Hybrid View

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DogOfDanger View Post
    I just spent a whole page trying to convince you that child rape is anti-evolutionary, so what do you think?

If you can't figure out whether nature selects for rape it's not a surprise you can't decipher what the bible has to say about it.
    "God" thought that you could affect an animal's genetics by placing distinct types of branch in front of mating animals.

"37 Jacob, however, took fresh-cut branches from poplar, almond and plane trees and made white stripes on them by peeling the bark and exposing the white inner wood of the branches. 38 Then he placed the peeled branches in all the watering troughs, so that they would be directly in front of the flocks when they came to drink. When the flocks were in heat and came to drink, 39 they mated in front of the branches. And they bore young that were streaked or speckled or spotted. 40 Jacob set apart the young of the flock by themselves, but made the rest face the streaked and dark-colored animals that belonged to Laban. Thus he made separate flocks for himself and did not put them with Laban’s animals. 41 Whenever the stronger females were in heat, Jacob would place the branches in the troughs in front of the animals so they would mate near the branches, 42 but if the animals were weak, he would not place them there. So the weak animals went to Laban and the strong ones to Jacob. 43 In this way the man grew exceedingly prosperous and came to own large flocks, and female and male servants, and camels and donkeys." - Genesis 30:37-43

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SubT - God does not condone rape ...
    There is nothing to be gained by debating religion, especially not with a person only looking for the quickest way to reinforce his preconceived notions... you do this with everything, this is why I call you stupid - and I really do mean that about you - you are a moron. Your lifelong need to poke holes in religion to justify your lack of virtues is old and very weak and whiny, so...
    Religion is kind of the ideal outlet for you to jump to poorly conceived notions and play stupid about things.
    With that, adios and goodnight.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

SubT - God does not condone rape ...
    There is nothing to be gained by debating religion, especially not with a person only looking for the quickest way to reinforce his preconceived notions... you do this with everything, this is why I call you stupid - and I really do mean that about you - you are a moron. Your lifelong need to poke holes in religion to justify your pathetic lack of any virtues is also old and very weak and whiny, so...
    Religion is kind of the ideal outlet for you to jump to poorly conceived notions and play stupid about things.
    With that, adios and goodnight.

Which "God" are you referring to?

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Do you recant?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    Do you recant?
    I'll say that is not a well crafted law, but then again you're the one bringing all this up to try & win an argument I never started or cared about, I've never pledged to want to uphold the Jews customs & traditions. I've never claimed that what you've posted is something divine... the way it reads sounds oddly as if the writer believes justice is being served, this really emphasizes how women were literally treated as potted plants or bags of wheat back then.
    I've discussed this before, but I don't even read the bible the way you're presuming I should, you act as if the bible has to be treated as some perfectly accurate, divine account of all things, but you're literally just reading the Jews history of their civilization and laws. The bible is 66 books written by almost all different authors across thousands of years, in different places, in different languages, for different purposes - it's not even a coherent set of messages. I don't expect it to be what you're presuming it is... To me that is just a passage that some ancient man wrote within the context of a partially functional ancient society that operated very different from ours, making a compromise recording their customs and laws that seemed to resolve problems for them, given the way their society worked back then, with the best of intentions - and that is all, woohoo - you seem to think it should be this divine document perfect in all ways, like there is something magical about it, and that if you can prove it isn't you've somehow proven something about Gods existence.
    Last edited by DogOfDanger; 11-14-2022 at 04:16 AM.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'll say that is not a well crafted law, but then again you're the one bringing all this up to try & win an argument I never started or cared about, I've never pledged to want to uphold the Jews customs & traditions. I've never claimed that what you've posted is something divine... the way it reads sounds oddly as if the writer believes justice is being served, this really emphasizes how women were literally treated as potted plants or bags of wheat back then.
    I've discussed this before, but I don't even read the bible the way you're presuming I should, you act as if the bible has to be treated as some perfectly accurate, divine account of all things, but you're literally just reading the Jews history of their civilization and laws. The bible is 66 books written by almost all different authors across thousands of years, in different places, in different languages, for different purposes - it's not even a coherent set of messages. I don't expect it to be what you're presuming it is... To me that is just a passage that some ancient man wrote within the context of a partially functional ancient society that operated very different from ours, making a compromise recording their customs and laws that seemed to resolve problems for them, given the way their society worked back then - and that is all, woohoo - you seem to think it should be this divine document perfect in all ways, like there is something magical about it, and that if you can prove it isn't you've somehow proven something about Gods existence.
    Keep trying
    I'm not defending the Bible. I certainly don't think it's divine or true.