Thread: [MODEL G] LII - CD/DC: A peculiar example

Hybrid View

TIM
    SLE-C (ISTP)
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the difference between analizing someone logically as opposed to ethically?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    What's the difference between analizing someone logically as opposed to ethically?
    Lol you didn't even opened the post yet commented so fast! Nice.

I will gladly answer this question although I don't have to since I find it so obvious xD. Look, in order for socionics to be a science, you shall be able to define everything in a binary way. No shades of grey shall be made. It's (or-or). You can't analize someone via supositions. You can't analize someone guessing. You must look at deeds, facts, proofs. You must forget every feeling that this person causes you, you must forget every impression that it gives you or every prejudice.

If you disagree with my point of view, I completely understand it! But please, don't answer. I don't want any debate. Nobody will change his mind. I respect your point of view completely and you should respect mine

Have a nice day.

TIM
    SLE-C (ISTP)
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reaktor View Post
    Lol you didn't even opened the post yet commented so fast! Nice.

I will gladly answer this question although I don't have to since I find it so obvious xD. Look, in order for socionics to be a science, you shall be able to define everything in a binary way. No shades of grey shall be made. It's (or-or). You can't analize someone via supositions. You can't analize someone guessing. You must look at deeds, facts, proofs. You must forget every feeling that this person causes you, you must forget every impression that it gives you or every prejudice.

If you disagree with my point of view, I completely understand it! But please, don't answer. I don't want any debate. Nobody will change his mind. I respect your point of view completely and you should respect mine

Have a nice day.
    Actually I did open the post but I wanted to make the joke about anal-izing. I won't debate you but socionics is always subjective suppositions, prejudices and guessing things based on a limited set of observed behaviors, with probably baseless information elements thrown in.
    That being said, I think the portraits of types are interesting and capture a significant subset of the population, though on a somewhat surface level.
    Adding more dichotomies does increase resolution by splitting into more and more subtypes. All the "mathematical" theorycrafting is really silly to me, though.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I did open the post but I wanted to make the joke about anal-izing. I won't debate you but socionics is always subjective suppositions, prejudices and guessing things based on a limited set of observed behaviors, with probably baseless information elements thrown in.
    That being said, I think the portraits of types are interesting and capture a significant subset of the population, though on a somewhat surface level.
    Adding more dichotomies does increase resolution by splitting into more and more subtypes. All the "mathematical" theorycrafting is really silly to me, though.
    Then, I suggest you to abandon socionics research and dedicate your skills to a subject in which you can be remarkable !

By your way of reasoning I'm sure you already arrived to this conclusion.
    Last edited by Reaktor; 01-31-2023 at 11:05 AM.

TIM
    SLE-C (ISTP)
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then, I suggest you to abandon socionics research and dedicate your skills to a subject in which you can be remarkable !

By your way of reasoning I'm sure you already arrived to this conclusion.
    Yeah, theoretical socionics research is definitely nothing for me, however I can enjoy reading or hearing descriptions and characterizations of people.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, theoretical socionics research is definitely nothing for me, however I can enjoy reading or hearing descriptions and characterizations of people.
    You reminded me of my SLI roommate and life-long friend. He always love making ironic comments when people (friends only, since he's distant, not contact) make gramatical errors, etc.

A funny anecdote:

Some years ago, one friend of us was saying: "My mother always told me that you always have to tell fools they are right" and my SLI friend replied "Yes, you're right". It was so subtle that only a few got the joke

My SLI friend always had troubles getting typed. He never related to the MBTi description of ISTJ nor the SLI description from Model A. Only when I told him about Model G, he started seeing correlation between him and SLI description according to Model G.
    He's an extremely skeptical individual and he has a lot of trust in his skills (at least that's what he shows). So, him agreeing on something is very strange and usually it is a very nice indicator. But, just like you, he's not interested in Socionics. He is interested in AI and automatized projects in the computer engineering field.

Reacently I asked him about what's his trigger in order to start doing something. He told me that his trigger in order to gain motivation is to set an objective e.g "I will be in the top 5% of my promotion this year", and just for the sake of pride he MUST accomplish it, but he's aware that it's meaningless, in the end. He also usually procrastinates things until the very last moment. But when he starts working, nobody can stop him. He will spend whatever time it takes in order to fully understand what he's doing. Once he understands it, he's so confident that he will do it right that, for example, if a professor gives him a bad qualification eg (8/10 for him is bad) he will go and demand him to show him the exam because he's positive that the professor must have made a mistake. 9/10 times he's right.

Do you relate to any of that? He's SLI-NH

TIM
    SLE-C (ISTP)
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You reminded me of my SLI roommate and life-long friend. He always love making ironic comments when people (friends only, since he's distant, not contact) make gramatical errors, etc.
    Yeah making fun of spelling and typing errors by taking them literally is pretty fun.

A funny anecdote:

Some years ago, one friend of us was saying: "My mother always told me that you always have to tell fools they are right" and my SLI friend replied "Yes, you're right". It was so subtle that only a few got the joke

My SLI friend always had troubles getting typed. He never related to the MBTi description of ISTJ nor the SLI description from Model A. Only when I told him about Model G, he started seeing correlation between him and SLI description according to Model G.
    I have never related to the mbti ISTJ description at all, but ISTP is a very good fit when it comes to most descriptions of the type. Many SLI descriptions are a bit too much mushroom-picking hippie like, but the SLI-Te desc was pretty fitting as well as the SLI-D one.

He's an extremely skeptical individual and he has a lot of trust in his skills (at least that's what he shows). So, him agreeing on something is very strange and usually it is a very nice indicator. But, just like you, he's not interested in Socionics. He is interested in AI and automatized projects in the computer engineering field.
    Disagreeing with people is just something I habitually do, usually they're wrong at least on some parts. It's maybe related to not wanting to show enthusiasm. When it comes to skepticism, I don't like being told anything that seems like it's not supported by empirical evidence. I refused to partake in any religion and walked out of religion classes as a kid (this was early 1990s, not sure if those exist anymore). Conspiracy theories usually annoy me greatly. Pseudoscience can be amusing but I take issue when it's tried to clothe as science. Describing people and assigning categories is fine, when it comes to anything mystical I'm out. One reason I don't like Jung. It has to be backed by solid science, not belief or guessing. I have worked with power plant and ship engines, hydraulic controllers, mining robots and now LIDAR data processing. The hype around AI annoys me a bit, it's just a tool and AI is nowhere near sentience.

Reacently I asked him about what's his trigger in order to start doing something. He told me that his trigger in order to gain motivation is to set an objective e.g "I will be in the top 5% of my promotion this year", and just for the sake of pride he MUST accomplish it, but he's aware that it's meaningless, in the end. He also usually procrastinates things until the very last moment. But when he starts working, nobody can stop him. He will spend whatever time it takes in order to fully understand what he's doing. Once he understands it, he's so confident that he will do it right that, for example, if a professor gives him a bad qualification eg (8/10 for him is bad) he will go and demand him to show him the exam because he's positive that the professor must have made a mistake. 9/10 times he's right.

I'm not sure about the trigger, I guess it's wanting to do good work and be proud of the quality. And being able to do things yourself. Quality is maybe the most important thing. I only buy durable quality items and often repair my cars myself because I don't often trust others to be as motivated to do good work. I can't stand incompetence and delivering subpar quality.
    When it comes to procrastination, that's the usual case. I postpone things to the last minute because it always feels like I still have time left and there's no hurry to do it now, it's more enjoyable to relax. But I will try to always hit deadlines, even if it's the last second. Sometimes it can take too much time because I haven't taken unexpected problems into account but adding margins and buffers is something I've learned with time. If I'm highly motivated to do something, then I will work until it's done even if it takes all night and improvise solutions if tools or parts are not available and stores have closed. I'll usually find a solution even if it seems impossible at first which has gotten me a reputation of a 'Doer' at work. But it's not a stable work output, mostly I just slack off and only energize when something triggers it. If I have to do something I usually try to read all information available about it to know as much as possible about it beforehand. But if those aren't available I might just dive in and figure it out as I go. I prefer to understand the best way to do it in advance, though. I'm a habitual google user and absorb information quickly. I didn't care much about grades in school but usually got good ones especially if it was something I was interested in. I always had top grades in history because I read the book from cover to cover on my own during classes instead of listening to the teacher. But if someone claims I got something wrong when I know I didn't, of course I will dispute that. Doing things right is a matter of pride and I don't let others teach me about it unless I'm absolutely convinced by them, that's rare though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A funny anecdote:

An SLI into typology? Interesting, because SLI's are extremely rare in the realm of SHS. If anything, they're the least common type statistically according to SHS. Based on what I'm reading here, your friend's most likely an LSI. I'm seeing a lot of +L in his ideals, especially when it comes to being stubbornly right about his own logical skills in comparison to others. SHS SLI's aren't so stubborn and confident when it comes to their logic, if anything, they're more focused on maximizing their comfort and health.

"'I will be in the top 5% of my promotion this year', and just for the sake of pride he MUST accomplish it,"
    Most likely a Central type. Central types often crave for something that can put them at the top of the game. Peripheral types aren't so competitive, they aren't that worried about being at top 5% of something, you can see why so many successful are typed Beta/Gamma by Gulenko. Having a strong feeling of confidence could potentially indicate a stronger energy F, which is anti-thesis of SLI's who have the weakest F in Model G alongside SEI's.

"if a professor gives him a bad qualification eg (8/10 for him is bad) he will go and demand him to show him the exam because he's positive that the professor must have made a mistake. 9/10 times he's right."

Seems like a competitive guy, definitely more LSI > SLI. LSI's are the ones who will investigate the mistakes of someone else and get proven right at the end of the day (+L lead).