Hybrid View

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    You should call the NYTimes and tell them to stop writing about how they love the idea of the US getting involved in every conflict that comes along. It would be censoring their speech, but it just might save the world.
    One guy asking the NYT not to do what it does isn't censorship, obviously, not least because the NYT doesn't give a shit what I think. The idea that the world's fate is controlled by people who read the NYT is horrifying though.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    One guy asking the NYT not to do what it does isn't censorship, obviously, not least because the NYT doesn't give a shit what I think. The idea that the world's fate is controlled by people who read the NYT is horrifying though.
    When I was a kid, there were only three national TV networks, and they all said the same thing. "The Vietnam war is good and just." There were no other views in the national press.

Until people started writing in and saying that their policies were wrong.

Sometimes, all it takes is one person to let people know that there are other options than the ones they've been presented with.