Thread: How do you deal with self-hatred?

Threaded View

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lioness View Post
    I think for people who are well meaning it can help to think of yourself from a 3rd person view, as if you are a friend of yours. Think thoughts you'd think toward yourself if you were one of your friends and loved ones. Keep it genuine. I don't believe in going "I am smart and confident and etc" ehen you dont believe it. I believe in just starting with the positives you DO see in yourself. Habitually seek them out and the amount you see will grow. I think that's what self-acceptance/love is, it's partly accepting yourself with faults/warts and all. I am not really a funny person, but I have a good heart toward those who are in my care. I am not always the most patient person, but I know how to get things done. Instead of self-hatred, you see this flawed, imperfect, beautiful person that is you.
    what if I hate myself for superficial reasons like being ugly and not being able to attract a woman? I don’t value being a nice, gentle man with good intentions that much to be honest and don't think I ever will
    Last edited by Averroes; 09-24-2022 at 12:01 AM.