Thread: Will the left and right wings ever attempt to reconcile?

Threaded View

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Will the left and right wings ever attempt to reconcile?

The USA is a very divided country... and so is the world, really.
    The left and right wings talk about progress, but what we have is gridlock and dysfunction. Increasingly the USA and other nations are becoming authoritarian. The sides blame one another... but I see neither make hardly any effort at finding middle ground. Meanwhile, humanity ever making any progress relies on these people working together toward some shared goal.
    At one point in time... about 60 years ago, this did occur. Democrats and Republicans got along. But now all we have are toddlers that cannot pull their heads out of their own asses.

When I think about it the two sides are not so different in a few key ways:

-both are very concerned with the broader social welfare (overly concerned)
    -both are very prone to tribalism
    -both see themselves as leaders
    -both believe the ends justify the means
    -anything else?

So here is a thread dedicated to the idea that you, as people affiliating yourselves with politics, must learn to cooperate with those that have opposing views.
    How do you even behave in such a thread...? Probably, for many of you, you've never done this in your lives, or even attempted to.

1) Post something in this thread you agree with the party you do not most identify with about
    2) Post a criticism of your preferred party. Point out their dysfunctional, asinine behavior
    3) Name something you think the two sides could actually cooperate on and accomplish

I wonder how many people here will respond... I wonder which party will most respond?
    Last edited by DogOfDanger; 08-16-2022 at 01:39 AM.