Thread: Sex Abuse Scandal in the Catholic Church

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shazaam View Post
    The point is things you don't like also have evolutionary benefits and they don't stop having those benefits just because little ol str8 suburban Dog of Danger dislikes them.

Obviously pedophilia/sex abuse still serves SOME function in the world- or Mother Nature would have completely wiped it out entirely already. I know that's what we would all like to do to pedos & rapists (and say things like that when we're trying to virtue signal) but again , the truth is higher than any of us.
    No, because not all behavior is driven primarily by instinct, and not all behavior is evolutionary. That's what I am saying. As I explained, due to circumstances the instincts can be blocked, and this is the situation we find ourselves in in modern society. This is what I call "extinction-mimicking conditions", or repressive conditions. Maybe this is natural, ... I think it probably is, but that doesn't make it evolutionary. Evolution occurs from life carrying forward, repeatedly, over very long periods.... it is natures selection mechanism. You could perhaps say nature has a kill mechanism as well, death is certainly part of nature. Nature perhaps chooses to reject certain things. That poor gazelle with the limp leg that gets it throat torn out by a cheetah is not going to be passing its genes on, sadly. Nature produced it... and then devoured it. I suppose it did serve a purpose insofar as it provided food for others... you couldn't really say that it molded natural instinct, though. Maybe it molded the instincts of others to kill it. That's about the most it did. Nothing unique about it lives on - its genes are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazaam View Post
    I don't want to come across like I'm justifying pedophilia obviously, but I mean real intelligence has always been against morals like that and also not about following the Karen trends as well. It's not about being popular. Grabbing a pitchfork and saying you hate that type of people because of X is about being popular , or is sometimes a proper emotional reaction from people who were abused by a pedophile. Intelligence is being the guy or girl that ignores that, and does their own research to arrive at the conclusion even if the truth is gonna offend some ears.

Many of our research into gay animals was blocked because scientific experts kept projecting their own heterosexuality into it- it wasn't until recently they removed themselves from the equation and discovered the genetic links of homosexuality in the animal kingdom. Had to get over a lot of 'Ew yuck this is wrong' to study it accurately and without bias etc.

Arrogant people who think they are smart but aren't really smart- are quite dangerous (like Mama Ru taught us), so I guess at least your name is fitting.
    As far as gay genes go, genes are expressed within an environment, and when you're making statements about something as ambiguous as human behavior and dealing in correlations of complex combinations of gene clusters and epigenetics... you can't separate out the environment. That being said, I've never denied there's some kind of correlation. What do you think I'm actually claiming? Do you think I'm claiming gays don't exist? Gays exist. Gay animals exist - I'm aware. All I've ever said on this topic is gay behavior has negative survival reproductive value, and so when you see this happening you have to look to circumstances for some sort of derailment or blocking of the instinct. That doesn't cast some kind of deep moral judgment on the person... Am I morally judging the gazelle that got its throat torn out? By observing that this is what happened? Not really, no...
    You could get deeper into this, you could consider nature to be a kind of judge, evolution to be a sort of ultimate moral authority, but I've explained earlier that I consider human instinct completely derailed and so I'm not really interested in making these sorts of moral judgments about people. I am just really interested in understanding human nature and accurately describing human instinct, I think this is very enriching in that it can lead one to a deep understanding of themselves.
    Infact, when we really dispense with the privilege given to gay males to be indiscriminately abusive to others, you are being far ruder than i have ever been toward you. I have explained things very fairly and thoroughly to you repeatedly, so...
    Last edited by DogOfDanger; 09-25-2022 at 06:13 AM.