Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
"Asking them nicely" is not what was suggested, and hostilities with Iran and Venezuela are something that the US could easily work to change, if it had any interest in that.
Was referring to China's zero-covid policies wrt supply shocks, and "asking them nicely" is what he suggests here: "Or it might involve asking our trade partners in East Asia to relax their zero-COVID policies to reduce interruptions in production. The federal government won’t do these things, because it is loathe to admit to Venezuela, Iran, China, and other countries that it needs their help."

The article gave examples of states using their oil wealth for the public good. These models are successful; the suggestion was to consider emulating them.
Right, and I asked if nationalizing the fossil fuel industry would be the best policy for making gas cheaper for Americans.

Who exactly do you think should create these new industries? Why aren't they doing that now?
I don't understand this question.

I don't know what your point is, and secondly the country in a spiral of terminal decline; what Congress does "all the time" is part of that process.
The CBO is not congress. My point is that the blogger is grasping at straws here: "So, it papers over its dysfunction by measuring spending in decades rather than in years, by sticking that extra zero on the end of every number. Seven hundred billion sounds much better than seventy billion. It almost sounds like somebody’s doing something".