Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Do you like Moomins?

When I think of Moomins, I think of Delta Quadra.

TIM
    whatever
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my favorite series as a child

The stories in the Moomins seem warm and cozy, but this series also has something dark and mysterious

and the soundtrack is great

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@one
    They are supposed to be trolls! It's very cute and silly but it was also a coping mechanism for Tove Jansson during the war.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tove Jansson seems EII-C so thats why Moomins have that Delta air around them.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This one is a walking example LSE

This one is ESE

And this one is SLE

And these SEE and ILE

ILI
    I'm so sorry. I didn't realize that a philosopher was living under my bridge
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 05-02-2022 at 09:11 AM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My EII sister loved the Moomins. I thought it was allright, I liked the mysterious parts, how it was basically pretty wholesome and how they defied authorities and orderliness. A lot of the "antagonists" in the original books and comics are stuffy people who set norms on how people should behave and live.
    Yeah, and everyone knows that Moomins are so fat because they eat alot but don't have buttholes, right?

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never watched the tv series. The original novels are the best imo. There's often a special atmosphere, a background feeling, sometimes connected to places. Also mythological themes. Tove was an artist, that's easy to see. I love the illustrations in the novels also.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes
    there's some irony there, though - it's not completely from 'inside' Delta

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just checked it out and it seems boring to me. Kinda Delta Winnie the Pooh-ish? I like the idea of defying bad authority figures though. But it seems to lack this Beta campiness and edge that I like idk. To me wholesomeness is just a veneer used to sell something, I don't mean to knock it or act evil/disrusptive on purpose- it's just obviously 'fake' to me?

I'm currently obsessed with Pokemon now, like Raptor Wizard- but only cuz of the Pokemon Unite game. I was into the classic games a lot as a kid- but I stopped when they got too many Pokemon and they looked too gimmicky and I thought a lot of them were stupid, but it's all I've been thinking about recently LMAO. I just made Ultra Rank the other day yaaaay. (I know that doesn't mean anything, esp. in such a casual style MOBA but I'm proud of myself for sticking through with something this long, okay?)

TIM
    EII 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My god I love Moomin, how crazy that this is a post. Today I received a Moomin hand towel as a gift from a friend who went to Japan :')