Thread: Possible ILI Head Music

TIM
    EII/SLI- HN
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Possible ILI Head Music

Last edited by Clarke; 03-07-2023 at 07:45 PM.

TIM
    694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarke View Post
    I've always had this ability to generate songs in my head and listen to them. For a good part of my life, I didn't even listen to music because I could just generate songs. Sometimes I'll consciously play the songs, and other times, songs that I've listened to will play automatically in my head depending on the situation I'm in at the time and my mood. These songs are usually edited to be looping, and might have bits and pieces of other songs or maybe have added musical effects (like drums/guitar) and note progressions.

I've typed myself as ILI because I have a moving imagination that seems to be serious. This implies that a dynamic function creates my imagination, and that the dynamic function isn't in the demonstrative position.

This is generally a thread to discuss ILI's and music that plays in their head.
    I call it the internal jukebox. I use it sometimes to uplift my mood. I think everyone has it more or less developed. If you have a good musical ear that might be more developed. In general when you play a song in your internal jukebox, the music is in the right key. You can use that information for a lot of stuff if you don't have perfect pitch (like tuning your guitar without a tuner !). I also have a musical imagination that I can turn "on" and "off". When it's "on" it generates original music as long as I want. I just pick the style and my imagination does the rest. It can be frustrating sometimes though because most of it ends up in the trash of oblivion either because I'm too lazy (depressed) to wright it down or because I don't want to interrupt the flow that I'm enjoying while I'm hearing it and/or playing it at the same time (I like to improvise and follow my musical flow and feelings).

The real frustration comes when I think that what I hear is really good (my standards are high !). Even though this stuff seems like an infinite resource to me, the impression of wasting something important can make me feel even more depressed, a wasted potential. The thing is, the exteriorisation of my imagination is limited by my mood, poor productivity, lack of energy and depression.
    I have a home studio and musical gears (but most of my guitars have been stolen some years ago) though but the energy is not there anymore. Plus I kinda think that music as an ephemeral thing so I don't even bother to record it anymore even when I improvise... (yeah, that's depression !)

I think that It's not an ILI exclusive thing. In fact if you want to relate the "hearing in your head" thing to IEs that would be a combination of Intuition and Si and both Ethical Functions. The structuring ("written" composition) and producing part of it is mostly correlated to the Thinking and Se imho.

Edit : I just read your post above. I think it's pretty similar to what I'm talking about !

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beethoven could be an ILI I think

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I've often talked about how us ILI's are prone to volunteer for suicide missions and this song really spoke to me in that respect.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ILI sister listens to a lot of metal bands

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post

I've often talked about how us ILI's are prone to volunteer for suicide missions and this song really spoke to me in that respect.
    suicide missions are harder to perform without an iron will (Se). ILI have too good of an imagination, are too withdrawn and are too economical to just blindly rush into the fray and throw away their lives, when alternatives exist (which ILI, being both analytical and imaginative, see easily). they may be prone to violence and uses of force, but they are usually more intelligent about it. besides, ILI do not value Fe/Ti - if they will throw away their lives, they're less likely to do it for some ''cause'', impersonal collective or grand ideal - it will have a pragmatic flavour (Te), and their pragmatism most often is directed towards saving their lives, or otherwise be a martyrdom for those they love (Fi).
    i associate suicide missions most of all with SLE.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nifl View Post
    suicide missions are harder to perform without an iron will (Se). ILI have too good of an imagination, are too withdrawn and are too economical to just blindly rush into the fray and throw away their lives, when alternatives exist (which ILI, being both analytical and imaginative, see easily). they may be prone to violence and uses of force, but they are usually more intelligent about it. besides, ILI do not value Fe/Ti - if they will throw away their lives, they're less likely to do it for some ''cause'', impersonal collective or grand ideal - it will have a pragmatic flavour (Te), and their pragmatism most often is directed towards saving their lives, or otherwise be a martyrdom for those they love (Fi).
    I'm more talking about that "point of no return" as it were. Y'know, out of fuel, ammo, and hope (far as the characters know). When it is beyond obvious that someone isn't coming out of the other end of a given situation alive. At that point the ILI (or SLI now that I think on it) is going to volunteer to sacrifice themselves. Like Patton put it: "He won it by making the other poor dumb son of a bitch die for his Country!"

Basically, if ya gotta die, then make your death count. Nothing pisses me off in a story more than a senseless sacrifice. If ya gotta kill a character than make it mean something damnit!

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nifl View Post
    probably beta above all. LSI have the hidden agenda "to believe", sensors can probably also be convinced when there's a pragmatic benefit (money for the family for example). I do think IEI and EIE are the most likely types for such missions due to their intuition when an idealistic goal is involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ung-s-subjects