Thread: Si Role vs Si PolR

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Si Role vs Si PolR

What would be the difference between Si role and Si polr? The online definition shows more or less the same characteristics,with poor distinctive qualities.

Can you provide exemples with type?

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

>The online definition shows more or less the same characteristics,with poor distinctive qualities.
    in practice, it's difficult to see the difference between the 'role' and 'polr'. differences between functions in the blocks is one of the more doubtful elements of the theory - if you're unsure whether someone is XIE or IXI, for example, going by dichotomies is better, because the differences there are clear.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blaecaedre View Post
    >The online definition shows more or less the same characteristics,with poor distinctive qualities.
    in practice, it's difficult to see the difference between the 'role' and 'polr'. differences between functions in the blocks is one of the more doubtful elements of the theory - if you're unsure whether someone is XIE or IXI, for example, going by dichotomies is better, because the differences there are clear.
    thanks, I've exactly that problem. Hard to type a friend who seems in the middle of both iei and eie.

I tried with dichitomies and I reached something. The problem is that in some different sites I get different impressions about dichitomies.

For exemple, constructivist and emotivist.
    Site 1:
    Constructivist:
    First perceives the meaning, then the emotional implication. It’s not typical of him or her to adjust to the other person’s mood
    Emotivist:
    First perceives the emotional implication, then the meaning. It’s typical of him or her to adjust to the other person’s mood.
    So my friends seems more emotivist.

Site 2:
    Constructivist:
    They can get overwhelmed by emotions because once they get into an emotional state, they stay in that emotional state for a long time. Constructivists avoid emotional contact with others and they don't think it's necessary to adjust to the conversation emotionally. They use automatic polite responses and customs Practical conversation (talking "business") is easier for them. They like to repeat emotional states - rereading books, watching movies that they have already seen and revisiting places they liked. They avoid movies, situations and people who give them a negative mindset, because they have a difficult time getting rid of that mindset. Constructivists use emotional anchors (carefully chosen music, books, movies) to keep or strengthen their internal emotional state.
    Emotivist:
    Talking business is more difficult and the conversation topic can wander off into emotional exchange. They try to get new experiences and new emotions, which is why they travel to new places and rarely watch movies they have already seen. In emotivists calls for action/requests are not critically estimated and because of it they can get overwhelmed by them. After getting into a theme they stay in that mode of operation for a prolonged period of time and have difficulty switching, "disconnecting" (and because of it try to avoid unpleasant requests).
    Here, he seems more constructivist.

Rewatching/replaying/re-listen etc. is what he lives for and feels a sort of identification with it on a personal level. Still he doesn't avoid emotional contact. It's just he avoid intense emotional contact with most people. He also said to me emotional implication come before meaning.

Despite my studies I have problems understanding this, to be honest. I find it strange constructivist characteristic on EIEs, and it is strange IEIs getting means after emotional implication despite being Ni lead.