Thread: Do you think socionics proves the existence of God and intelligent design?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    \

Interesting...
    Gnosticism.

With regard to the question in the OP, it depends on what you mean by "proof." Mainline Christianity, as advocated by Iranaeus, posits that God can be known through faith alone. Gnosticism, on the other hand, posits that God can be known through direct experience. Jung, in particular, explored the unconscious realm, and with reference to thinkers like Meister Eckhart, considered God to be analogous with an unconscious force. Like mainline Christians who consider God to be infinite, Jung considered the unconscious to be infinite. "As above, so below", as it were.

That said, I think that while theological premises don't necessarily follow from Socionics because Socionics concerns Jung's functions and information metabolism, Socionics may act as a gateway toward exploring questions of universal consciousness, psychic realities, etc. And I have read at least one website that leaves "information metabolism" up to a very objective interpretation, meaning that it seemed to consider certain forms of information as "objective", external to the self, like a metanarrative claiming a sort of universal consciousness.
    Last edited by ILoveChinchillas; 07-30-2022 at 01:02 PM.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    Gnosticism.

With regard to the question in the OP, it depends on what you mean by "proof." Mainline Christianity, as advocated by Iranaeus, posits that God can be known through faith alone. Gnosticism, on the other hand, posits that God can be known through direct experience. Jung, in particular, explored the unconscious realm, and with reference to thinkers like Meister Eckhart, considered God to be analogous with an unconscious force. Like mainline Christians who consider God to be infinite, Jung considered the unconscious to be infinite. "As above, so below", as it were.

That said, I think that while theological premises don't necessarily follow from Socionics because Socionics concerns Jung's functions and information metabolism, Socionics may act as a gateway toward exploring questions of universal consciousness, psychic realities, etc. And I have read at least one website that leaves "information metabolism" up to a very objective interpretation, meaning that it seemed to consider certain forms of information as "objective", external to the self, like a metanarrative claiming a sort of universal consciousness.
    Fucking awesome reply
    Man grows used to everything, the scoundrel!

-Raskolnikov