What is beauty? What is love?

I'm very drawn to beauty in terms of my personal decor, presentation and surroundings. I've always been very attracted to colour combinations, themes, and grouping aesthetics together. I can spend hours alone just designing things in my head, trying to make everything match perfectly.

Love, I believe, is something that you create over time with another person. It's about learning how to communicate best with another person, making mistakes and righting them, doing small favours, owning up to mistakes and making someone else feel good about themselves.

What are your most important values?

I value deep conversation about emotions and personal experiences, free-time and spontaneity and creating traditions with loved ones.

Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

I'm non-religious and prefer to focus on how to be present and how to improve my mental state (e.g. through meditation, being with nature).

Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?

I am generally uncompetitive and choose not to participate in power struggles, debates etc. I tend to think "will it even matter in the end?" so I've never been attracted to the idea of war.

What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?

I enjoy hypotheticals, such as "would you rathers", "if you were a breed of dog, what would you be?" etc. I like topics involving humans, and relationships because it gives me a sense of connection.

Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?

I'm either very neglectful of my body and forget to take my medication at the right time, or I'll hype-fixate on my health and be prone to self-diagnosis, obsessive googling on alternative medicines etc.

What do you think of daily chores?

Admittedly, I am someone who lets dishes pile up and I'll throw my clothes on the floor each night and neglect to put them away. At the same time, mess really bothers me so I'll get upset with myself and become overwhelmed with the mess I've created.

Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise.

I like movies or books that immerse me into a beautiful world with vivid imagery and a great deal of emotional intimacy. I like movies that can make me feel connected (or alternatively lost) in the world, e.g. Lost In Translation.

What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?

I don't cry a lot, but when I do it's usually related to animals (e.g. if I see a video of an abandoned puppy online). I also, for some reason, get emotional if someone compliments me or tells me what a great person I am. It's almost too much for me to hear positive things about myself - I've never done too well with attention or praise.

Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?

I love celebrating special occasions with friends, e.g. other people's birthdays (not so much my own) or Christmas etc. I feel at one when we can all just put our daily woes aside and we have a reason to smile and share gifts and promote a group atmosphere of belonging and joy.

What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

I'm very disorganized and scatterbrained. I forget where I put things and leave important tasks until the last minute, then I'm rushing around, panicking, worrying I've let someone down. I struggle with tasks that don't fulfill me personally. I dislike how soft-spoken I come across sometimes and how I struggle socially with strangers or overly friendly people.

What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

I'm told I come across as calm and straight-forward, intuitive and logical. I'm good at advising others on the best decisions to make and when I'm passionate about something I'm very perseverant and productive. I like that I can consider about situations from multiple angles and see different sides.

In what areas of your life would you like help?

I often need help with planning, daily task management, setting goals and keeping on track.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

I feel stuck in my head most days. I can fixate on problems and have perfectionist tendencies. I can really overwhelm myself doing this but I find it difficult to pull myself back into reality. Sometimes, I just hate my surroundings so much and spend all day thinking about how to improve them but fail to actually make a start.

What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?

I'm drawn to people who are confident and daring and who can take the time to get to know me on a personal level and coax me out of my shell. I get along with people who are a little bit eccentric and fantastical and very sensitive towards others feelings. Someone who can actively try and make others laugh is a huge bonus as I love to fool around and be silly but I'm often too self-conscious to be that way unless I'm encouraged.

How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?

I'm big into the idea of creating a safe space with someone else, where we have our own language and can stand against the world if we have to. It takes me a long time to feel confident in romance and sex and I struggle with being open about my feelings. I look for someone who is just as committed as I am to self-reflection, improvement, creating a better future, being the best version of ourselves.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

My main concern would be my child feeling inferior or unhappy with themselves because I felt that way growing up. I'd strive to set an example for my child by treating myself better and promoting positivity and rewards over punishments so that they'd take inspiration from that. I don't believe in harsh parenting at all.

A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?

Outwardly, I'd either say nothing or I'd question them in a non-interrogative way to see if they'll be willing to look at it from a different perspective. Inwardly I'd probably overanalyze it and feel more frustrated than I'd ever let on.

Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? N

I often feel like I'm on the outskirts of society and I prefer it that way. I love the feeling of being part of a community but a smaller one where I know everyone on a personal level and can trust them to have my best interests. With a large group because I worry I'll be misunderstood or overlooked. I think a big problem with society is it is geared towards extroverts who are valued for being outspoken and 'saying it like it is' which disregards the more subtle elements of human nature.

How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?

I wouldn't say I choose friends, but I just gain more trust in people after being exposed to them over time. At first I can come across as aloof and somewhat intimidating but eventually I relax more and I become more emotional, more silly and more caring.

How do you behave around strangers?

Nervous, wary and worried about how I'm coming across. I will often push myself to be more talkative and confident than I actually am because I feel like otherwise they'll think I'm too closed off and they won't like me. I'm always worried about giving people a bad experience when in my presence.