Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Test for type in light of: Socionics - A Bloody Mess

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pedro (Jacob):

Firstly, we are talking about the current test, not previous tests.

I can tell you straight that nobody knows the overall success of this test as well as me. :wink:

As for Admin and Curious Soul, let them speak for themselves. :wink:

In addition, I'd like to see you come up with something better. All you seem to do is criticize more than anything else.

Lastly Pedro, I think you have an issue of jealousy. :wink: This may be the reason for your antagonism towards me.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    I actually like and admire Hugo's test, I just wish I can understand how to figure out types with them.
    I think I understand what you mean now.

Do you mean that the test works for you - however, you don't understand how it works?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like I said in pm i just think you are basing these tests on short overly stereotyped ideas so I don't like them.

The way rcmnew writes his is better because though each question is short the total overview is like an auto-correct for marginal discrepancies.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't please everyone. Right? :wink:

The thing that matters most is:

Does the test work?

I can confidently say YES.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    I am INTj with intuitive subtype. I am definately not extroverted. I do admire ENTj's however. Also you are not the first person to have thought that I am ENTj on this forum.

You and Transigent, both ENTps have had problems with this test. However, nobody else has raised an issue. I have been getting great feedback.

I just don't get why you and Transigent don't understand the test.
    hm ^.^... every tried matching yourself against the INTp intuitive subtype? Regardless of the fact the last word about one's type should come from pure introspection, relationships and degree of understanding from "rather bad with entp's" and "fine with inxj's" may fit more the relationships of Contrary, Quasi-Identical and Benefit >.>.... what you think >.>? From the comparison... an ENTj's way of thinking isn't -that- far from that of an INTp in essence, they share functions, on full reverse understanding. And... missing on the J/P question is quite more frequent than doing so on the I/E one <.<...
    Balzac

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am more influenced by my emotions (F) than by my surroundings (S). Therefore I am a rational type.

In addition I am inventive and have characteristics of an ENTp, although I am not extroverted.

INTp's are sceptical of new ideas. I logically challenge new ideas, but on the other hand, I generate new ideas. After challenging an idea, I accept it or reject it.

I am INTj with intuitive subtype:

Analyst Conceptor
    Analyst - good scientist -conceptualist, primary attention gives to the global issues, the generator of ideas.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am more influenced by my emotions (F) than by my surroundings (S). Therefore I am a rational type.

In addition I am inventive and have characteristics of an ENTp, although I am not extroverted.

INTp's are sceptical of new ideas. I logically challenge new ideas, but on the other hand, I generate new ideas. After challenging an idea, I accept it or reject it.

I am INTj with intuitive subtype:

Analyst Conceptor
    Analyst - good scientist -conceptualist, primary attention gives to the global issues, the generator of ideas.

Hugo, this sort of makes me wonder whether I am ENTp or INTj now since you brought this up.

The only thing that I think would make me an ENTp concerning this is the fact that I have problems understanding something that seems very simplified and everything I produce has to be hugh and encompas every detail of everything.

Like for example, my typology test is over 300 questions with poor visual quality and very amplified; whereas your typology test normally consist of about a dozen questions, which are neat and qualitative and very simplified.

So, it just makes me wonder ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I even started a new thread over whether I am more ENTp or INTj again ...

oldforumlinkviewtopic.php?t=789

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear R McNew,

To know if you are p or j, ask yourself whether you are more influenced by your emotions or more influenced by your surroundings.

If more by your emotions, you are j type.

If more by your surroundings, you are p type.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I go more by feelings than surroundings ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are influenced more by your emotions than by your surrounding, then that would mean you are a j type.

Perhaps you are INTj or ENTj.

Look at the socionics moods for both to see which describes you best.

ENTj - Unbridled optimism; like movement; energetic; opportunistic; like to test limits.
    INTj - Detached critical analysis; clear and independent thought and worldviews; appearance of self-control.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are influenced more by your emotions than by your surrounding, then that would mean you are a j type.

Perhaps you are INTj or ENTj.

Look at the socionics moods for both to see which describes you best.

ENTj - Unbridled optimism; like movement; energetic; opportunistic; like to test limits.
    INTj - Detached critical analysis; clear and independent thought and worldviews; appearance of self-control.
    I can not be ENTj because I have very weak , but I can be ENFj ...

My three options are INTj, ENTp, or ENFj ...

I think I only "appear" ENFj because of my unconscious psychological ability to act like an ENFj through having as a hidden agenda.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, let's see here...

 I am influenced by possibilities. (N)
     I am influenced by my surroundings. (S)
     I am influenced by logical reasons. (T)
     I am influenced by my emotions. (F)

I am an introvert.

That leaves me with I-NT-SF, or INTp with Intuitive subtype.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I only "appear" ENFj because of my unconscious psychological ability to act like an ENFj through having as a hidden agenda.
    Please put the following sentences in order, starting with the sentence that describes you the best and finishing with the sentence that describes you the worst.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Ok, let's see here...

I am an introvert.

That leaves me with I-NT-SF, or INTp with Intuitive subtype.
    Congratulations on your test result.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please put the following sentences in order, starting with the sentence that describes you the best and finishing with the sentence that describes you the worst.

This is what I believe about myself ... in this order.

 I am influenced by my surroundings. (S) [/b]

N-T-F-S

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This shows you are xNTj with Intuitive subtype.

Now ask yourself which describes you best:
    -I prefer to be firm with people and be treated firmly by people (ENTj)
    -I prefer to be gentle with people and be treated gently by people (INTj)

In light of what you said before, it seems that you are INTj with an Intuitive subtype.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This shows you are xNTj with Intuitive subtype.

Now ask yourself which describes you best:

-I prefer to be firm with people and be treated firmly by people (ENTj)

I guess this means I am INTj by this test ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations.
    I got typed as INTj on the socionics.com type assistant as well ... I have always debated that.

Of course, that does not begin to even explain the numerous ENTp and ENFj tendencies I have or whether the test was successful in ordering the functions in the specific blocks correctly. That is a problem I have with a good majority of the tests out there that do not allow a person to choose the order for themselves, they choose the wrong order sometimes.

I also do not understand this test, so I do not really know actually.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations.
    I got typed as INTj on the socionics.com type assistant as well ... I have always debated that.

Of course, that does not begin to even explain the numerous ENTp and ENFj tendencies I have or whether the test was successful in ordering the functions in the specific blocks correctly. That is a problem I have with a good majority of the tests out there that do not allow a person to choose the order for themselves, they choose the wrong order sometimes.

If you are INTj with Intuitive subtype, that can explain why you may have ENTp tendancies.

When you say you don't understand the test, do you mean that you don't understand how it works?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The article has been updated.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations.

If you are INTj with Intuitive subtype, that can explain why you may have ENTp tendancies.

When you say you don't understand the test, do you mean that you don't understand how it works?
    This may sound stupid, but the test is to simple for me to readily grasp ... I need a system large enough to break down into little chunks so I can rebuild it and absorb the way it was origionally put together.

And, I also may not be truly introverted, either. That is another reason I am debating against INTj. Also, it is hard for me to see myself as INTj because of the expedient "out-of-the-box" extroverted tendencies I am actually very well known for around my friends.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to socionics, being outgoing is not the same as being extroverted.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to socionics, being outgoing is not the same as being extroverted.
    I know, but that was not what I ment ... I feel really bad inside if I am not in a position to be around people and I draw motivation from being around people; that is one of the reasons why I have always debated whether I am really INTj or ENTp, even though I display signs of being either one ...

And also the fact that I can act very very much ENFj, often even more so than ENTp or INTj ... INFp is another alternative, but does not really describe me at all functionalwise.

I think there is actually more evidence that I am actually an ENTp with a strong hidden agenda [hence, my noticable ENFj-like behaviour] than I am an INTj with an intuitive subtype. But, I could be an ENFj with an intuitive subtype that makes me think I could be ENTp ...

I suppose it is possible I am really INTj with intuitive subtype, but it still does not explain my extreemly noticable ENFj tendencies.

Also, I do not believe that many of the typology tests that attempt to determine the order of a person's functions in a block can always be totally accurate. I noticed from looking at the extroversion/introversion test used that both an ENTp and an INTj look for gentleness towards others and to themselves. This seems to indicate to me that I could be one or the other, and going back, the reasoning used to determine that I was a J involved the usage of emotions and whether I was more influenced by my emotions or by my surroundings. However, I choose that questions because of my ENFj type tendencies, which could really have come in result of for a hidden agenda or foundational function.

So, the question is once more: am I INTj, ENTp, or ENFJ ?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you are INTj with intuitive subtype. I can't say more than this. Sorry.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Article has been updated.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose it is possible I am really INTj with intuitive subtype, but it still does not explain my extreemly noticable ENFj tendencies.
    Why not? I think it has to do with the dual-seeking function. It happened to me.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Why not? I think it has to do with the dual-seeking function. It happened to me.
    I act more like an ENFj than I do an INTj. Heck, I act more like an ENFj than I do ENTp ... and this is considering my roommate in college was INTj and there was a marked difference between the two of us. Same thing with people I know who are INTps, there is just something that does not seem right with those types and me.

My family thinks I am ENFj, but I have always defended ENTp ... even the type description I wrote about myself sounds ENFjish and the way I dress sounds ENFjish. I do not know how I am going to get around that, even though I have always fluffed the thought off for so long.

I even converted my last test results into the new format I just made for the type test. I am so ENFj it is rediculous.

http://socionics.wsphere.com/cgi-bin...147856448.html

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, my point in this thread was that I (and others) noticed a weak Si and Fe. People were trying to debate if pointing out your Si and Fe made you more of an ENTP or INTP. You may not want to hear this, but I don't think you have a stong Fe function. What you wrote seemed to be the result of a weak Fe and you were almost afraid to admit it and you WANT Fe to be a strong function for you. Just because a certain function is considered "weak" doesn't mean you don't care about it. Actually, I think you can even care about it more. Think of it this way: ISTPs are sometimes considered the most touchy and sensitive types. Do you think they are sensitive becasue they don't care what people think about them and want to be alone? Of course not. They are touchy because their brain is wired to react that way because they have a difficult time dealing with Fe.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I am probably an ENTp in disguise again ... figures.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stop it, this is absolutely absurd; you're NOT an INTj.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nor is he ENFJ/INFP. I'm pretty certian he is xNTP, but I don't have time now and will comment on it later.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    Stop it, this is absolutely absurd; you're NOT an INTj.
    I know ... I am not an INTj and definatelly not INTp.

I act and dress like a flipping ENFj, but if I have weak and , then I must be ENTp ... But, why do I act like an ENFj to the point to where even the people closest to me think I am probably ENFj, except that they all do not seem to think that I care about myself or others at all? I guess I must be ENTp ...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You must be.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    You must be.
    And I suppose I am psychologically trying to disguise myself with and behaviour, even though I am actually noticably weak and unconviencing in my compulsive manifestation of both functions.

All because I am trying to cover my vulnerable and ?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hugo, I think your test works, except when it comes to ordering the first and second functions. I think it is a flawed approach to have a non-human system try to do that for people.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hugo, I think your test works, except when it comes to ordering the first and second functions. I think it is a flawed approach to have a non-human system try to do that for people.
    What do you mean by a non-human system?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean by a non-human system?
    A system that is designed to think and type people that is non-human and intended to make all of the decisions. I just do not think a system is capable of doing that and being completely accurate 100% of the time.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The system depends on people making decision.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast