Thread: ISFp make great middle managers

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default ISFp make great middle managers

Discuss your experience or thoughts on my observation about ISFp and why they make great middle managers.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

“Working in a position of supervisor or manager, the ISFp tries to maintain good relations with all of his or her employees. He considers it important to pay attention to the personal and psychological climate of the working group.

The ISFp tries to criticize others less - he/she does not like to conflict and to acquire enemies. Therefore, even if it is necessary to criticize someone, the SEI tries to do this in a soft form**. If the SEI sees that this antagonizes or traumatizes someone too much, he will step back, try to not aggravate relations, and turn everything into a joke. (This quality is absolutely necessary in personal contact with this dual, ILE "Don Quixote", who, as has already been mentioned, receives any criticism in his address extremely sensitively and acutely.)**
    [**Editor's note: Often if ISFps want to criticize someone, they will do so through Fe rather than with logic, which are weak aspects for people of this type: they will make personal comments about their character, their relationships, or their actions, playfully teasing them, coming up with nicknames, creating funny caricatures of them, sometimes crossing the line and irreverently ridiculing and a person, as if inspiring them to change for the better, but they will step down if anyone gets too angry with them. Needless to say, not everybody reacts well to this Fe form of teasing, but these emotional contrasts are invigorating to their duals.]

The ISFp knows how to be the director of moods: if he considers it necessary to support someone, to justify how they feel, to calm them down or comfort them, he/she will do this magnificently well.

If the ISFp considers it necessary to draw attention to his or her own problems, he/she will do accomplish this "creatively": the ISFp will create the situation of the completely intolerable stress and won't "let go" until the problem start getting resolved, at least partially, or until he himself calms down. The ISFps don't feel ashamed to openly talk about their problems, moreover, in this the SEI does not always limit himself to a close circle of friends, due to which people of this type can sometimes produce the impression of complaining too much. (This ethical "tactic" is oriented at the ethics of emotions, Fe, of SEI's dual, ILE, who sometimes needs to be distracted from his fantastical projects and put before concrete facts and problems.)”
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. It's a position that requires good people skills. I think I had an SEI manager and he was pretty good.

TIM
    INxp
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think, by theory, they would be excellent middle-managers.
    The tricky thing is getting them into that position first, not just convincing others they’d be good candidates but also convincing the SEI themselves (they might not want to step on too many toes to get there, and might be apprehensive at the idea, especially if it seemed like ‘too much work at first’).