Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Test for type in light of: Socionics - A Bloody Mess

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    The system depends on people making decision.
    That is not what I ment ... the system can not be inflexible and be totally accurate all the time. A test needs stability and flexibility, you need a balance between the two.

One way I think the test could be improved, is if you do not place so much emphasis on the correct ordering of the functions within a block. I have reason to believe that all typology test that attempt to do this often give people the wrong type. I am clearly not an INTj, but every typology test I have ever taken that was made by someone else has tried telling me I am an INTj. I am without a doubt actually ENTp ...

I think your test would have a higher accuracy rating if you made it to where it could determine a persons type by pairs of type with the first two functions switched.

Like, instead of trying to determine if someone is ENTp or INTj ... instead try to determine if someone is either ENTp/INTj or ENTj/INTp ...

That way you can avoid the bad tendency of typology test to mistype people by misordering the primary and secondary functions.

Do you understand what I am getting at?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And when you have finally arrived at atleast two types regardless of functional order within the block, you have them read both type descriptions and let the person decide for his or her self which one fits them better. Order of functions is just not something you can accuratelly test for with pencil and paper or on-line.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I did what you are saying I would probably come out as ENTp. But I know that I am introverted and my is weakest.

I still think you are INTj because your F should be weaker than S - but this is not so.

Before you were not sure if you were ENTp, but then you say that you are without a doubt ENTp.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also in my test which orders the first and second function, it relates to subtype. So if I get I-NT-FS, that means I am INTj with intuitive subtype.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123