Quote Originally Posted by crazymaisy View Post
Listens whenever I need him to but ... gives space .... doesn't sound right.

My SEE inattentive out side the house ... so it's not all the time since we live in the same house.

Concerts are good outside events to be invisible at, because I control which ones we go to, and that means I love the music so there's that for me to benefit from, though stupid covid ruined that overall.

I couldn't go to a sporting event and stand to be invisible there. Anxiety to become a microscopic organism or implode, is just exactly like being in a concert venue, suffering through Tedeschi Trucks band in 2013 waiting for The Black Crows to come on and TT kept playing more and more songs .... OMG it was so long and miserable.

Seeing The Black Crows in 2021 was great, Dirty Honey opened for them, and it was incredible, I was being ignored, which for me was "You are missing this great band!" I like to see him happy, and he's happiest doing his way. I am happy seeing great music that I like. It's ILI and SEE that have this phenomenon which is why @two is not ILI. As it goes, having another friend to go to concerts with would be great. I just don't have any other friends.
Otoh you are a whole ass adult w three (plus?) kids and it’s probably good you’re getting practice not killing yourself just from having to stand around listening to a band you don’t like