Thread: Member Questionnaire (dragonoir)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (dragonoir)

Member Questionnaire 1 (dragonoir)
    What is beauty? What is love?
    beauty is determined by culture and by physical traits most people find attractive. love is created by an increase of various chemicals in the brain, such as dopamine, norepinephrine, serotonin, and oxytocin.
    What are your most important values?
    honesty and truth. not tricking or misleading others. speaking directly with little ambiguity. decreasing or controlling emotional outbursts. no physical harm.
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    no, I have never been a believer in any religion. I can't comprehend following a leader who cannot be seen or heard. however, I am respectful of all religions.
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    I don't have much of an opinion since it's not my area of interest. power is a tool used for control. I am neutral about these topics.
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    when I speak to my friends, our conversations run on for hours, because we are comfortable with both maintaining and shifting topics. whichever is more interesting. we can talk about anything. I love to hear about their fixations. my interests revolve around learning (in general) and finding out how people and the world work, since it has always been foreign to me. besides that, I like to read books and comics.
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    I tend to avoid these topics unless I absolutely must. I don't pay much attention to my body, since I'd rather focus on mentally stimulating activities, but I stay on top of hygiene.
    What do you think of daily chores?
    there's not much of a choice with them. they must get done or else other (more important) routines will quickly fall apart. without a routine, I'll become unstable in daily matters, so it's best to avoid that.
    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    I tend to appreciate the fantasy-adventure genres. it's nice to get away from the world and absorb myself into a world similar yet different to our own, which satisfies my "what if" and "what could be" thoughts. since I typically stay in one place, adventure genres let me mentally explore when I physically cannot.
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    character deaths, chaotic or loud environments, broken routines, unexpected changes, and worrying about my friends are things that have made me cry. these, to me, are high stressors, and I don't handle stress well. hearing my friends talk, jokes, completing tasks, and getting high grades have made me smile. these activities decrease stress and provide a sense of accomplishment or joy.
    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    spacious places with little to no people put me at ease the most. while this is found easiest in nature, it's best when I get to be alone at a place that typically has lots of people walking through it. I believe the latter is referred to as "kenopsia". these environments allow me to free my mind and thus feel comforted.
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    my biggest weaknesses lie in detecting hidden motives or messages, since I cannot physically "see" it. I am also prone to not doing things if I see no purpose in them, which can be considered lazy. I lose track of time easily, and I'm very poor at taking care of others, especially their emotional needs. while I can detect others emotions, I won't know how to react, so I usually won't react at all. I am also very conflict-avoidant, to the point of not speaking if it may cause strife. all of these hamper my ability to connect with others, so I dislike them about myself as well.
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    I've been complimented on my knowledge and problem solving skills, patience, attention to detail, adaptability, creativity, seeing things from a "different perspective", maturity, and pretty much every adjective for "uniqueness". i like my curiosity, drive for learning and my memory. with these qualities, I've never had to study to keep an A.
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I need the most help in communication and planning. my goals are usually far into the future, so someone who can map out the individual steps for me to take here and now is necessary. as for communication, I lack the understanding of "nuance" and am avoidant of others. a social person with solid communication skills would help greatly.
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    when I lose motivation, break a routine, or become emotional, these cause me to feel "stuck". my reaction is usually to wait until it passes, or to keep working despite a temporary decrease in quality.
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I value people who are driven, kind, and open minded, who like to share their knowledge and ideas. I appreciate people who can teach me. I dislike people who are immoral, dishonest, temperamental, and cheat their way through life. I get along with most types, most notably IEE. they are quite diverse, friendly, and open minded.
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    I am detached from this topic, and I feel no need to pursue it. in a partner, I'd appreciate someone who can help my weaknesses, make me laugh, enjoy hugs, can cook, and would make sure I leave the house.
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    while I do not want children, it is just as important to take care of their emotional needs as it is to care for them physically. emotional neglect is prevalent where I live. it is also necessary to teach children important life skills, social skills, perseverance, and strong work ethic. foster their talents and interests, make sure they're being challenged in school.
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    my inward reaction is confusion, and my outward reaction is curiosity. I ask them their reasoning for my mental clarity. I respect their opinion and move on.
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    avoidance and a sense of unease. most people feel foreign to me. rather than connection, there is a sense of detachment. part of my drive to understand others is in hope of increasing a feeling of connection. one prevalent societal issue is the comfort people feel with staying close minded. it is best to learn about all walks of life to make an effective change that helps everyone, not just a small group of people.
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I befriend those who stand out to me most, are approachable, and treat me well. I am able to speak my mind freely around my friends without worrying about the potential for conflict (and vice versa). we appreciate joking around with each other too.
    How do you behave around strangers?
    I've been told I'm unapproachable. I don't like to get involved with strangers, but will lend a helping hand if it's needed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh. my apologies. I didn't know it would start a new thread. please delete this if it's in the wrong place.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A typing video is better than self-reported questionnaires.