Thread: xLEs and Fe

TIM
    SLE-NC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default xLEs and Fe

So we've established I'm an SLE-NC, with the Creative dual subtype thing intriguing me the most about my typing.

Anyways, so the Creative subtype has accentuated Fe and Ne with Se (EI + F) according to G. Personally, I think I use Fe a lot. Maybe it's because I'm aggressively social when I want to be and have been described multiple times as 'expressive'. Unless I'm around others, I'm not really that emotional but since I usually am, maybe that's why I notice so much Fe. I think me being a woman influences this a lot too - I've been told to fix my tone and face so may times. Even though I'm always calm, whenever I feel passionate about anything, I've always got the body language and facial expressions there. That's why I did debate EIE for myself and still have some questions.

SLE: 'SLEs tend to highly value vibrant emotional environments in which they can freely interact and be themselves, without incurring moral judgment or inflaming their natural emotional guard. They, however, are usually minimally proficient at providing an emotional impetus to relieve atmospheres which they perceive as overly dull. SLEs who try to exert their influence on the emotional atmosphere may not get the desired emotional response and may feel offended or as though they have little control over the situation. In unfamiliar situations, they may feel the need to maintain their emotional guard and can appear unfriendly, brusque, unwelcoming, or insensitive. This can detrimentally lead to further group antagonism and estrange the SLE from others.

SLEs are most comfortable in dynamic environments in which they are able to let loose and not worry about guarding themselves emotionally. They interact most freely with people skilled at creating these open-ended types of emotional environments, who have little interest in moral judgments external to the general mood or expression, and who react tactfully and non-critically. They also especially are inclined towards large group environments with a common shared goal, which they can use as a basis for amicable interaction. Environments of this sort can bring out the inner expression and purpose of SLEs, and can serve as an emotional release.'
    I definitely relate to the second paragraph. I think I get that with my martial arts group. The group is so big and there are few things that are off limits with our humour and conversation topics. You get the joy of the sports, the parties and the other social events without too much emphasis on me as an individual. I don't like moral judgement on my statements and I rarely make moral arguments that don't involve detached logic. I like to show up, crack a few jokes, have a debate or two, pour a few drinks and then dip.

ILE: 'Enjoy lively, animated and fun interaction with people, but tend to be unemotional when left on their own. However, he is not inclined to create this atmosphere himself but can create situations where there is a good chance that others will take the emotional initiative and create a fun and emotionally stimulating atmosphere. Failure at such attempts are met with dismay, which the individual either hides or reacts to with frustration and annoyance.'
    This sounds like me too. I throw (or used to pre-COVID) parties, provide a few drinks and music and let the guests do the rest. On my own, I don't see why I would be emotional? Unless for whatever reason, I'm really distressed over something or have a lasting buzz from being out somewhere. Do people normally sit around feeling emotional?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Malandro View Post
    On my own, I don't see why I would be emotional? Unless for whatever reason, I'm really distressed over something or have a lasting buzz from being out somewhere. Do people normally sit around feeling emotional?
    I think I have had moments when I have laughed hours on end on my own. Many times it feels like I could climb on walls. When I walk alone and some people have seen me they ask me why I'm so happy afterwards. Most certainly I'm not happy all the time - I can be very opposite of those things too what I just described earlier.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

imo from what I’ve noticed. SLE’s can be pretty good at Fe if they are in a good mood

if not in a good mood, it’s kinda like watch out if you don’t want to die and keep your mouth shut, from the other end
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    imo from what I’ve noticed. SLE’s can be pretty good at Fe if they are in a good mood

if not in a good mood, it’s kinda like watch out if you don’t want to die and keep your mouth shut, from the other end
    Your “mouth from the other end”? Shut your butthole?
    how to enlarge your dragon, click here

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    get ready to get cucked
    Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    got this Socionics stuff caught by the balls

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

From what I've seen it lacks dynamism. Usually very discrete moments in time then it falls flat. Typical for statics when it comes to the launcher function (dynamics probably lack sharpness around it).
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SLE-NC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Miasma View Post
    I think I have had moments when I have laughed hours on end on my own. Many times it feels like I could climb on walls. When I walk alone and some people have seen me they ask me why I'm so happy afterwards. Most certainly I'm not happy all the time - I can be very opposite of those things too what I just described earlier.

Does something external normally trigger your emotionality or do you find it just fluctuates naturally?

TIM
    SLE-NC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post

When I’m not in a good mood, it’s less that I’m actually mad or pissed off but I won’t engage with people the same way for a while unless something triggers a good mood again. Even with environments I enjoy, I’ll be a bit more low-key and crass than usual.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Malandro View Post
    Does something external normally trigger your emotionality or do you find it just fluctuates naturally?
    My own thoughts or triggers. I seem to be pretty reactive to my own imagination. My state seems to stay the same for hours unless there is a significant disruption.

It is slow to make huge changes (rational way of being). While it looks like I go through lots of motions (according to comments) the state is pretty constant overall. I prefer psyche myself for advance.

For example when I received my conclusions it made me think lots of things and I remained like that for several days.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ESTp 7w8
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ESTp Fe may give the impression of having an agenda. It may be viewed as charming but not trustworthy, if that makes sense. I'm sure it may give a sales person or player vibe. Some people like that, others greatly do not (ESFps and several intuitive types hate my Se/Fe).