Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    You are speaking past me, missed what I was saying, and even though your points are valid as stand alones, it's tangential to what I'm saying and ultimately wasting my time here.

You are also overly intellectuallizing the concept of being an animal. You seem to not even be aware of the nature of this problem, or that you are somehow removed from animalness altogether. I blame Civilization, tbh.
    Civilization is the proper environment of a rational animal. Living alone in the jungle and becoming feral is not.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coeruleum Blue View Post
    Civilization is the proper environment of a rational animal. Living alone in the jungle and becoming feral is not.
    Great, still a tangent.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was watching an interview with this man who has one of the highest known IQs in the world. He's a comedy writer. One of his consistent themes is something he says he finds very amusing - it is the way that geniuses strive to advance technology, and the often unanticipated ways that technology subsequently backfires on human kind. Basically human beings get so caught up in their rationality, and delusions of their grandeur, that they shut out / forget that they are digging their own graves (and everyone elses).
    Humans are at their most harmonious, and living at their fullest, when they are in their natural habitat, where they are able to fully express all parts of themselves, including the physical and animal parts as well as the rational parts. The brain evolved in nature and its circuits are specifically attuned to take in and respond to the natural environment.. The rational and animal parts need to be in alignment, otherwise you are just gone off the rails. There's not alot we can do to get out of civilization, but let's not delude ourselves that we've done anything other than opened pandoras box, and that nature is much wiser than we can ever hope to be. We have nothing but problems, many of which look to be fatal ones, due to the mess we've created...
    Last edited by DogOfDanger; 09-27-2022 at 02:24 PM.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand. I'm still saying how can you critique what is natural, when your entire existence from cradle to grave is supported and buttressed by Civilization? Your intellect can not help you, unless its connected to rudimentary reality.
    Last edited by timber; 09-28-2022 at 06:25 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    I understand. I'm still saying how can you critique what is natural, when your entire existence from cradle to grave is supported and buttressed by Civilization? Your intellect can not help you, unless its connected to rudimentary reality.
    Good, because it is. Anyways, who says civilization itself can't be natural for humans? Though that almost feels like a meaningless statement without further analysis, that doesn't mean it is. People think disjunctivism is a meaningless statement, but it's really not since it implies other things that aren't meaningless. Sometimes the simple answer is not a simple as it looks.