TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by None View Post
    @Adam Strange
    Materialistically. People's political views align with their interests, whether it be ideologically or economically. There was another thread where I talked about 'nationalism' and basically say the same thing and not one person addressed the arguments I made. An NT just called me 'wrong' but never substantiated why.
    The NT might be hand-shy. You couldn't get me to shut up about why I thought a person was wrong. My friends used to tell me "leave us the fuck alone and join a debate team"
    Man grows used to everything, the scoundrel!

-Raskolnikov

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@chriscorey
    I don't know about shyness or whatever but in politics there is absolutely no room for pussy-footing. Politics is a form of warfare through other means.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@chriscorey
    I don't know about shyness or whatever but in politics there is absolutely no room for pussy-footing. Politics is a form of warfare through other means.
    Shyness? It was a matter of thinking people just don't want to hear your opinion no matter how logical it is. Then there's people who are so illogical you don't want to bother.

Why waste time?

-Raskolnikov

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@chriscorey
    You can take a look at the thread itself. Apparently the person was an LSI.
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ionalism/page2

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@chriscorey
    By the way, from experience NT types don't engage when they think they are wrong. When they think they are correct they would always engage, no matter how stupid they think the person they're arguing with is. In fact that's basically the whole point of being an NT. Correcting illogical stupidities. It's not a 'waste of time' because they enjoy doing it.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@chriscorey
    By the way, from experience NT types don't engage when they think they are wrong. When they think they are correct they would always engage, no matter how stupid they think the person they're arguing with is. In fact that's basically the whole point of being an NT. Correcting illogical stupidities. It's not a 'waste of time' because they enjoy doing it.
    I used to DEBATE with people all the time when I was younger. I won't anymore if you're making too many logical fallacies for the same reasons I wouldn't argue with a child. I don't feel like debating with anyone these days unless I think I could learn from them, so no, I wouldn't ignore you if I was wrong. I'd keep talking to you. In all honesty some of the smartest people on this forum are not NTs in my opinion.

To argue with you I'd have to assume all the NTs you have experience with are actually NTs. Then I don't have any real statistics on NTs regarding your experience.
    Last edited by chriscorey; 04-25-2022 at 03:47 AM.

-Raskolnikov

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry @chriscorey I believe I have made my point unclear and you have misunderstood.

I meant to say that NTs put an end to the discussion after the solution has been reached AKA not engaging with the discussion anymore. I did not mean to say 'ignore'.

'I wouldn't ignore you if I was wrong. I'd keep talking to you.'
    I know, that is what I said.

When I said '
    In fact that's basically the whole point of being an NT. Correcting illogical stupidities.' it was hyperbole. Obviously the logic would have to be worth engaging in for the NT to enjoy it. Just an an Ni-Fe user wouldn't engage with mediocre art.

Frankly I don't think we are actually making different points here, we have only misunderstood one another. In fact the first response you gave to me which began this exchange I have misread. I would have addressed this sooner but I did not bother to do so I will do it here.

'You couldn't get me to shut up about why I thought a person was wrong.' is what I meant when I said: 'In fact that's basically the whole point of being an NT. Correcting illogical stupidities.' Originally I did not read this understanding that you were AGREEING with me, which is what lead to the response I gave.

Also I did not understand your usage of the metaphor of that individual being 'hand shy' which is why I responded saying 'I don't know anything about shyness'. I searched up what being 'hand shy' is and I still don't understand what it means. I do not have experience with dogs.

I hope I was able to clarify myself in a way which you will find adequate.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry @chriscorey I believe I have made my point unclear and you have misunderstood.

I meant to say that NTs put an end to the discussion after the solution has been reached AKA not engaging with the discussion anymore. I did not mean to say 'ignore'.

'I wouldn't ignore you if I was wrong. I'd keep talking to you.'
    I know, that is what I said.

When I said '
    In fact that's basically the whole point of being an NT. Correcting illogical stupidities.' it was hyperbole. Obviously the logic would have to be worth engaging in for the NT to enjoy it. Just an an Ni-Fe user wouldn't engage with mediocre art.

Frankly I don't think we are actually making different points here, we have only misunderstood one another. In fact the first response you gave to me which began this exchange I have misread. I would have addressed this sooner but I did not bother to do so I will do it here.

'You couldn't get me to shut up about why I thought a person was wrong.' is what I meant when I said: 'In fact that's basically the whole point of being an NT. Correcting illogical stupidities.' Originally I did not read this understanding that you were AGREEING with me, which is what lead to the response I gave.

Also I did not understand your usage of the metaphor of that individual being 'hand shy' which is why I responded saying 'I don't know anything about shyness'. I searched up what being 'hand shy' is and I still don't understand what it means. I do not have experience with dogs.

I hope I was able to clarify myself in a way which you will find adequate.
    Great points. I agree.

I keep not getting your notifications. I just happen to be staring at the newsfeed. I'd have answered you sooner about the latter.

-Raskolnikov