Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool The Masterminds of Extremism

You'll see a woman
    Hanging upside down (ooh, ooh)
    Her features covered by her fallen gown (ooh, ooh)
    And all the lousy little poets
    Coming round
    Tryin' to sound like Charlie Manson
    Yeah, the white man dancin'

...Of course, white bois can't dance, but that's another issue.

DAVID MYATT

David Wulstan Myatt[4] (born 1950), formerly known as Abdul-Aziz ibn Myatt[5] and Abdul al-Qari,[6] is a British author, religious leader, far-right and Islamist militant,[1][2][3] most notable for allegedly being the political and religious leader of the theistic Satanist organization Order of Nine Angles (ONA) from 1974 onwards.[1][2][3] He is also the founder of Numinous Way,[7][8][9] a former Muslim,[9] and a former Neo-Nazi.[citation needed] Since 2010, Myatt has written extensively about his rejection of his extremist past and about his rejection of extremism in general.[citation needed] Myatt has translated works of ancient Greek literature, translated and written a commentary on the Greek text of eight tractates of the Corpus Hermeticum, and written several collections of poems. In 2017 he embarked on the task of translating and writing a commentary on the Gospel of John and has so far publicly made available chapters 1-4.[10]

Supposedly little Ibn Myatt here has changed his mind, but nope. Compare this O9A glossary to the language he uses now:

o9a-glossary-v5b

You see that the same guy is telling people to join all the violent extremist groups. Violent extremist groups simply don't have much of an ideology besides violence. However, there is something I see as an ideology underneath that: human inferiorty, trying to make humans bow to the "dark gods" and insulting human reason. You can go to space and do all that at last! But not by the powers of human reason given by God (or metaphorical God,) and you can only learn not by rationality but by degrading yourself ("pathei mathos.")

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things are going to slide, slide in all directions
    Won't be nothing (won't be nothing)
    Nothing you can measure anymore
    The blizzard, the blizzard of the world
    Has crossed the threshold
    And it's overturned
    The order of the soul

MICHEL FOUCAULT

Paul-Michel Foucault (UK: /ˈfuːkoʊ/, US: /fuːˈkoʊ/;[8] French: [pɔl miʃɛl fuko]; 15 October 1926 – 25 June 1984) was a French philosopher, historian of ideas, writer, political activist, and literary critic. Foucault's theories primarily address the relationship between power and knowledge, and how they are used as a form of social control through societal institutions. Though often cited as a structuralist and postmodernist, Foucault rejected these labels.[9] His thought has influenced academics, especially those working in communication studies, anthropology, psychology, sociology, criminology, cultural studies, literary theory, feminism, Marxism and critical theory.

CHOMSKY:
    Yeah, but surely you believe that your role in the war is a just role, that you are fighting a just war, to bring in a concept from another domain. And that, I think, is important. If you thought that you were fighting an unjust war, you couldn’t follow that line of reasoning.
    I would like to slightly reformulate what you said. It seems to me that the difference isn’t between legality and ideal justice; it’s rather between legality and better justice.
    I would agree that we are certainly in no position to create a system of ideal justice, just as we are in no position to create an ideal society in our minds. We don’t know enough and we’re too limited and too biased and all sorts of other things. But we are in a position-and we must act as sensitive and responsible human beings in that position to imagine and move towards the creation of a better society and also a better system of justice. Now this better system will certainly have its defects. But if one compares the better system with the existing system, without being confused into thinking that our better system is the ideal system, we can then argue, I think, as follows :
    The concept of legality and the concept of justice are not identical; they’re not entirely distinct either. Insofar as legality incorporates justice in this sense of better justice, referring to a better society, then we should follow and obey the law, and force the state to obey the law and force the great corporations to obey the law, and force the police to obey the law, if we have the power to do so.
    Of course, in those areas where the legal system happens to represent not better justice, but rather the techniques of oppression that have been codified in a particular autocratic system, well, then a reasonable human being should disregard and oppose them, at least in principle; he may not, for some reason, do it in fact.

FOUCAULT:
    But I would merely like to reply to your first sentence, in which you said that if you didn’t consider the war you make against the police to be just, you wouldn’t make it.
    I would like to reply to you in terms of Spinoza and say that the proletariat doesn’t wage war against the ruling class because it considers such a war to be just. The proletariat makes war with the ruling class because, for the first time in history, it wants to take power. And because it will overthrow the power of the ruling class it considers such a war to be just.

CHOMSKY:
    Yeah, I don’t agree.

Human Nature: Justice versus Power ("The Chomsky-Foucault Debates")

Doctor of Socionics First Class Socionics Is Not A Cult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics has Foucault to do with extremism.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give me absolute control
    Over every living soul
    And lie beside me, baby
    That's an order

Give me crack and anal sex
    Take the only tree that's left
    Stuff it up the hole
    In your culture

DANIEL EVERETT

Daniel Leonard Everett (born 26 July 1951) is an American linguist and author best known for his study of the Amazon Basin's Pirahă people and their language.
    Everett is currently Trustee Professor of Cognitive Sciences at Bentley University in Waltham, Massachusetts. From July 1, 2010 to June 30, 2018, Everett served as Dean of Arts and Sciences at Bentley. Prior to Bentley University, Everett was chair of the Department of Languages, Literatures and Cultures at Illinois State University in Normal, Illinois. He has taught at the University of Manchester and the University of Campinas and is former chair of the Linguistics Department of the University of Pittsburgh.

"The Pirahăs made me question concepts of truth that I had long adhered to and lived by. The questioning of my faith in God, coupled with life among the Pirahăs, led me to question what is perhaps and even more fundamental component of modern thought, the concept of truth itself. Indeed, I decided that I had lived under a delusion–the delusion of truth. God and truth are two sides of the same coin. Life and mental well-being and hindered by both, at least if the Pirahăs are right." — Daniel Everett, Don't Sleep, There are Snakes, pg. 273

"'Look! There he is, Xigagaí, the spirit.'
    'Yes, I can see him. He is threatening us.'
    'Everybody, come see Xigagaí! Quickly! He is on the beach!'
    " — Daniel Everett, Don't Sleep, There are Snakes, pg. xv

"The Pirahŕs have no way of knowing that Westerners expect to live nearly twice as long as they do. And we not only expect to live longer, we consider it our right to do so. Americans in particular lack the Pirahă's stoicism. It isn't that the Pirahăs are indifferent to death. A Pirahă father would paddle for days for help if he thought he could save a child. I have been awakened in the middle of the night by Pirahă men with desperate looks asking me to come right away to help a sick child or a sick spouse. The main and concern on their faces are as deep as any I have ever seen. But I have never seen a Pirahă act as though the rest of the world had a duty to help him in his need or that it was necessary to suspend normal daily activities just because someone is sick or dying. [Emphasis mine.] This is not callousness. This is practicality. I had not learned this yet, though." — Daniel Everett, Don't Sleep, There are Snakes, pg. 58-59

"The Pirahăs have shown me that there is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile. I have learned these things from the Pirahăs, and I will be grateful to them as long as I live." — Daniel Everett, Don't Sleep, There are Snakes, pg. xviii

"As I learned, the Pirahăs change names from time to time, usually when individual Pirahăs trade names with spirits they encounter in the jungle." — Daniel Everett, Don't Sleep, There are Snakes, pg. 9

"The morning after one evening's 'show' an older Pirahă man, Kaaxaói, came to work with on the language. As we were working, he started me by suddenly saying, 'The women are afraid of Jesus. We do not want him.'
    'Why not?' I asked, wondering what had triggered this declaration.
    'Because last night he came to our village and tried to have sex with our women. He chased them around the village, trying to stick his large penis into them.'
    Kaaxaói proceeded to show me with his two hands held far apart how long Jesus's penis was—a good three feet." — Daniel Everett, Don't Sleep, There are Snakes, pg. 269

If the Amazon Jungle really makes people this stupid just when they come to live in it, maybe it's going to be deforested by modern technology and science because as Leibniz and Candide said, we live in the best of all possible worlds.

Don't sleep, there are snakes : Daniel Leonard Everett : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive