Thread: OSPP Four Temperaments Test

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are the results from the OSPP Four Temperaments Test. The calculated scores for each type are shown below (scores range between 0 to 24).
    Choleric 17
    Melancholic 6
    Sanguine 9
    Phlegmatic 8
    Description of your temperament

Your temperament is choleric. The choleric temperament is fundamentally ambitious and leader-like. They have a lot of aggression, energy, and/or passion, and try to instill it in others. They can dominate people of other temperaments, especially phlegmatic types. Many great charismatic military and political figures were choleric. They like to be in charge of everything. However, cholerics also tend to be either highly disorganized or highly organized. They do not have in-between setups, only one extreme to another. As well as being leader-like and assertive, cholerics also fall into deep and sudden depression. Essentially, they are very much prone to mood swings.

Tbh I don't think I'm a pure Choleric like this. But the only temperament I really do recognise in myself is Choleric yea. It's hard for me to see how I'd relate to Melancholic or Phlegmatic, but I must have some of either one in me, just don't see it too well. Sanguine should've been the lowest score I used to think I was Sanguine as a teenager but I understood since then that my sociability was always really Choleric sociability and not Sanguine, lol. It can be misleading at first.

EDIT: From the other link I related to these four combinations:

THE STRATEGIST
    D-C (Choleric-Melancholy)
    The Choleric-Melancholy combination is driven by two needs. Their primary need is to get results. The secondary need is to do things right. Either need may dominate their behavior depending on the requirements of the situation. When the Choleric and the Melancholy tendencies are combined, it produces a result-oriented, detailed person, who plans and pushes their way through life.

The Choleric-Melancholy is more detail oriented and sensitive than the other Choleric combinations. This combination naturally likes developing a strategy to accomplish a goal.

The Choleric-Melancholy is a result-oriented, detailed person who is not interested in social involvement. They are driven by a strong will to achieve their detailed plan. They can be direct, blunt, and forceful, yet at times show great sensitivity toward others. They can be both domineering and compassionate (they can be a Lion or a Lamb). They are easily annoyed, quickly aroused, but easily calmed.

They like to initiate change. The Choleric-Melancholy likes to solve problems and make decisions and are actually quite capable of doing so. They can usually see a creative solution quickly with a only small amount of information. When committed to accomplishing a goal they are insightful and creative.

They function best when they collect facts and have alone time to think and develop a plan of action. In the process of developing their plan they will ask direct and detailed questions. They prefer work to involvement with people. The Choleric-Melancholy is a frequently occurring combination.

THE TRAINER
    C-D (Melancholy-Choleric)
    The Melancholy-Choleric combination is driven by two temperament needs. The primary temperament need is to do things right. The secondary need is to get results. Either need may dominate behavior depending on the situation.

When the Melancholy and the Choleric natural tendencies are combined, it produces a detail-oriented person who pushes to get results. They have a strong drive to tell others what they know, and what to do. This combination naturally likes to teach or train others what they know.

The Melancholy-Choleric is a systematic and precise thinker. They follow self-imposed, strict procedures in both their business and personal lives. The Melancholy-Choleric has a firm, serious expressions, and they rarely smile.

They not only want to do things right and get results, they strive to figure out what is right. The Melancholy-Choleric is, therefore, more pushy and blunt than the other Melancholy combinations. They can be abrasive and offensive when communicating with others. The Melancholy-Choleric is attentive to details and push to have things done correctly according to their standards. They have high standards for themselves and others. They can be a perfectionist about some things. They will resist change until the reasons are explained, defended, and accepted.

They are sensitive and conscientious. They can behave in a diplomatic manner, except when it comes to deviating from their standards. The Melancholy-Choleric can be too forceful in insisting the right way (or their way) be followed.

They are not socially active, preferring work and privacy to being with people. The Melancholy-Choleric may have some difficulty in relationships because they are not flexible, and they have a brief, direct, sometimes blunt manner of communication.

The Melancholy-Choleric tends to make decisions slowly because of their need to collect and analyze information (several times) until they are sure of the right and best course of action. The Melancholy-Choleric is not a frequently found combination.

THE INSPECTOR
    S-D (Phlegmatic-Choleric)
    The Phlegmatic-Choleric combination is driven by two temperament needs. The primary temperament need is to be accommodating. The secondary need is to get results. Either need may dominate their behavior depending on the situation.

When the Phlegmatic and the Choleric natural tendencies are combined, it produces an accommodating, result-oriented person who is unyielding in their routine, and very determined. The Phlegmatic-Choleric naturally concentrates (like an inspector) on one thing at a time with unbending determination.

The Phlegmatic-Choleric prefers to be with family or a few close friends most of the time. They have an anchored determination to follow their routine or complete a task.

They are accommodating, industrious, and independent (loners). The Phlegmatic-Choleric will have a firm, stoic expression (flat affect) and will rarely smile. They are calm, steady, and persevering. They can be very blunt, stubborn, and sarcastic. They rarely show emotion or affection.

The Phlegmatic-Choleric wants to operate by themselves and set their own pace. Once their mind is made up they will resist any other method of approach. They seek challenging assignments without close supervision. The Phlegmatic-Choleric prefers work of a routine nature rather than involvement with people.

This focused individual brings a deceptively intense approach to the task. Being low-key outwardly, their involvement in a task is not easily observed. They are successful because of their commitment to completing a task. After starting a project, they are tenacious and will fight for their objectives. The Phlegmatic-Choleric is very independent, questioning, and thorough in their approach and will follow through to see the task completed.

The Phlegmatic-Choleric will become sleepy when sitting still after only a few minutes. They are very dependable, routine, and loyal (they change their routine slowly). The Phlegmatic-Choleric is a dispassionate anchor of reality. They need time to warm-up before showing friendliness. The Phlegmatic-Choleric is one of the least frequently found patterns.

THE DIRECTOR
    D-S (Choleric-Phlegmatic)
    The Choleric-Phlegmatic combination is driven by two temperament needs. Their primary need is to get results. The secondary need is to accommodate others. Either need may dominate their behavior depending on the requirements of the situation.

When the Choleric and the Phlegmatic natural tendencies are combined it produces a result-oriented person who is very determined and unemotional when attempting to accomplish a goal.

The Choleric-Phlegmatic is more individualistic and unyielding than the other Choleric combinations. This combination is like a director because they naturally like telling others what to do.

The Choleric-Phlegmatic is naturally a result-oriented, determined, unemotional, and focused individual. They have a strong, stubborn will, and they are independent and very individualistic. They have a firm, stoic expression (flat affect) on their face, and will rarely smile. They are not open, friendly, animated or talkative. They slowly build a few close relationships and will help only those they consider to be their friend.

They are confident and may appear aloof. They want to be in charge because of confidence in their ability to make better decisions. They can be very direct, brief, and blunt when answering questions. They tend to be impatient, especially when instructing others; they dislike weakness in others. It is one of the least frequently found combinations.
    Last edited by seeking it; 02-08-2023 at 11:13 PM.