Thread: Sex Abuse Scandal in the Catholic Church

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, you have misinterpreted that in such a stupid way that I don't think it justifies a response. Nowhere did I imply that raping kids is somehow the liberating healthy expression of the sexual instincts. The healthy fulfillment of the sexual instincts is engagement with peers of the opposite sex leading to a happy marriage or something. I don't know how you would even confuse this.... And sexual selection is the most powerful force in evolution...
    Sex with kids doesn't even produce offspring since they aren't fertile or even remotely ready for that.

Read this part, it answers some of what you just said:
    "The real Christian philosophy on this is that the law - the repressive aspect of society - leads to inherent conflicts with the animal instinct, and derails the instinct. You can't escape society, the law, or the inherent repression, but you can work to free yourself from it in degrees, and not worsen it through casual disregard. But ultimately liberation in Christianity occurs on the level of the spirit. So your dilemma is a false one - if a person is wrong in their spirit, but merely claiming abdication of responsibility in a convenient, exploitative way, then they have not been liberated. Infact I think they've committed the crime against the Holy spirit if they're doing that, so..."

So what distinguishes this is whether the person genuinely is trying to rectify things or not. And it is often the case that people would like to, but don't know how, or don't understand themselves well enough to do it, or lack control over their lives to arrange their life favorably, or any number of other things. On the other hand you do have people merely exploiting others for their own benefit, including some child rapists and others. But what you are describing is not a mainstream Christian belief, keep trying.
    Last edited by DogOfDanger; 09-24-2022 at 09:57 PM.