Thread: Has Anyone Seen These Socionics Tools?

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Has Anyone Seen These Socionics Tools?

I just found this website that has a bunch of interesting and handy little type comparison tools and I was wondering if anyone else had seen/used them before. If so, what do y'all think about their usefulness?

https://sociotype.xyz/fc

https://sociotype.xyz/gc/SEI-SEE

I was looking for comparisons between SEI and SEE to help me type my girlfriend, and sorta stumbled onto this in my search
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have used it many times

It's good actually

I also like their main test

Thanks for reminding me of it
    Souls know their way back home

TIM
    INxp
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a shame that it's kind of forced to use a lot of rough translations in how the small groups/dichotomies are worded, because I think it could be a very helpful tool for narrowing down types, outside of function and type descriptions.

Also some tools just haven't been given enough attention to yet. I don't think this is the fault of the creator, necessarily, I think they're just going by what their sources say. For example, the External Signs tool has a good number of traits to pick from in some categories, but Constructivism/Emotivism and Static/Dynamic have virtually nothing.

I think it has potential, it's just not quite there yet.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    I just found this website that has a bunch of interesting and handy little type comparison tools and I was wondering if anyone else had seen/used them before. If so, what do y'all think about their usefulness?

https://sociotype.xyz/fc

https://sociotype.xyz/gc/SEI-SEE

I was looking for comparisons between SEI and SEE to help me type my girlfriend, and sorta stumbled onto this in my search
    No, but that's pretty helpful. Clearly I had a crush on an SEE, my conflictor, and not an SEI. She did tend towards narcissism (under stimulus) like it says and I wasn't a fan at all of that. Almost everything in the SEE column fit her. That's pretty cool tool.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Popcorn View Post
    No, but that's pretty helpful. Clearly I had a crush on an SEE, my conflictor, and not an SEI. She did tend towards narcissism (under stimulus) like it says and I wasn't a fan at all of that. Almost everything in the SEE column fit her. That's pretty cool tool.
    Yay!! I'm so glad it was helpful to someone other than just me ^^
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just took a look at it. It seems that this website is based on Model G and G's interpretations of functions, which are very dubious. I doubt whether the author of this website understands Jung's definitions of functions.
    Let's see the LII description on this website:

> Ni/Planning: Good distribution of time (in an extreme situation). Good internal clock

> Se/Patience: They endure for a long time without answering. Rapid exhaustion in a power environment. Inability to lead a rough and aggressive lifestyle
    How could someone who will rapidly exhaust in a power environment be very good at distributing time in extreme situations? Ni is time-related but it's not that simple. I would describe my Ni as running in the background of my mind, keeping imaging the past and future. On the other hand, due to my Se-PoLR, I'm not very good at handling extreme situations. For instance, I'm not good at studying for an exam in the last few days.

> Si/Unpretentiousness: Make do with what they have. They can get by with absolutely nothing. Caring launches them

> Ne/Improvements: The emergence of new and new ideas in the implementation of any principle

The description on Ne is somewhat correct for me. However, I don't agree with what he says about LII's Si. Of course, caring launches us. But how do LIIs "get by with absolutely nothing"? As a Se-PoLR person, I am not very decisive and I often hesitate when purchasing goods. However, I do have some requirements for physical environments. For instance, I bought a new chair for my office cubicle to be more comfortable. I need to feel comfortable, so I can't stand harsh screens and horrible chairs. But I do agree that I'm frugal since I don't like to pay a premium for branding and appearance.

> Ti/Construction: Construction of schemes and structures (theories - LII, mechanisms - LSI)

> Fe/Composure: The need for pumping emotions. Sudden sociability (when something is needed)
    Ti is my leading function instead of the creative function. Having 4D Ti, I can definitely construct structures. However, my creative function is Ne and I mostly produce novel ideas according to my structural understanding. Also, for Ti, I would like to emphasize that I judge the correctness of theories according to logic consistency instead of experiments.

> Te/Inventory: Control over the expenditure of other people's resources (including money) while deadening one's own. They make sure that everything is there (but everything disappears from them or is useless)

> Fi/Politeness: Politeness. Correctness. Compliance with good manners
    I'm a polite person but I attribute it to my valued Fe. I don't like to control others and I don't care about how much money they spend on themselves.

I could also comment on a few other descriptions:

> Ni/Being late for ILE: The desire to freely manage their time and limit someone else's. It is important that others are not late

I don't find ILEs to limit others' time. It seems that this author understands Ni as solely time, which is very superficial.

> Te/Fatiguability for SEI/IEI: Rapid exhaustion from hard work.

Te is a rational/judgmental function. I don't find whether one is exhausted or not related to a rational function.

> Fi/Peacekeeping for IEI: Creating an emotional background in your circle.

Isn't that Fe?