Thread: Alright, time to kill the doubts once for all (SLI-Te vs ILI-Te)

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-ILI-N 5w6
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Alright, time to kill the doubts once for all (SLI-Te vs ILI-Te)

To whom may have known about the journey of my typing, I have been 'switching' from ILI to SLI constantly, and I once typed myself as a Ti-base (LSI/LII) before observing myself then eventually concluded I'm not an IJ temperament by type in any manner. So, here is the question:

What's the difference between SLI and ILI, especially with Te-subtype?
    Typology Discord Server

Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

TIM
    INFT
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI still have low dimensional Ne , high dimensional Se even with Te Subtype

ILI still have high dimensional Ne , low dimensional Se, even with Te Subtype

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

on average:
    ILIs like ESI, SLE, are sympathetic to and have familiarity with LIE, but not EII and LSE, and dislike ILE
    SLIs like EII, ILE, are sympathetic to and have familiarity with LSE, but not ESI and LIE, and dislike SLE

Analyze your relationships and see what fits better.

Intertype relations is the best way to decisively find your type. I was between ILI and SLI too - I thought about my values and the people most sympathetic/interesting to me; I was clearly in Delta, not in Gamma. In lieu of a video this is the best way, although the combination is better. If you are an introverted logical type having enough interpersonal data to decide on your type can be especially tough. Think about whether intuitives or sensors interest you more, for example.

Your nickname associates with intuitives. The avatar associates with Se valuers.

TIM
    Te-ILI-N 5w6
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgirl View Post
    SLI still have low dimensional Ne , high dimensional Se even with Te Subtype

ILI still have high dimensional Ne , low dimensional Se, even with Te Subtype
    Elaborate.
    Typology Discord Server

Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

TIM
    Te-ILI-N 5w6
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nifl View Post
    on average:
    ILIs like ESI, SLE, are sympathetic to and have familiarity with LIE, but not EII and LSE, and dislike ILE
    SLIs like EII, ILE, are sympathetic to and have familiarity with LSE, but not ESI and LIE, and dislike SLE

Analyze your relationships and see what fits better.

Intertype relations is the best way to decisively find your type. I was between ILI and SLI too - I thought about my values and the people most sympathetic/interesting to me; I was clearly in Delta, not in Gamma. In lieu of a video this is the best way, although the combination is better. If you are an introverted logical type having enough interpersonal data to decide on your type can be especially tough. Think about whether intuitives or sensors interest you more, for example.

Your nickname associates with intuitives. The avatar associates with Se valuers.
    Hm, you made a point here but I don't necessarily agree that ITR is an effective method to determine Socionics type - despite I don't really doubt the existence of relationships in the sphere of Model A Socionics, especially the benefactor and supervision rings, I found it to be tricky enough to determine the Socionics type using such method. I also once took Talanov's questionnaire test and he typed me as an LSI but Gamma/Delta quadra - which added more confusion later on. However, maybe I need to read this article once more to gain a revelation:

On the Correct Understanding of Dichotomy Intuition-Sensing by Trehov and Tsypin

But yeah, I appreciate your help, thank you.

Oh, I almost forgot. Your correlation can be relative depending on subtypes and its leaning towards one preference over the other.
    For example, it's not like an LIE-Ni would be as pragmatic or realist-wannabe as LIE-Te is - this subtype would relate NF types more.
    Typology Discord Server

TIM
    INFT
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Elaborate.
    Read this

Suggestive works only with (Ex) dimension regardless of the Subtype

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    To whom may have known about the journey of my typing, I have been 'switching' from ILI to SLI constantly, and I once typed myself as a Ti-base (LSI/LII) before observing myself then eventually concluded I'm not an IJ temperament by type in any manner. So, here is the question:

What's the difference between SLI and ILI, especially with Te-subtype?
    I mean I am not sure how this is hard to decide. No offense. SLI is down to earth, grounded, ILI is anything but that.