Thread: OK... Dont Fuck Socionics What is Your Romance Style?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Victim > Caregiver = Infantile >>> Aggressor

Aggressor: The only thing I really relate to is the possible intensity of feelings for another (though I attribute this more to sx, especially as its occurrence is rare). Generally speaking, even though I can have strong feelings, the intensity will wax and wane at first, and decrease substantially if those feelings would not be welcomed by the other person.

Victim: Related strongly to the following portions—

• Not always confident about revealing interest
    • Inclined to focus on whether or not the other person might reciprocate the interest
    • Inclined to question whether or not the other person’s interest will remain constant with time
    • Devotion
    • Inclination to openly admit to a relationship having been ended by the partner rather than by the individual himself

Other relatable aspects—

• Enjoyment (not necessarily preference) of partners that provoke in the individual a certain sense of awe in terms of power, physical presence, and the like
    • Appreciation for the sense of power-play present when interacting with such partners, without ever actually “submitting” to them. I’d say I theoretically would strongly relate to this, but have no experience with it in practice, so I couldn’t say for sure.

Caregiver: Strongly related to—

• Attentive in courtship. In conversation, they are inclined to focus their attention on the statements and needs of their partner, and may ask questions concerning how their partner is doing and how are they feeling.
    • Inclination towards smooth, easy flowing, “soft” or suave interaction with elements of playful teasing. I couldn’t see myself ever initiating a “hard,” directly physical approach.
    • Attraction is sparked by aesthetic and mental attributes of the prospective partner. However, if accompanied by an overly “aggressive” sexuality, my interest would likely only cool if I perceived this sexuality to be more vapid than rooted in a genuine, passionate place.
    • Interest is kept up if their partner is welcoming of their care and attention, and even evokes it, and seeks them out.

Didn’t really relate to—

• Prone to assume that partner needs their support and help in everyday daily matters. I do relate to the meeting of another’s emotional needs, but try not be presumptive and assume that they need my support. If they feel they would like my help, I love entering that space with others.

Infantile: Strongly related to—

• Interest is sparked by a partner with positive aesthetic attributes. Active, direct sexuality need not be separate from the equation, however.
    • Appreciate partners who are attentive to their needs, which are not necessarily physical. If the partner does not meet their needs, they may not say anything and instead try to endure and last on their own.
    • Attracting partner’s interest with fun and interesting conversation and discussion, humor, and emotional and mental exploration. However, I have a tendency for this kind of interaction anyways, so it’s less about “attracting their interest” than organically developing a closer bond. Likewise, some of the description’s wording seems to indicate a strong fancifulness, which I don’t really relate to. I can (and tend to) be very playful, but the implied fancifulness here seems to lack a certain gravity that can still accompany general playfulness. As a result, I feel that “quirky statements, proposals,” and even “ethical exploration” would be much less applicable for me personally.

Didn’t really relate to—

• Temper outbreaks and arguments as they become more demanding regarding their needs.
    Last edited by aciaradh; 11-22-2022 at 08:36 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NO [no doubts about own interest in another person]
    NO [not prone to hesitation about whether or not to reveal that interest]
    YES [focus is more on own interest than whether or not the other person might reciprocate]
    ?? [romantic interaction is more about “toughness” than “tenderness”]
    NO [needs to feel some sense of “superiority” over the partner, but worthwhile only if the partner is seen as able to largely “keep up”]
    no ? [this takes the form of power games, which others might regard as cruel or bitchy]
    YES [little inclination to externally admit not having been the one to end a relationship, unless if adopting a “who cares” front simultaneously]

yes, but bc I rarely feel interest at all [prone to initial doubts about intensity of own interest in another person]
    YES [not always confident about revealing that interest]
    NO [inclined to focus on whether or not the other person might reciprocate the interest]
    YES [inclined to question whether or not the other person’s interest will remain constant with time]
    indifferent [preference for partners that provoke in the individual a certain sense of awe in terms of power, physical presence, and the like]
    NO [appreciation for the sense of power-play present when interacting with such partners, with acceptance of a slight sense of superiority on the part of the partner, without ever actually “submitting” to them]
    YES but not for reasons stated [this takes the form of the individual somewhat expecting the partner to be “mean” on occasion]
    I don't understand the analogy [ in the case of Victim males with female partners, this latter trait assumes a characteristic analogous to a “knight devoted to his princess”]
    NO [nclination to openly admit to a relationship having been ended by the partner rather than by the individual himself]

yes but idk what playful teasing implies [Inclination towards smooth, easy flowing, “soft” or suave interaction with elements of playful teasing, rather than “hard” approach and direct physical provocation.]
    yes? [Attraction is sparked by aesthetic and mental attributes of the prospective partner, but cools if such attributes are accompanied by an overly “aggressive” sexuality.]
    RARELY [Caring types are attentive in courtship. In conversation, they are inclined to focus their attention on the statements and needs of their partner, and may ask questions concerning how their partner is doing and how are they feeling]
    ?? [Interest is kept up if their partner is welcoming of their care and attention, and even evokes it, and seeks them out.]
    NO [Prone to assume that partner needs their support and help in everyday daily matters, and in meeting their needs.]
    NO [Neutral as to who ended a relationship. “Power” is not seen as important in such matters, though the ethical matters may still be of importance.]

YES [Interest is sparked by a partner with positive aesthetic attributes, divorced from active, direct sexuality.]
    YES [Try attracting partner’s interest with fun and interesting conversation and discussion, proposals, humor, ethical and mental exploration, and quirky statements.]
    what does this mean [Try to help their partner see the unexpected, potential, and alternative side of things.
    Interest is maintained or cools off according to partner’s response to the above behavior.]
    YES TO SOME EXTENT not the last sentence though [Appreciate partners who are attentive to their needs, which are not necessarily physical. If the partner does not meet their needs, they may not say anything and instead try to endure and last on their own. If their needs are not met by their partner, their satisfaction considerably decreases resulting in temper outbreaks and arguments as they become more demanding]

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, “caring” type of partner is attractive to me

Interest is sparked by a partner with positive aesthetic attributes, divorced from active, direct sexuality. although im not 100% sure what sort of distinction it is trying to draw

Try attracting partner’s interest with fun and interesting conversation and discussion, proposals, humor, ethical and mental exploration, and quirky statements. sure, doesn't feel unnatural to me

Try to help their partner see the unexpected, potential, and alternative side of things. I didn't know this was flirting but yes

Interest is maintained or cools off according to partner’s response to the above behavior. yes

Appreciate partners who are attentive to their needs, which are not necessarily physical. YES

If the partner does not meet their needs, they may not say anything and instead try to endure and last on their own. If their needs are not met by their partner, their satisfaction considerably decreases resulting in temper outbreaks and arguments as they become more demanding. i dunno, don't have enough experience to answer this
    Last edited by necrosebud; 10-17-2023 at 01:08 AM.