Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Battlestar Galactica

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having just seen the episode where Admiral Kane died, I am having a VERY hard time seeing how Roslin could be INFj... I see Ni.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Having just seen the episode where Admiral Kane died, I am having a VERY hard time seeing how Roslin could be INFj... I see Ni.
    Why?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought about it in the shower and realized that ISFj is a possibility too... so I'm going to take a step back and say "most likely Gamma, possibly Delta"
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought about it in the shower and realized that ISFj is a possibility too... so I'm going to take a step back and say "most likely Gamma, possibly Delta"
    Why?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the thing that made me wonder about ISFj (or Ni lol) was what she said about admiral kane

I haven't seen any signs of Ne in her at all. But I'm still on season 2.
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the thing that made me wonder about ISFj (or Ni lol) was what she said about admiral kane

I haven't seen any signs of Ne in her at all. But I'm still on season 2.
    You seem to find many characters to be Gamma.
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In this show?

Three of the main characters. Two of them aren't though... Starbuck and Gaius.

I don't generally tend to be more likely to think characters or people are Gamma.
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I have yet to be convinced that Apollo is Gamma, when he seems to be Alpha.
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His Se > Si preference seems pretty apparent to me, and I believe he also has a Fi > Fe preference.
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His Se > Si preference seems pretty apparent to me, and I believe he also has a Fi > Fe preference.
    His Ne > Ni preference seems pretty apparent to me, and I believe he also has a Ti > Te preference.
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where's the Ne?
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where's the Ne?
    Where's the Se?
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All over the place. He's totally on top of things. He's very alert and aware. We see him work through issues with Fi and then the Se decisiveness takes over and he stands strong. He's quite powerful... not at all "childlike" like INTjs. He's a natural leader, and he leads with Se and Fi.

If you really think this guy shares your creative function, it might be a good idea to start considering ISTj for yourself.
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All over the place. He's totally on top of things.
    When? How often? Why?

He's very alert and aware.
    When he has to be, of course he is.

We see him work through issues with Fi and then the Se decisiveness takes over and he stands strong.
    When? No, he generally works through issues with Ti and then the Ne possibilities takes over. See Bastille Day, Black Market.

He's quite powerful... not at all "childlike" like INTjs.
    Then obviously we are seeing two completely different things in Apollo, because his "childlike" nature is the easiest of any character to spot and it seems to almost always be at odds with Adama, Tigh, Starbuck, and Roslin when asking why things must be done the way they have.

He's a natural leader, and he leads with Se and Fi.
    INTjs are also natural leaders, but they are reluctant natural leaders, which can be seen in Lee. And Lee leads primarily through his sense of logic and possibilities. He recognizes opportunities and possibilities whenever they arise (offensive on the cylon asteroid) and is a strong believer in justice, especially in political justice, is much the same manner that is characteristic of INTjs (Bastille Day, Kobol's Last Gleaming Part 2). He is democratic and not aristocratic.

If you really think this guy shares your creative function, it might be a good idea to start considering ISTj for yourself.
    If you think that this guy is your dual, it might be a good idea to start considering ESFj for yourself. There have been 3 INTjs who have identified Apollo as being INTj.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is the same in the star trek thread logos. personally i wouldn't bother arguing about it. some people have the bad habit of taking a person that they like and "making" them into some type so that their relations are ideal. it is especially bad on this forum with relationships where everyone assumes a couple on some tv show must be duals or that their bf/gf is their dual or some crap like that. by the way we had another thread on battlestar galactica before. you might want to look it up. i never got back to why i think what's her face is enfj. sorry for that to whoever asked

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by science as magic
    it is the same in the star trek thread logos. personally i wouldn't bother arguing about it. some people have the bad habit of taking a person that they like and "making" them into some type so that their relations are ideal. it is especially bad on this forum with relationships where everyone assumes a couple on some tv show must be duals or that their bf/gf is their dual or some crap like that. by the way we had another thread on battlestar galactica before. you might want to look it up. i never got back to why i think what's her face is enfj. sorry for that to whoever asked
    True enough. I suppose we are all victims of subjectivity-personalization.
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by science as magic
    it is the same in the star trek thread logos.
    yep
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    All over the place. He's totally on top of things.
    When? How often? Why?

He's very alert and aware.
    When he has to be, of course he is.

We see him work through issues with Fi and then the Se decisiveness takes over and he stands strong.
    When? No, he generally works through issues with Ti and then the Ne possibilities takes over. See Bastille Day, Black Market.

He's quite powerful... not at all "childlike" like INTjs.
    Then obviously we are seeing two completely different things in Apollo, because his "childlike" nature is the easiest of any character to spot and it seems to almost always be at odds with Adama, Tigh, Starbuck, and Roslin when asking why things must be done the way they have.

He's a natural leader, and he leads with Se and Fi.
    INTjs are also natural leaders, but they are reluctant natural leaders, which can be seen in Lee. And Lee leads primarily through his sense of logic and possibilities. He recognizes opportunities and possibilities whenever they arise (offensive on the cylon asteroid) and is a strong believer in justice, especially in political justice, is much the same manner that is characteristic of INTjs (Bastille Day, Kobol's Last Gleaming Part 2). He is democratic and not aristocratic.

If you think that this guy is your dual, it might be a good idea to start considering ESFj for yourself. There have been 3 INTjs who have identified Apollo as being INTj.
    lol... 3 "INTjs"

I don't think I've seen those episodes yet...

It's clear that it's time to agree to disagree.

(Gamma is democratic too, btw)
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've just seen "Black Market" and I must say... in the past couple of episodes, but mostly this one, we're seeing a new side of Apollo... and it's certainly not Se. Based on that episode, INTj seems like a possibility. lol the joys of typing fictional characters.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ellen Tigh: ENFj
    SEE

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there's some miscasting in BSG. For example, Starbuck seems like an ESTp character played by an ENFp.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand
    I think there's some miscasting in BSG. For example, Starbuck seems like an ESTp character played by an ENFp.
    Of course, Starbuck's character may be a different type altogether masquerading as an ESTp. Her violent youth may have caused her to build a hardened ESTp shell around her, but whether or not that changes or reinforces her type is another matter entirely.
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agreed

What do you think of Ellen as an ENFj?
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We just finished Season 2.

I'm content to call Lee some fictional IJ character

***SPOILERS***

But imo the scene between Roslin and Adama after the election seemed very clear in that he's the Fi type and she's the Te type. When she said, "That's wrong?" and he nodded and said, "That's wrong" and she was immdediately like "Okay" and obviously felt relieved because she found the ethical closure she needed even though she was in a bad situation... I dunno, that whole scene just seemed very, very much like she has Fi in her super id block. If she was a Fi type, she'd have stuck to her guns (at least for a while) and said that the survival of the species was more important than politics. I have yet to see any indication at all that she's an ethical type and he's not an ethical type.
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you think of Ellen as an ENFj?
    I'm not sure. She definitely seems to use as her weapon of choice, not unless what she's doing is some sort of creation of the appearance of through a cominbation of and . Of course, when deciding at her type it would also help to like at Col. Tigh's type and try and determine what sort of relationship he had with Ellen.

But imo the scene between Roslin and Adama after the election seemed very clear in that he's the Fi type and she's the Te type. When she said, "That's wrong?" and he nodded and said, "That's wrong" and she was immdediately like "Okay" and obviously felt relieved because she found the ethical closure she needed even though she was in a bad situation... I dunno, that whole scene just seemed very, very much like she has Fi in her super id block. If she was a Fi type, she'd have stuck to her guns (at least for a while) and said that the survival of the species was more important than politics. I have yet to see any indication at all that she's an ethical type and he's not an ethical type.
    Pedro was supposed to deliver some sort of explanation as to why Roslin was either an ENFj or ESFj, but he never followed-up on that. I really should rewatch the first two seasons with a Socionics-intent sometime. Maybe over the holidays, but not during exam season.

Good job Joy, now catch up in the Season 3 episodes.
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good job Joy, now catch up in the Season 3 episodes.
    *heads off to get going on that right now* (seriously)
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're caught up... and I'm having a very difficult time understanding how anyone could think that starbuck is anything but an ESTp, especially after the last episode.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

omg awesome show!! just caught up.

Ok guys I agree with you on some of them but others I can't see how you haven't seen! I don't really agree with how functions are being "used" to justify typing a character, quite frankly they're easily abused. I'm going to focus more on characteristics.

Admiral Adama = ISTj
    He does his job, he never complains, and he's good in crisis. From what I've read on socionics Betas are the ones to rise above during Crisis. Also ENFj-ISTj duality isn't portrayed much in the media but i think this is it. He's not comfortable showing his feelings. He doesn't care for religion. Also he lets rules slide sometimes for the sake of the future - some of you said ESTj for Adama but I don't think you understand how different ISTj and ESTj is... all you need to do is compare Adama (always looking to the future - beta) to Saul (always looking to his past - delta). Adama let a cylon be part of his crew for goodness sake, meanwhile saul still opposes it, he can't forgive them for what they did in the past

Laura Rosslyn = ENFj
    She's a teacher, she's good at public speaking, she has an aristocratic nature about her (not in a bad way, just the way she sits up so regally and peers while lowering her glasses). I've met female ENFjs and INFjs and there's a big difference. INFjs don't rig elections, if they strongly believe in a woman's choice to abortion they would NEVER be convinced to overturn it because of a few statistics + politics, they have a very strict moral code. Also INFjs do not like standing in front of crowds, performing speeches. Her Fe is apparent in all she does... she raises morale and offers hope, and she sometimes manipulates this (i.e. giving admiral Adama that medal not for him, but for the positive effect it would have on the people)

Starbuck = ESTp (i don't see how anyone can argue against this, she excels in crisis situations to the point that she'll create them) She doesn't show weakness in front of others, she's a leader etc.

Colonel Saul Tigh = ESTj
    Deltas look to the past, just like Saul does. He was part of the war tribunal thing, he loves routines, but when his routine fucks up he turns to alcohol. He was always at odds with Starbuck over her not obeying the rules. He's a strict traditionalist in that he never forgets.
    INFp-Ni

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha you caught up right on time... they're showing the next episode tonight. It is a good show.

Roslin: Aristocracy has nothing to do with the way one carries oneself. The metal thing was a means to an end. I don't see the strong Fe, and I certainly don't see Fe > Fi. If she has a PoLR though, it is Si. I still say that while she's not really a "pure" type, ENTj fits best. There's no way she's Alpha or Beta.

Starbuck: you're right... I can't see how she could not be ESTp.

Adama: I still see Fi as his strongest function... and I see Se, too. He doesn't seem to be a "pure" type, either. The "EP temperament" may not be there, but I just get this mild-mannered, responsible ESFp feel from him. He definitely give Roslin the Fi she needs, if you look at their interactions.

Tigh: ISTj makes the most sense to me, and ENFj makes perfect sense for his wife... but if he wasn't ISTj, I suppose ESTj could work, too.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha you caught up right on time... they're showing the next episode tonight. It is a good show.

Roslin: Aristocracy has nothing to do with the way one carries oneself. The metal thing was a means to an end. I don't see the strong Fe, and I certainly don't see Fe > Fi. If she has a PoLR though, it is Si. I still say that while she's not really a "pure" type, ENTj fits best. There's no way she's Alpha or Beta.
    You see Fe as one of her weak functions? like she makes people cry and then doesn't know what to do? I don't see that. Furthermore remember a couple episodes ago during the boxing match + flashbacks? She was laying down with the admiral underneath the night sky and she was "isn't this romantic?"
    Like I think Admiral Kaine was an ENTj
    Comparing dichotimies i see Rosslyn as Merry (vs. Serious), and Aristocracy (vs. Democracy). She has a softness about her and she smiles alot. She associates people with the group they're in, remember the admiral kaine episode? Rosslyn immediately strove to inform Adama of the "Us vs. them" mentality. For the same reason she was at first rude upon meeting tom zharak - because she associated him with terrorists (a group), which threatened her group. Notice also she doesn't say "I" often she'll more tend towards "we should..." "our goal is..." etc. Admiral Kaine, ENTj, it was not about her "group" it was about her. She judged people based on what she felt was best for her - thus the exxo(sp?) she shot in the head because he refused to obey orders.

Adama: I still see Fi as his strongest function... and I see Se, too. He doesn't seem to be a "pure" type, either. The "EP temperament" may not be there, but I just get this mild-mannered, responsible ESFp feel from him. He definitely give Roslin the Fi she needs, if you look at their interactions.
    ESFp? he doesn't talk about this feelings, he isn't attracted to emotional intensity, he has a VERY strong work ethic. Also the way he refers to crew as a 'family' again it's a group (aristocracy). His duties towards his family are paramount. He lacks spontaneousness - notice how he has a chosen few aid him in making tactical decisions during battle? he needs ppl like starbuck to think outside of the box. Starbuck and him have more of a "mirror" type relationship (Starbuck didn't understand why he would lie about Earth, she was only seeing one side) than a "comparative" (whereby they'd understand each other but not feel able to help each other, I think they do feel like they can help each other.

Tigh: ISTj makes the most sense to me, and ENFj makes perfect sense for his wife... but if he wasn't ISTj, I suppose ESTj could work, too.
    He's extroverted. all of his projects and activities involve other people. The insurrection, the war tribunal, his causing a drunken ruckus with starbuck and bringing down troop morale. ISTjs are hardcore, they have personal projects. They don't complain about their misfortunes (like the colonel complained about his eye), they are solid dutiful people.

Anyways I think we type people/characters in a completely different manner and so we don't make sense to each other. personally I use behavioural patterns (presented in the best type descriptions - i like filatova best) and also i relate the mannerisms of the person i type to someone I actually know of a certain type.

anyways i'm not really sure of certain people still. Like Anders? Even Lee I don't know, and lee's wife? Chief?

looking forward to the next episode!!!
    INFp-Ni

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caprica Six: ESFp
    I totally agree with this; I need a woman like Caprica
    INTp, ILI Logical subtype

Drum 'n' Bass head

GorillaSound.net

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The other problem with typing BSG Characters: Characterization Consistency.

The writers seem to be able to keep Starbuck's character to consistent throughout the show (despite the writers' tendency to write her as the ubercharacter). Because of this consistency it seems that there is more agreeing to her type (ESTp). Other characters, like Apollo, are horribly inconsistent and poorly written from episode to episode.
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

quite true
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay another typing problem that becomes apparent while rereading this thread: Quadra-shuffling. Quadra-shuffling is an issue about the tendancy for people of one quadra to type characters as types within their own quadra. This is probably because if we are particularly attached to a character, we may be quick to read ourselves into their habits and behavior, so we feel as if we are not so much typing others, but aspects of some fictional entity which we have connected somehow to our own sense of identity. I am guilty of this as well (see Lee is an INTj), but this does seem to be problematic in terms of typing a large cast of characters. Perhaps we should dissect these characters one by one in front of the grand jury.

Kara Thrace (Starbuck): ESTp
    - She is apparently the characteristic ESTp. And there is very little disagreement about this typing.

Admiral William Adama: xSxj
    - That seems to be just about the only consensus we have regarding the character. He is a rational type who exercises some creative or .
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nah, there are a lot of ESTps that are cool... only some of them are annoying as fuck like she is
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Part of the reason why she is so annoying is that the writers have turned her into a "Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better" sort of character: ex-pro-pyramid player, poker champion, master sharpshooter, ace pilot, and the list goes on.

Helo annoys me because he has become the voice of morality on the show and he continually disobeys regulations (like those on the borderline of treason) and merely gets slaps on the wrists.
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Helo's the only hot male character on the show hahahaha

I think he could be ESTj. Anyways, I don't think he's done anything wrong at any point. But I cannot stand the whole military mindset, so maybe I wouldn't be one to ask.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nah, there are a lot of ESTps that are cool... only some of them are annoying as fuck like she is
    hey! starbuck and gaius have been my favourite characters throughout the whole series, lol. Also I think it's about time that they kill someone important. So far they've only killed off secondary characters that really didn't matter, like Billy and and that chick that always bitched at starbuck.
    INFp-Ni

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast