Thread: Battlestar Galactica

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about ENFp for Admiral Adama?
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[spoil:d43ce70a28]sweet, starbuck's gone[/spoil:d43ce70a28]
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    nah, there are a lot of ESTps that are cool... only some of them are annoying as fuck like she is
    Really, when did I say she was annoying?

Creepy-bg

[spoil:4851557cce]sweet, starbuck's gone[/spoil:4851557cce]

1. [spoil:4851557cce]no she's not [/spoil:4851557cce]

2. [spoil:4851557cce]and yes I did see this weeks episode[/spoil:4851557cce]

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[spoil:2c720c495a]well obviously they can't get rid of her entirely... she's a main character... I was hoping for at least a few starbuck free episodes though[/spoil:2c720c495a]
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTF!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seems Fi to me *shrugs*

he doesn't exactly have one specific type, imo
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTJ

ESTJ

ESTJ

are you fucking daft woman?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see it. There are some ESTj traits there, but overall, I definitely see more Fi than Te. And I see more Te than Fi in Roslin.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no idea how you come to these conclusions, my brain hurts trying to reason them... I think your using the functions?.... personally I find it's better to use actual descriptions... descriptions describe patterns of behaviour and patterns of behaviour are what makes types viewable. This being said Admirable Adama remains by my vote ISTj. The President remains ENFj. The recent episodes dealing with class and aristocracy are telling of their regime. It makes complete sense that Beta quadra members would be most successful at taking control in a time of crisis because they're most willing to take the extreme measures necessary, and indeed extreme measures have been repeatedly taken. Admiral Adama is not ESTj

ISTj
    Mood
    tough, controlling, serious, decisive, tough-minded, disciplined, mistrustful; stand their ground

the type descriptions on this site should be read (or other type descriptions at least) before making any judgments

His relations with the president (ENFj) and with Starbuck (ESTp) further establish his basic viewable personality as ISTj. Using functions to describe what type he is will backfire because we'll end up arguing over semantics. I think people should start using descriptions more. Once i translate Filatova's ISTj description this will all become more clear. If Adama has seemed "more F" lately it's because the influence of the president, rewind and you'll realize he was not like that before they got close. Duty and responsibility are paramount to no type (in general) more so than the ISTj. An example of an ESTj would be his exo. If it was a peaceful era than an ESTj would make a better leader but it's not so an ESTj wouldn't make a good leader - why? because he would have crappy relations with the people he needs to work with - (i.e. Relations between the exo and Starbuck)

Anyways nothing in this thread has done anything to change my views on these. I wasn't able to type Adama or the President until the end of the second season because I recognized the need for caution. By "type" I mean I am typing the RL people that these characters are based upon. This is what makes characters typeable, any good writer bases his/her characters on real life examples and that's why they have strengths/weaknesses.

If you guys doubt my typing than please tell me why and I will use evidence to show you how I came to what I did.

If I sound forceful it's only because we're here to learn. I think people just saying "he's xxxx"!!!! is a stupid way to type someone, it leads to misunderstandings and then instead of actually discussing things like adults we look at each other's observations and are like "omg that idiot does not know what the fuck they're talking about" and then our brain hits the "ignore" button and nothing useful ends up being discussed.

Is Starbuck the only character we agree with thus far? ESTp? good. ok so let's do this reasonably, using her as a focal point, because it's the only person we agree with, we should begin trying to agree on other types in the hopes that we might learn something....
    INFp-Ni

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sigh

I propose that we speak only in terms of information elements for this thread: Ne, Ni, Se, Si, Te, Ti, Fe, and Fi. No? Oh well, thought I'd give it a shot.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sigh

I propose that we speak only in terms of information elements for this thread: Ne, Ni, Se, Si, Te, Ti, Fe, and Fi. No? Oh well, thought I'd give it a shot.
    I find that this doesn't work because it restricts the conversation A LOT. Information elements require an "expert" level of socionics, which, quite frankly, I don't think we have. Thus we all end up confused and unsatisfied, we should simplify things as much as possible, hence my focus on descriptions

I see where you're coming from, and maybe it's just my self-doubt or incompetence, but I don't think we'll get anywhere like that
    INFp-Ni

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm back to ISFj for Lee.

Don't read this spoiler unless you've already seen the latest episode, or you don't care:

[spoil:be5988b23e]Who do you think the 5th is? It would be polite to answer in a spoiler like this.[/spoil:be5988b23e]
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I have since stopped watching the show entirely because of poorly written episodes, plots, and characters and a severe drop in the quality of the show. So Lee's type does not matter much to me any more than whether or not they even find Earth or whether humanity is wiped out of existence by the cylons.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    And I have since stopped watching the show entirely because of poorly written episodes, plots, and characters and a severe drop in the quality of the show. So Lee's type does not matter much to me any more than whether or not they even find Earth or whether humanity is wiped out of existence by the cylons.
    There have been some stupid filler episodes, but I disagree that the writing is poor. I find the characters believable and flawed, and the writing and main plot captivating.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

continued from here

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I don't think Adama is LSE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    What do you think he is?
    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    If not LSE, then SLI. Joy thinks he's ethical, but I don't see that at all.
    Neither do I. L People can be ethical and E people can be logical. But Adama seems quite .
    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Yep.
    Perhaps we should revisit the BSG thread?
    I see Fi. Maybe he's one of those fictional characters that isn't consistent with any specific type.
    I think I see Fi as well. He seems to have a deep well of feeling beneath the somewhat hardened exterior. I currently think he's ESI.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what to think of Admiral Adama and President Rosalin anymore.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they aren't properly cast, but the characters types are ISTj (Adama) and ENFj (Roslin), they have beta values to the max. Note how Adama is softened by Roslin and how Roslin is hardened by Adama. Roslin's focus on dreams (Ni) and proohecy. Adama's sobre realism: when he's talking to Lee and asks Lee whether he loves a girl (I forget who exactly) but Lee says "I think I do", and Adama responds "If you think you love someone then you love them" (Ti)
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gave up on this show completely almost half-way between Season 3. I am now only loosely concerned over the fates of Tyrol, Baltar, and Gaeta.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    nobody have any opinions about Zarek? I thought he was a very typical political/humanistic type INTj (different from tcaudilllg though).
    Zarek is the "aspiring" poltician right? I think he's ENFj
    INFp-Ni

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

possible typings if this show is as beta as ron moore's other shows (such as outlander)

Commander Adama - LSI sp/so
    Kara - SLE so/sx
    Gaius Baltar - ILE sx/so
    Laura Roslin - EIE (?) sp/so
    Lee Adama IEI (?) sx/sp
    Saul Tigh - LSE
    Last edited by lynn; 05-04-2018 at 06:40 PM. Reason: typo

Roslin is concerned about the future of mankind and its survival, isn't that Fe beta? (Real question I'm a noob) and she leads these people to Earth based on visions and dreams she has while on drugs, she believes in them hard as wood, I'd say Ni based on nothing factual. She's acting like a president but her beliefs show. I need to rewatch it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123