Thread: The Truth of Socionics

Hybrid View

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah I've had very similar thoughts earlier. There are many psychological theories that are better, like Attitudinal Psyche- but socionics always often gets things right 50% of the time and it's annoying.

Jung distorted things because he had a hard on for imagination as opposed to reality. What some people have criticized IEIs for, but really the best IEIs understand how both are important. ((it's a mistake to think that IEIs don't understand 'reality' well, because reality as a whole IEI probably understands the best.)) That is really the core jist of why socionics has failed to me, it's not grounded enough in a way that's scientifically measurable. Whereas in AP I can go 'oh fuck yeah that drawing is just like somebody I know and met IRL' Yeah, a big part of this is me being an IEI who wants the reality & rawness of Se as opposed to fanciful imaginations, and the reason why I agree with you so much is that we're probably mirrors in socionics (You EIE, me IEI) - but that is exactly what I mean about it being half right.
    Last edited by Hot Scalding Gayser; 01-06-2023 at 04:00 AM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shazaam View Post
    Yeah I've had very similar thoughts earlier. There are many psychological theories that are better, like Attitudinal Psyche- but socionics always often gets things right 50% of the time and it's annoying.

Jung distorted things because he had a hard on for imagination as opposed to reality. What some people have criticized IEIs for, but really the best IEIs understand how both are important. ((it's a mistake to think that IEIs don't understand 'reality' well, because reality as a whole IEI probably understands the best.)) That is really the core jist of why socionics has failed to me, it's not grounded enough in a way that's scientifically measurable. Whereas in AS I can go 'oh fuck yeah that drawing is just like somebody I know and met IRL' Yeah, a big part of this is me being an IEI who wants the reality & rawness of Se as opposed to fanciful imaginations, and the reason why I agree with you so much is that we're probably mirrors in socionics (You EIE, me IEI) - but that is exactly what I mean about it being half right.
    I think socionics is flawed simply because everyone is somwhat restricted by their own type, with Jung and Aushra being IEI. I think out of all the 8 functions, 4 are in my opinion not that well defined, and these are Te (which is often reduced to facts), Ne (which is seen as possibilities and ideas), Si and Se. all these functions are rather weak for IEI, with the sensing functions being of course harder to explain as an intuitive. Fe and Fi on the other hand are surprisingly well defined. socionics just needs to find some ways to fix these raw edges, which will happen over time.
    Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ung-s-subjects

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    I think socionics is flawed simply because everyone is somwhat restricted by their own type, with Jung and Aushra being IEI. I think out of all the 8 functions, 4 are in my opinion not that well defined, and these are Te (which is often reduced to facts), Ne (which is seen as possibilities and ideas), Si and Se. all these functions are rather weak for IEI, with the sensing functions being of course harder to explain as an intuitive. Fe and Fi on the other hand are surprisingly well defined. socionics just needs to find some ways to fix these raw edges, which will happen over time.
    ...Fi is one of the most poorly-defined of all. If you want to explain socionics by stating Aushra Augustinavichiute is an IEI, then you have to explain why her theory is about metabolism of information in the external world (Te and Ne) instead of being about people's internal feelings and dreams like Jung's was (Ti and Ni.) Hate to break it to you, but socionics is an offshoot of cybernetics while Jung is not, and IEIs aren't usually messing with cybernetics. Sorry not sorry.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    Jung is LII
    Aushra ILE

You don’t have to retype people you know to match your own system of understanding about others types. It’s always good practice to trust people who have examined their own types as you have examined your own
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html