levels/factors for friendship.
    When you generalize the impression about a group of people having one type - you reduce influence of other factors on good IR criterion (associated with friendship abbility). When you compare general images of such groups - you understand which type fits better to that criterion for you.

A friendship is based on mutual sympathy and cooperation (help, care). That a sympathy and a useful cooperation are linked with good IR is common idea in Socionics. So it's not hard to understand that good IR help to establish a friendship.
    People with better IR you like more, in average (when other factors are equal). And in good IR with differing functions as duality you may get more of support and help. Good IR make easier to establish good friendship, with mutually pleasant and useful interaction.
    This is what you intuitively feel (including from nonverbal) in people with good IR - traits which help to establish good friendship with them (including to be good pair). And what you rationally understand also, when see what and how they do, where are strong and what they more value/like in the life.

-

Love is a friendship - joining in a compasion of minds and lifes of seveal people to one as equal parts. Interests of other human become same important as own. As pair "love" commonly is named friendship + sexual attraction. So if you reject that Jung type is important for a friendship, then you reject that duality helps to have love state and hence basics of Socionics.
    Also by rejecting that good IR help with friendship - you reject that complementary functions help to have good cooperation and support which are parts of friendship and common idea of Socionics.

To understand what good IR give is important own experience. The common problem with this understanding are often mistakes in types of people with who you interact. As you mistake in own type too (think EII while having EIE), this makes doubtful for you to understand IR theory. In your concrete situation, when opponent's type is correct - your "dual" will be your superego, what gives among worst experience - you'll be perceiving the work of the theory opposite to what should to be, so have the least possibility to understand it correctly. White is black for you. And such "good" IR do not help in a friendship.
    Last edited by Sol; 03-10-2023 at 12:29 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I know socionics isn't about which abilities you have or don't
    Jung type predisposes to have better abbilities and skills in strong functions. As you think in strong functions easier and more.

Read Filatova's and Jung books. Instead of nonsense where is claimed opposite to Jung typology basics.
    If you have *NTP - examples given to you would help to understand which of these types you have.

Anyway, you should think about own type by yourself at end. To identify types of people who you know good and to check does IR effects fit good to the theory with one (and only) type for you. It's the only way to have good data to be assured in own type. To identify types of mentioned people you may use logical analysis, intuitive nonverbal method, tests. Don't use Reinin traits.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LSI?
    Not very emotionally exited. This as a whole seems to carry towards introversion. It is hard to see anything extroverted.
    Straight rows on selves. References?
    Chemistry, programming. Seems to favor structural logic with Ti+ variety/non fractal.
    Interest in acting and presentation. Gets fulfillment out of Fe.
    Somewhat OK Fi sometimes not so much (role).
    A lot about own experience. Hypothetical trend pondering or showing off is very limited in scope. That is per observation as how it comes off in self-presentation.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 03-10-2023 at 12:50 PM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mr provocateur View Post
    LSI?
    Not very emotionally exited. This as a whole seems to carry towards introversion. It is hard to see anything extroverted.
    Straight rows on selves. References?
    Chemistry, programming. Seems to favor structural logic with Ti+ variety/non fractal.
    Interest in acting and presentation. Gets fulfillment out of Fe.
    Somewhat OK Fi sometimes not so much (role).
    A lot about own experience. Hypothetical trend pondering or showing off is very limited in scope. That is per observation as how it comes off in self-presentation.
    Quite frankly I don't have a clue about the polarity of her Ti because it didn't really shine here . However she seems Fi- therefore Left spinning type and Ti - (just basic deduction). Also she said that she needs help in the sensory domain which is weak as demonstrated in the video and the posts above, therefore she's an Intuitive type. I agree with the Fi normative. There are still some aspects that must be clarified (for instance she dislike the fact that she always try "to compete with others instead of really going for the group mindset" (22:51 to 23:05). I would say that with time and further interactions with forum members and/or persons irl (testing ITR) she'll be able to confirm or refute LII. ( btw, I forgot to tell her that my typing skills are meh !)

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the in-depth analysis, really appreciate it :)

I don't know much about the subtype systems yet, but LII-NH makes sense from the little I know. What always bugs me out when thinking about my type is that yeah, I definitely present NT interests and I'm good at working with them, but I'm also intrigued about people and my own concept of self. I could argue that I approach this interest from a Ti-like point of view, the best example being how I use socionics (a system) and interact with people according with its rules and concepts. But I don't know if this would be just an excuse to justify an incorrect self-typing, or even point towards Ti being valued but not in my ego, meaning I'm something like an IEI. And me supposedly not being an NT would always get me to question, "what person I know in real life would even fit this category, if not me?". Part of my reason for wishing to accurately type myself is wanting to have a correct reference point to type others.

Since I mentioned IEI, that's also a type I've strongly considered before, but for reasons such as the ones you highlighted to point I'm more of a rational type I put this idea aside. I got to read Se Polr descriptions again this week too and found them very fitting, which is quite amusing.

And like people suggested here, I'll be working on ITR analysis whenever I get the type. I've seen that Sol has a thread here in the forum with a bunch of videos that I can watch, got pretty interested about it.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI is a type I've never really considered, so it's cool to read I could be one. I could justify not talking much about hypotheticals because of the context, which is talking about my own self and I was trying to answer questions correctly. When I get to talk to people in real life, I'm more of the type to play around different possibilities, like sillier random stuff such as "what defines a cheese?" in the middle of a conversation about cheese bread at a cafeteria. Yet here I am again talking about my own experience, considering this is something that happened earlier this week hahaha

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by godslave View Post
    Quite frankly I don't have a clue about the polarity of her Ti because it didn't really shine here . However she seems Fi- therefore Left spinning type and Ti - (just basic deduction). Also she said that she needs help in the sensory domain which is weak as demonstrated in the video and the posts above, therefore she's an Intuitive type. I agree with the Fi normative. There are still some aspects that must be clarified (for instance she dislike the fact that she always try "to compete with others instead of really going for the group mindset" (22:51 to 23:05). I would say that with time and further interactions with forum members and/or persons irl (testing ITR) she'll be able to confirm or refute LII. ( btw, I forgot to tell her that my typing skills are meh !)
    My view of Ti-, Fi+ they discuss topics around bad and evil etc.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have watched the first 3-4 minutes...

Just based on that, I think introvert

I would put sensing over intuition, there seems to be a dearth of abstraction, imagery, symbolism, and so on, and the descriptions are extremely concrete and meticulously detailed. Because there can be intratype differences with various function accentuations (like what DCNH addresses), I could see multiple types as possible. I just don't see Ni lead

I am not seeing this:

Ni Ni : a protracted and reflective state of mind, “falling out of time” and later trying to make up for lost activity, generalizing and abstracting past events from memory, using these generalizations to see what’s going to happen, reflecting upon the past in order to be able to evaluate what is possible to do in the present moment and to predict the most likely course of events, patience that borders with inactivity
    Ne Ne : seeing the potential on the current situation, bringing up various possibilities up to discussion, recombinative play, permutations, variations, alternatives, solutions, including options that seem improbable or even absurd at times, informationally renovative and refreshing conversation

I am sensing Si, but it can be demo too (just not ignoring I guess) and possibly Ti

edit I watched like 10 minutes now and I am sensing maybe FI and Si and strongest functions, you certainly seem very self-aware of your internal values, attitudes, wishes/desires whatever (just self-aware..)
    so based on that, maybe SEI or ESI?

Fi Fi : an analytical state of mind, analysis of personal feeling and stances, harmony or disharmony of personal values and sentiments, endearment, closeness, moral satisfaction, emotional sensitivity, deep personal conviction that may produce moral firmness and resolve
    Si Si : a physically relaxed state of mind, turned to the continuity and flow of the moment
    Last edited by necrosebud; 03-25-2023 at 01:51 AM.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by necrosebud View Post
    I have watched the first 3-4 minutes...

Just based on that, I think introvert

I would put sensing over intuition, there seems to be a dearth of abstraction, imagery, symbolism, and so on, and the descriptions are extremely concrete and meticulously detailed. Because there can be intratype differences with various function accentuations (like what DCNH addresses), I could see multiple types as possible. I just don't see Ni lead

I am not seeing this:

Ni Ni : a protracted and reflective state of mind, “falling out of time” and later trying to make up for lost activity, generalizing and abstracting past events from memory, using these generalizations to see what’s going to happen, reflecting upon the past in order to be able to evaluate what is possible to do in the present moment and to predict the most likely course of events, patience that borders with inactivity
    Ne Ne : seeing the potential on the current situation, bringing up various possibilities up to discussion, recombinative play, permutations, variations, alternatives, solutions, including options that seem improbable or even absurd at times, informationally renovative and refreshing conversation

I am sensing Si, but it can be demo too (just not ignoring I guess) and possibly Ti

edit I watched like 10 minutes now and I am sensing maybe FI and Si and strongest functions, you certainly seem very self-aware of your internal values, attitudes, wishes/desires whatever (just self-aware..)

Fi Fi : an analytical state of mind, analysis of personal feeling and stances, harmony or disharmony of personal values and sentiments, endearment, closeness, moral satisfaction, emotional sensitivity, deep personal conviction that may produce moral firmness and resolve
    Si Si : a physically relaxed state of mind, turned to the continuity and flow of the moment
    My biggest issue with this video is that I don't think it reflects how I behave on a daily basis? I've been wondering if it would be fair to record another one actually.

I definitely look introverted on the video, but I'm not like this at all in real life. I'll frequently be the person to take initiative on situations that I know what should be done, for example speaking up in classes when a teacher makes a question, just to get the class going as soon as possible. My friends say they feel like they're walking with a politician when around me at places, because I know many people and I'll be greeting people all the time. I talk to people with the intentions of "networking", because I know that knowing people is better than not knowing. But I'm bad at keeping informal relationships. I'm always trying to be useful to people I know (usually through money or brains), because I don't know why else they'd stick around me.

I can see ESI maybe??? I don't think SEI could be it for me at all 'cause I just have a distaste for "chilliness". Thinking of Ni x Ne I find it hard to figure what I prefer, but I think I'd prioritize Se over Si.

Ni : a protracted and reflective state of mind, “falling out of time” and later trying to make up for lost activity, generalizing and abstracting past events from memory, using these generalizations to see what’s going to happen, reflecting upon the past in order to be able to evaluate what is possible to do in the present moment and to predict the most likely course of events, patience that borders with inactivity
    I don't remember reading this specific description of Ni, but reading it now I find it relatable. At certain moments I'll retreat into my mind and try to reflect on the best path of action to reach a certain objective, looking at how situations will develop. Some examples:
    I'll plan over and over and over which classes I'm gonna pick next semester, how I'll organize my schedule, trying to think how to make it as efficient as possible for the semester and with the intention of finishing college as soon as possible. I'm aware things won't play out as perfectly as I can, but I'm just obsessed about doing this kind of thing.
    When it comes to relationships, I've never dated in my life because first I don't see a point in doing this. Why should I get involved with someone just for the sake of it? After learning about socionics, I at least have the excuse that finding a dual is beneficial on a self development standpoint. I'll fantasize about a lover but I've never taken action, and I haven't been aware of anyone being interested about me. And knowing about ITRs I won't try getting involved with someone who isn't a good match for me.

What do you mean here?

I don't know, maybe I'm just not that self-aware which is why I'd be self-typing so far from what I actually am ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
    But thank you for your reply, I appreciate it when people will take a different perspective. I've posted a video wishing for this, yet at the end of the day I'm always gonna be the one making the decision on what's correct

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    My biggest issue with this video is that I don't think it reflects how I behave on a daily basis? I've been wondering if it would be fair to record another one actually.

I definitely look introverted on the video, but I'm not like this at all in real life. I'll frequently be the person to take initiative on situations that I know what should be done, for example speaking up in classes when a teacher makes a question, just to get the class going as soon as possible. My friends say they feel like they're walking with a politician when around me at places, because I know many people and I'll be greeting people all the time. I talk to people with the intentions of "networking", because I know that knowing people is better than not knowing. But I'm bad at keeping informal relationships. I'm always trying to be useful to people I know (usually through money or brains), because I don't know why else they'd stick around me.

I can see ESI maybe??? I don't think SEI could be it for me at all 'cause I just have a distaste for "chilliness". Thinking of Ni x Ne I find it hard to figure what I prefer, but I think I'd prioritize Se over Si.

I don't remember reading this specific description of Ni, but reading it now I find it relatable. At certain moments I'll retreat into my mind and try to reflect on the best path of action to reach a certain objective, looking at how situations will develop. Some examples:
    I'll plan over and over and over which classes I'm gonna pick next semester, how I'll organize my schedule, trying to think how to make it as efficient as possible for the semester and with the intention of finishing college as soon as possible. I'm aware things won't play out as perfectly as I can, but I'm just obsessed about doing this kind of thing.
    When it comes to relationships, I've never dated in my life because first I don't see a point in doing this. Why should I get involved with someone just for the sake of it? After learning about socionics, I at least have the excuse that finding a dual is beneficial on a self development standpoint. I'll fantasize about a lover but I've never taken action, and I haven't been aware of anyone being interested about me. And knowing about ITRs I won't try getting involved with someone who isn't a good match for me.

What do you mean here?

I don't know, maybe I'm just not that self-aware which is why I'd be self-typing so far from what I actually am ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
    But thank you for your reply, I appreciate it when people will take a different perspective. I've posted a video wishing for this, yet at the end of the day I'm always gonna be the one making the decision on what's correct
    by self aware I meant you were comfortable and organic in answering questions that I would think weaker Fi tyoes would draw a blank on, mostly concerning your inner self, subjective attitudes, “feelings”

and sure videos are not conclusive, you know yourself better. I would recommend reading up on (if you haven’t already! - or rechecking what introversion and extroversion is in socionics because sometimes people think they are E/I but more in a colloquial sense)

as for Ni, I don’t know, maybe it’s there. It’s just words so I don’t mean to invalidate what you are saying but I wondered about weak Ni due to the overly concrete “this is how I think chronologically/plan/envision” way you phrased it (a parallel being someone thinking of something “random” or eccentric they did and using it as an example for strong Ne)

but AGAIN I know essence can’t necessarily be distilled into words on screen so easily and it’s completely possible I’m misunderstanding

like I said earlier - you know yourself best! Over time as you read more perhaps you might reach a certain type you’re more solid on..

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by necrosebud View Post
    by self aware I meant you were comfortable and organic in answering questions that I would think weaker Fi tyoes would draw a blank on, mostly concerning your inner self, subjective attitudes, “feelings”

and sure videos are not conclusive, you know yourself better. I would recommend reading up on (if you haven’t already! - or rechecking what introversion and extroversion is in socionics because sometimes people think they are E/I but more in a colloquial sense)

as for Ni, I don’t know, maybe it’s there. It’s just words so I don’t mean to invalidate what you are saying but I wondered about weak Ni due to the overly concrete “this is how I think chronologically/plan/envision” way you phrased it (a parallel being someone thinking of something “random” or eccentric they did and using it as an example for strong Ne)

but AGAIN I know essence can’t necessarily be distilled into words on screen so easily and it’s completely possible I’m misunderstanding

like I said earlier - you know yourself best! Over time as you read more perhaps you might reach a certain type you’re more solid on..
    Oh yeah these are all very fair points. I feel like trying to "defend" why you're a certain type is like explaining a color to someone. I'll stick to LIE for now to see how things go, so far I think it explains a bunch of things in my life and it's a type I've been tempted to "try" for a while. If I'm wrong, well, it do be like that. But I'll keep the points you brought up in mind

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that intertype test said unambiguously Alpha NT > Gamma NT. provided you consider at least enough of the examples correct, which should not be rejected, considering that opinions coincided well with what you were video-typed as by Sol and a few others. this independent correspondence is notable argument for Alpha NT. this is provided that you did the test without looking at the key first.

I've been tempted to "try" for a while. If I'm wrong, well, it do be like that.
    P attitude. i think you are most likely ILE. P was also somewhat more present in your video, in my opinion

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, I've recorded a video answering the questions of this questionnaire (https://www.sedecology.com/questionnaire). I didn't get to answer all the questions because the video was already a bit long.
    Here's the link to the video:
    https://youtu.be/39IjmtpgtDg
    I watched your video: very low ethics (possible 1d), fairly strong Si, very thirsty for Ne (possible 1d or 2d), fairly high procedural logic (which was one of the reasons you hated the meaningless of certain subjects and cause of misunderstanding between you and your teacher: "what am I going to use this for?"). So in general I'm between SLI and LSE for you.

But 3 things made me opt for SLI:

1- you really seemed annoyed about sharing feelings in work, being the social person (that could be low Fi or Fe but let's say assume it was low Fe, which is SLI Polr function)
    2- you really seemed to enjoy when you were able to improvise in front of a crowd, at first I thought this could mean suggestive Fe, but the improvisation part seems to be 'a new thing that you're not used to doing' and managed to pull off, so suggestive Ne
    3- the fact that you didn't want to get into some business because you associated it with having to deal with people (again some super-ego ethics stuff). Now, ILI, SLE's and ILE's also have that but I didn't notice high dimension Ne in your speech and your Se didn't seem to be on the valuing block of functions, Ni seemed like "by the book" answers so definitely not high dimension Ni either

Ideally, observing you on a daily basis would bring more accuracy. The problem with some of the questionnaires is that people tend to answer them in a "by the book" kind of way which can be misleading. But for now, my take is SLI

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lycantrope View Post
    I watched your video: very low ethics (possible 1d), fairly strong Si, very thirsty for Ne (possible 1d or 2d), fairly high procedural logic (which was one of the reasons you hated the meaningless of certain subjects and cause of misunderstanding between you and your teacher: "what am I going to use this for?"). So in general I'm between SLI and LSE for you.

But 3 things made me opt for SLI:

1- you really seemed annoyed about sharing feelings in work, being the social person (that could be low Fi or Fe but let's say assume it was low Fe, which is SLI Polr function)
    2- you really seemed to enjoy when you were able to improvise in front of a crowd, at first I thought this could mean suggestive Fe, but the improvisation part seems to be 'a new thing that you're not used to doing' and managed to pull off, so suggestive Ne
    3- the fact that you didn't want to get into some business because you associated it with having to deal with people (again some super-ego ethics stuff). Now, ILI, SLE's and ILE's also have that but I didn't notice high dimension Ne in your speech and your Se didn't seem to be on the valuing block of functions, Ni seemed like "by the book" answers so definitely not high dimension Ni either

Ideally, observing you on a daily basis would bring more accuracy. The problem with some of the questionnaires is that people tend to answer them in a "by the book" kind of way which can be misleading. But for now, my take is SLI
    What makes you think I have strong Si? I'm actually curious since you didn't really get into details for this one.

I can agree with the points you made, but in fact I got quite unsatisfied with how I looked on this video. But recording a new one would be like shooting myself on the foot, "oh, now I that I got feedback I can LARP better as the type I wish to be!". Same about debating how other people would be wrong about their observations. I've spent time thinking I was some other types in the past and everytime I got to a situation that proved me wrong, so no hard feelings attached to a type.

I guess my comments made it look like I absolutely despise talking to other people but I'm frequently kind of an initiator, but I don't wanna be the one to do this all the time. Can't really see myself as an Fe polr, unless my self-perception is complete shit, but I can "keep a good mood" in social situations. I'm quite talkative and my friends joke I'm like a city ​​councilor due to how many people I know at college and work, while none of these people are "friends". I keep contact with them because I know it can be useful in the future. Also, by knowing more people, I have more "subjects" to observe and test what I know about socionics. (though I don't behave 100% through this utilitarian perspective too)

About the business thing it's more like I'm interested to be into researching than having to deal with managing people. I look at my manager, for example, and how he had to get away from electric engineering tasks (which is the degree he got) and instead now spends all his time having meetings and I'm just not into this. I could see myself working with delegating tasks, more like a supervisor maybe, but not being a manager.

And my perspective on the improvising thing, I always thought of it more like noticing "hey I was able to keep the presentation going despite it looking like it wouldn't work during rehearsals". While we were rehearsing I'd get stuck into thinking too much instead of just trying to say my lines however I remember, but at that moment I was able to just "be on stage". Well, there's several ways to tell this story, many ways to reword it and make it look like whatever information element we'd like.

I could see SLI maybe-ish working for me since I really appreciate IEEs. But I'd have to analyze this further to see how else it fits.

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Riven this is the first time I've seen your video and I think you should really read up on/consider SLI (who has the same functional +/- charges as LIE and LII, fwiw). I have more substantial reasons to think SLI is a good fit but I sometimes like to point out niche observations as a precursor to any in-depth analysis: Your room, alone, signals very high D Si+ more than it does Si PoLR--the way your belongings are organized looks very "curated," intentional, and mindfully situated--which, for a college student, would make any parent so proud. lol

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    @Riven this is the first time I've seen your video and I think you should really read up on/consider SLI (who has the same functional +/- charges as LIE and LII, fwiw). I have more substantial reasons to think SLI is a good fit but I sometimes like to point out niche observations as a precursor to any in-depth analysis: Your room, alone, signals very high D Si+ more than it does Si PoLR--the way your belongings are organized looks very "curated," intentional, and mindfully situated--which, for a college student, any parent would be so proud. lol
    Really appreciate having you watch the video, I enjoy reading your analysis posts

Yeah I actually care a bunch about my books and how organized everything is, although my room won't always be clean. I'll spend several days without cleaning the floor and not changing bed sheets, having dirty plates on my desk while working, but I can't be this way with my collections.

I've always been wary about Si descriptions though, just like Te is always conflated with getting a lot of money, I don't believe Si is necessarily about basic cleaning stuff, understanding tastes, whatever. So it's hard to really get to its core for me. The way I was raised also worked on me a lot on this point, my mom is kind of a cleaning freak, my stepmom and her always expected me to have initiative with cleaning-matters, my dad gets absurdly mad when he's required to intervene, so growing up I learned to take care of this in order to avoid pointless conflicts.

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really appreciate having you watch the video, I enjoy reading your analysis posts

Yeah I actually care a bunch about my books and how organized everything is, although my room won't always be clean. I'll spend several days without cleaning the floor and not changing bed sheets, having dirty plates on my desk while working, but I can't be this way with my collections.

I've always been wary about Si descriptions though, just like Te is always conflated with getting a lot of money, I don't believe Si is necessarily about basic cleaning stuff, understanding tastes, whatever. So it's hard to really get to its core for me. The way I was raised also worked on me a lot on this point, my mom is kind of a cleaning freak, my stepmom and her always expected me to have initiative with cleaning-matters, my dad gets absurdly mad when he's required to intervene, so growing up I learned to take care of this in order to avoid pointless conflicts.
    Thanks! Strong Si ≠ OCD neat freak. Cognitively, a fundamental aspect of Si is concerned with perceiving the relations between spatial boundaries and how this impacts one's internal homeostasis/subjective sense impressions. Si(+) is the sensing of comfort [SLI, ESE, SLE, ESI and LII, IEE, LIE, IEI], which means "to be placed conveniently, to adjust the environment for one's self, to make your territory more autonomous" and Si(-) is the removal of discomfort [SEI, LSE, SEE, LSI and EII, ILE, EIE, ILI] which means "treating the disease or eliminating discomfort in the home, and also surviving during discomfort." Si-leads, in particular, may prefer one functional charge over the other but will have the capacity to readily access both "positive" and "negative" manifestations of the function.

Therefore, Si-leads can most certainly exist and function well within environments that have sub-optimal conditions because they possess the capacity to internally adapt to the "comfort" requirements of the situation/context. I believe that this is, in part, why strong Si-valuers are the most pervasive types on the planet because they can adapt and find "comfort" in any ecosystem. For example, the strong Si valuing types that inhabit war-torn or hostile environments (where Beta STs may be best suited to endure) have not all shriveled up and died--rather, they have been forced to curate their own personalized form of "comfort" with the concrete reality as best they can.

My point is that dirty dishes laying around or an unkempt room isn't enough to disqualify someone from being a strong Si valuer. SLIs have mobilizing Fi and an affection for a personal belonging (e.g., 'collections') might energize them to situate their personal belongings in an internally soothing way (dominant Si) using subjective, logical classifications (creative Ti in model G) and/or more objective, standardized ones (demo Te in model G).

Also, few types better orient to rote, routine, and habit formation than Si-doms; being "raised" to engage certain behaviors can often solidify them into "tradition," i.e., long established customs. This is far more difficult for Si-ignoring types and especially those with Si PoLR and/or generally weak Si. The PoLR function, in particular, has the least capacity for growth in that the information on this aspect is generally incomprehensible, and, therefore, is often ignored, even in extreme situations where it is most crucial:

"Even with a theoretical understanding of how this element works, it is difficult to turn it into practical norms of behavior. One can "develop" the vulnerable function by recognizing that it is actually important in certain real-life circumstances. Even if the subject recognizes this, he will still usually try to avoid taking responsibility for it himself, or develop a minimalist or non-traditional approach (possibly using other functions) that is enough to satisfy one's own needs."

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p...stive_function

Also, I'm not trying to battle-type you! Just providing an alternate perspective.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    Thanks! Strong Si ≠ OCD neat freak. Cognitively, a fundamental aspect of Si is concerned with perceiving the relations between spatial boundaries and how this impacts one's internal homeostasis/subjective sense impressions. Si(+) is the sensing of comfort [SLI, ESE, SLE, ESI and LII, IEE, LIE, IEI], which means "to be placed conveniently, to adjust the environment for one's self, to make your territory more autonomous" and Si(-) is the removal of discomfort [SEI, LSE, SEE, LSI and EII, ILE, EIE, ILI] which means "treating the disease or eliminating discomfort in the home, and also surviving during discomfort." Si-leads, in particular, may prefer one functional charge over the other but will have the capacity to readily access both "positive" and "negative" manifestations of the function.

Therefore, Si-leads can most certainly exist and function well within environments that have sub-optimal conditions because they possess the capacity to internally adapt to the "comfort" requirements of the situation/context. I believe that this is, in part, why strong Si-valuers are the most pervasive types on the planet because they can adapt and find "comfort" in any ecosystem. For example, the strong Si valuing types that inhabit war-torn or hostile environments (where Beta STs may be best suited to endure) have not all shriveled up and died--rather, they have been forced to curate their own personalized form of "comfort" with the concrete reality as best they can.
    Looking at it this way makes quite more sense, and sounds way more relatable than stuff I've read before. For me it could be that I'm so "engaged" on Si, use it so strongly that I just take it from granted, which is why I would think of it as a weak function. The way many people define Si also sound quite cringe too, I'd get like "who on earth would like to have this as their strongest one lol". "To be placed conveniently, to adjust the environment for one's self, surviving during discomfort" sounds way more cool and meaningful.

Having Se on the other side of the spectrum and having it defined as "volitional sensing", while Si is so frequently linked to "comfort" would also get me to think I'm an Se-valuer rather than an Si one. I don't know a good way to explain this but I just feel distasteful about people who won't have any initiative and will just complain about everything instead of getting out of their beds and trying to change something. But we could see it from a perspective of "if it is so uncomfortable why do you keep yourself under these circumstances? There's obviously a solution, you're just not putting it into work" (which could be the Te creative). I'm a quite flexible person, and if there's something in my environment I can't change myself, I'll try to paint it in a positive way. For example, public transport at my city is awful, buses are always late and if you miss a bus you have to wait at least 30 minutes for the next one. Most people constantly complain about this, while I just think "this is actually fine, I can spent this time reading, listening to a podcast or something". Many colleagues will complain about studying, while I convinced myself this is fun, I managed to pick a degree I enjoy and even though not all subjects are interesting, I just find a way to like it. And if I can change it, I just do it. I rarely get into trouble myself but I'm always solving my friends problems since I see literally no point in listening to them complaining if they're not looking for a solution, I don't enjoy it and I just can't say "oh this is so relatable!" (some tints of weak Fe here?).

Which brings to why I thought I should be a rational type instead of an irrational one. I just like working, studying, doing "useful" shit. I like it so much I don't see it as work, so I place a lot of importance on it and I spent most of the time doing these things. I don't see a point in postponing obligations and I'm quick to get into action. What is usually considered leisure time is harder for me to understand, for example, I'm not interested in trips or going out to visit different places, watching a new TV series, even having a break from work, whatever. What I wouldn't consider is what is behind this, the fact that I know that I like the things that compose my routine and that they're "reliable" to provide me fulfillment. It's way easier to be a workaholic if you just like, enjoy your job lol.

My point is that dirty dishes laying around or an unkempt room isn't enough to disqualify someone from being a strong Si valuer. SLIs have mobilizing Fi and an affection for a personal belonging (e.g., 'collections') might energize them to situate their personal belongings in an internally soothing way (dominant Si) using subjective, logical classifications (creative Ti in model G) and/or more objective, standardized ones (demo Te in model G).
    I've also been pointed out that maybe my Fi was "too good" to be 1D lol. When I was interested in MBTI it was one of the elements that most intrigued me, so back then I unknowingly identified myself as an Fi-valuer, despite definitions from each system being quite different. And I've always had trouble with relationships (wording it as painful wouldn't be wrong?) so no surprises with Fe polr, I think I just managed to get in an environment that allows me to avoid big issues in this area.

Even with a theoretical understanding of how this element works, it is difficult to turn it into practical norms of behavior. One can "develop" the vulnerable function by recognizing that it is actually important in certain real-life circumstances. Even if the subject recognizes this, he will still usually try to avoid taking responsibility for it himself, or develop a minimalist or non-traditional approach (possibly using other functions) that is enough to satisfy one's own needs.
    Yeah I've had my share of experiences with it yet I'll manage to turn a blind-eye to them until I get to a frustrating situation once again. Growing up with another Fe polr in the house wanting help from him in this field was also something lol.

Anyway, is SLI as cool of a type as LIE? I highly doubt, but I get to be their supervisor which is good enough. Jokes aside, if it makes sense, it makes sense. Worse than not knowing your weaknesses is not knowing your strenghts.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You probably are rational type

The part you said you don’t like programming that much because it feels too repetitive, but feel interested in chemistry showing that you seem lean towards Ti than Te? That you doesn’t has a “craftsman” mindset, but rather being interested in some fundamental principles?

Just for the look I’m gonna think you are LSI. You have pretty sharp eyes and sharp appearance lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast