Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536 LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,400 of 1440

Thread: The Ukraine Question

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ukraine refugee immigration will lead to a renewed neo-nazi movement in the UK.

I trust Eastern Europeans a little more than white South Africans (which I don't trust at all).
    ἀταραξία

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leckysupport View Post
    Ukraine refugee immigration will lead to a renewed neo-nazi movement in the UK.

I trust Eastern Europeans a little more than white South Africans (which I don't trust at all).
    It's all bankrolled by the FBI in the first place. They're the Nazis.

FBI Bankrolled Publisher of Occult Neo-Nazi Books, Feds Claim (vice.com)

The “Hardcore” Russian Neo-Nazi Group That Calls Ukraine Home - bellingcat

The FBI’s shameful recruitment of Nazi war criminals | Reuters

However, none of them seem particularly committed to the ideology of Nazism. They mostly seem committed to the ideology of being evil and they would be communists if that would lead to more death and suffering. SIEGE prefers Charles Manson over Adolf Hı̇tler.

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a lot of talk that Russia must be opposed in order to maintain international norms; principally, that international aggression should not be tolerated.

That norm, I would argue, had already been repeatedly violated before the invasion of Ukraine (see, for instance, the 2003 invasion of Iraq, among others), and those violations were grudgingly tolerated by the international community. Reversing Russia's course won't erase that history or reset that precedent. And if we grant that Russia has acted both illegally and immorally, then it has in fact been acting fully in line with established norms, not in opposition to them.
    Last edited by xerx; 02-27-2023 at 04:33 AM.

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Russia is jamming GPS satellite communication, eroding Ukraine's ability to leverage precision munitions (JDAMS, which rely entirely on GPS). (1) And that constitutes a major leveling-up of Russian combat power, especially when coupled with Russia's increasing use of its own retrofitted precision munitions (glide bombs), which have been effective at bypassing increasingly diminishing Ukrainian anti-air defences. (2)

The thing is, Russia always had the ability to jam satellite communication. It either didn't use it enough or didn't use it well. The fact is that the Russian army isn't bad; it has, instead, underperformed (and was underdeployed, considering the insufficient size of the initial invasion force) but is clearly capable of reform and recalibration.
    Last edited by xerx; 04-30-2023 at 06:04 AM. Reason: .

TIM
    SCS: SLE sp8w7
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe Ukraine is going to be taken over by Russia either way. The Ukraine-Russia war is just the cold war all over again, I mean why is the US and Uk helping a small country so much? So they can have an excuse to cut ties with Russia, then do some money laundering schemes in Ukraine. Heck the US had started it.

It's not as hard as it seems to understand the global events around us.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, I wish every single ruski child, waifu and babuska is made into a sasiski and sent to combat hunger in Africa. Men will die in Ukraine.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coeruleum Blue View Post
    It's all bankrolled by the FBI in the first place. They're the Nazis.

FBI Bankrolled Publisher of Occult Neo-Nazi Books, Feds Claim (vice.com)

The “Hardcore” Russian Neo-Nazi Group That Calls Ukraine Home - bellingcat

The FBI’s shameful recruitment of Nazi war criminals | Reuters

However, none of them seem particularly committed to the ideology of Nazism. They mostly seem committed to the ideology of being evil and they would be communists if that would lead to more death and suffering. SIEGE prefers Charles Manson over Adolf Hı̇tler.
    You're close to a dark and profound truth that I happened upon years ago and called by name when I did. Gnostic Luciferianism. That is to say the name of the "faith" of our (or at least the Western) ruling elite. You could phrase it in other ways if you're into the occult/Hermeticism, but I think my way puts it best (yes I am kinda doubling up with that title, but some anvils need to be dropped folks).

Here's a good video recommended by an author I admire that spells things out in understandable terms for the "normies" who ain't got time to do a deep dive on the terms I mentioned:

In other words if SIEGE is a given devil of yours and if they think Funny Mustache Man's way was less evil than Charles Manson's way somehow than no wonder they think the latter is a total Chad and the former is a virgin little bitch. Gnosticism. Not even once. Sadly we're all currently ruled over by such people.

To those who think China or Russia are viable alternatives I'd tell you this. Empire is empire. Imperial powers are imperial powers. The French, British, Dutch, etc. all wanted the same things and had no problems with the means. Their only problems were with each other. They all wanted the crown for themselves and merely resented the fact they didn't wear it when they didn't and defended it at all costs from the competition in the event they happened to be the one wearing it.

Crown Xi or Putin emperor of the world and nothing would really change save for the Lingua Franca. Though the momentum of English has been built over two whole dynastic cycles so it's likely going to become a significant part of "Galactic Standard" if ya catch my meaning. Best language to learn for the next century at least . Especially the American variant .

@End, care to share how you define gnosticism and/or gnostic luciferianism?

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is an ongoing debate about whether or not to supply Ukraine with F-16's as opposed to another fighter jet (the Gripen is a leading contender) in order to defend its airspace.

On the one hand, there are lots of F-16's to spare (unlike the Gripen).

On the other hand, F-16's need long and smooth runways, and critics contend that a shorter takeoff aircraft (especially one that can take off from road and makeshift runways, like the Gripen) would be much better.

One of Russia's main problems has been its lack of good drone and satellite reconnaissance, and prior to the massive deployment of loitering munitions, it had been very difficult for it to destroy mobile targets. But if Russia has proven anything to a high degree of consistency, it's that it can devastate very visible and very static targets. And that certainly applies to long runways.

Neither option would be more effective than supplying Ukraine with more GBAD, though, putting aside the question of serious missile shortages.
    Last edited by xerx; 05-18-2023 at 10:22 PM. Reason: fixed spelling

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    You're close to a dark and profound truth that I happened upon years ago and called by name when I did. Gnostic Luciferianism. That is to say the name of the "faith" of our (or at least the Western) ruling elite. You could phrase it in other ways if you're into the occult/Hermeticism, but I think my way puts it best (yes I am kinda doubling up with that title, but some anvils need to be dropped folks).

Here's a good video recommended by an author I admire that spells things out in understandable terms for the "normies" who ain't got time to do a deep dive on the terms I mentioned:

In other words if SIEGE is a given devil of yours and if they think Funny Mustache Man's way was less evil than Charles Manson's way somehow than no wonder they think the latter is a total Chad and the former is a virgin little bitch. Gnosticism. Not even once. Sadly we're all currently ruled over by such people.

To those who think China or Russia are viable alternatives I'd tell you this. Empire is empire. Imperial powers are imperial powers. The French, British, Dutch, etc. all wanted the same things and had no problems with the means. Their only problems were with each other. They all wanted the crown for themselves and merely resented the fact they didn't wear it when they didn't and defended it at all costs from the competition in the event they happened to be the one wearing it.

Crown Xi or Putin emperor of the world and nothing would really change save for the Lingua Franca. Though the momentum of English has been built over two whole dynastic cycles so it's likely going to become a significant part of "Galactic Standard" if ya catch my meaning. Best language to learn for the next century at least . Especially the American variant .
    Not I.

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this war has affirmed anything, it's that defense in modern war is stronger than offense. Using old Soviet-era GBAD, the Ukrainians have been able to hold back the quite excellent Russian air force (technically, its aerospace force, ever since Russia merged its air and space forces).

Russia's Su-34 fighter-bomber is just as good as anything in NATO arsenals, so it isn't a matter of the Russian military being bad.

As for Russia itself, its modern SAM systems (see S-400, S-500, etc.) are even better than its old Soviet ones, and it has one of the best integrated air defence systems in the world.

Given sufficient time and resources, any small country now has a path to full independence (and ought to be taking notes from Ukraine).
    Last edited by xerx; 05-21-2023 at 10:00 AM. Reason: clarification

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn... I expected to hear some truth from Tucker, but not the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. You would expect someone like Jon Stewart to come out and say these things first, but no, it's the conservative, occasionally serious and insightful, (ex) Fox news guy...

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The mainstream media's coverage of Ukraine's current offensive isn't as optimistic as it would have been in 2022. News articles now present a mixed picture of Ukraine's capabilities, and there are more and more reports about Russia's strengths. During 2022, the media would amplify every positive development, however small, and tended to present Ukraine's momentum as basically unstoppable.

My guess is that they're hedging their bets in case this offensive fails to achieve its objectives while simultaneously preparing the American people for that eventuality.

It's worth noting that, earlier this year, top generals said that Ukraine has a low likelihood of reclaiming its territories. The Pentagon has massive intelligence gathering resources at its disposal (not-so-wild guess: the DOD has probably run vast numbers of war simulations via every available machine learning model), so it isn't as though they were engaging in pure speculation.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    The mainstream media's coverage of Ukraine's current offensive isn't as optimistic as it would have been in 2022. News articles now present a mixed picture of Ukraine's capabilities, and there are more and more reports about Russia's strengths. During 2022, the media would amplify every positive development, however small, and tended to present Ukraine's momentum as basically unstoppable.

My guess is that they're hedging their bets in case this offensive fails to achieve its objectives while simultaneously preparing the American people for that eventuality.

It's worth noting that, earlier this year, top generals said that Ukraine has a low likelihood of reclaiming its territories. The Pentagon has massive intelligence gathering resources at its disposal (not-so-wild guess: the DOD has probably run vast numbers of war simulations via every available machine learning model), so it isn't as though they were engaging in pure speculation.
    US Officials Admit They're Literally Just Lying to the Public About Russia

TIM
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's obviously a money laundering scheme that is risking the lives of innocent people.

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's more than that, IMO.

Even normal pro-Ukraine commenters that aren't government-affiliated, acting in good faith, shout down alternative opinions for fear of spreading the contagion of defeatism. It's part of a public relations-inspired culture of opinion management, where politics is about jockeying for the authority to curate the information that is made available to normies, and activists act as public relations experts that are more interested in how the average person is being influenced.

Personally, I doubt that the DoD cares one iota about public opinion. And it isn't likely to be influenced by popular movements of any type, whether in support of the war or against. If our governments haven't escalated fast enough and haven't already won this war, it's either because they can't (because Russia has leverage, because there are material constraints on what weapons can be manufactured or deployed, etc.) or because they don't want to (because there is a bigger game of grand strategy being played).
    Last edited by xerx; 06-14-2023 at 05:02 AM. Reason: a few words

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Park

I love it when MSM do epistemology. Teenagers do the OK sign and they're labeled Nazis, but every fucking photo of Ukrainian soldiers, taken to be released to Western press no less, has them wearing the fucking Sonnenrad or Totenkopf and it's "just because they wear Nazi insignia or venerate Nazis doesn't mean they're Nazis; who can know what's in their heart of hearts? They're probably just nationalists, you see -- and now we'll explain to you how Nazism is inextricably tied with Ukrainian nationalism -- and so if you believe they're Nazis you're just swallowing Russian propaganda, because we really can't know anything -- except, look, they have a Jewish president."

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    @Park

I love it when MSM do epistemology. Teenagers do the OK sign and they're labeled Nazis, but every fucking photo of Ukrainian soldiers, taken to be released to Western press no less, has them wearing the fucking Sonnenrad or Totenkopf and it's "just because they wear Nazi insignia or venerate Nazis doesn't mean they're Nazis; who can know what's in their heart of hearts? They're probably just nationalists, you see -- and now we'll explain to you how Nazism is inextricably tied with Ukrainian nationalism -- and so if you believe they're Nazis you're just swallowing Russian propaganda, because we really can't know anything -- except, look, they have a Jewish president."
    Ah, yes, the not-Nazis covered in Nazi insignia fighting the country of the Jewish president. Mainstream media is 10/10.

It's a conspiracy to make Russians Soviet again. The Soviets did kill more Jews than Hı̇tler ever did after all. It'll be just like the good old days, Americans being less state-owned than the Soviets even if everything America does is state-owned as heck (e.g., NASA, ugly public art installations, public schooling including universities.) And, not a Jew to be seen, oh no. Those dagnab Jews who invented "Judaism" thus giving us "Christianity" and "Islam," if only we were worshipping rocks and trees and stuff instead, we'd be living in the workers' paradise and not thinking about death or much anything else.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ukraine’s Far Right Is Boosting A Pro-Putin Fascist - bellingcat

Italian neo-fascist Franco Freda has published and promoted books by Nazis, written that “[we] only have accounts to settle with the Jewish or Judaized Europe,” was convicted of trying to resurrect Benito Mussolini’s fascist party, was judged to be partly responsible for a 1969 far-right terrorist attack, and last year said that Russian president Vladimir Putin “is a champion of the white race.”
    Published in 1969, Franco Freda’s pamphlet, “The Disintegration of the System” (it is hardly long enough to be called a book), is not difficult to find online in English translation. The work, dense and polemical, proposes that an alliance be formed between far-left and far-right to overthrow the “bourgeois” state by any means necessary. It led to Freda being paradoxically called a “Nazi Maoist” after its publication.
    Apparently, Nazis support Putin, so even if there are lots of Nazis in Ukraine (which there really do seem to be,) Putin isn't invading to remove them.

I think I have to chalk it up to people fetishizing dystopia.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck Bellingcat, they are full of shit. And they are not who they present themselves to be (they are funded by the US government).

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Fuck Bellingcat, they are full of shit. And they are not who they present themselves to be (they are funded by the US government).
    Isn't every journalist full of shit and not who they present themselves to be? So how do we talk about current events without referring to journalists who are liars? Anyone here have any friends fighting for Russia or Ukraine that see what's going on firsthand? Or, probably even better since military combatants are government employees, civilians caught in the crossfire...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, not every journalist (organization) is full of shit and funded my pro-war pro-regime-change governments...

Bellingcat founder himself:

Last edited by Park; 06-14-2023 at 02:39 PM.

TIM
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either way, the ukraine war is just another example of how human nature never changes from its ever repeating past. War doesn't decide who is right, just who is dead. People only care about what happens in Ukraine, but not Syria, Somalia, China(slavery), etc. People are just boasting about this war because it's relevant because Biden is using it as a money machine and reputation shield. Goes to show that people just like to go along with the mainstream narrative, never having consistency in altruism for 'irrelevant' tragedies. It seems that people stand for any but what they actually stand for, that's because it's easier to be like everyone else than to question things and be labeled as crazy or a basement dweller.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

a "cherry" about who opposes to Russians in the current war on Russian borderland since 2014
    about USA-hithleristic occupants and betrayers

it's official medal from USA side since 2022 - "For the defence of borderland"

there are seen elements of: 1) reversed swastics used by hithlerists, 2) USA's NATO

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    No, not every journalist (organization) is full of shit and funded my pro-war pro-regime-change governments...

Bellingcat founder himself:

How trustworthy do you think a Kennedy politician really is? JFK was a closet communist. What else do you think the point of using NASA, PBS, and other government programs to try to demonstrate the superiority of private industry to government programs was? All the opposition to Vietnam also seemed communist to me, as does the opposition to Iraq and Afghanistan.

Also, if Russia isn't communist, why do we have Sol defending Russia and calling its opponents Nazis? Wow, an actual Russian from Russia... defending communism and attacking Ukraine. Seems like Cold War Part 2 to me. I tend not to care too much about either side though. If all the people with Nazi insignias and the people with hammers and sickles blow each other up, they both lose and civilians also lose.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

History repeats itself, in short-term intervals it seems. Important to know what the Ukraine counteroffensive is, and what it is not.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BREAKING: Ukraine forces recapture 5 houses, 2 dogs, and 1 tractor.

https://youtu.be/MlpvaOOSzqo

Skip to 26:46 for the summary.
    Last edited by Park; 06-24-2023 at 12:01 AM.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I came here to post something about the Ukraine situation but then I read the backscroll and realized, to quote Birdie, "What is even reality?!?!?"

The amount of "You plebes have no idea. I am superior and know what is really going on." in this thread... I guess it's fairly harmless, though. Carry on.

To clarify any question on this point: I am not superior and I don't have it all figured out. Or even part of it. Heck, I'm still figuring out how to keep air plants alive. I do have some interesting conversations with my husband about this original thread topic but I'm not sure they're suitable for the current, uh, trajectory here.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is recently just pro-russia shitposting by the usual suspects.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the plebes who haven't reached the passive-aggressive, grandiose snowflake, fake humility stage yet:

Last edited by Park; 07-02-2023 at 10:34 PM.

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's good that someone is bringing up the high level of corruption in Ukraine. We really don't know where all that money is going, and it really could be getting into the hands of gangsters and/or being pocketed by corrupt Ukrainian officials (or even *gasp* corrupt American and NATO officials). It may even be finding itself in the hands of Russia, giving direct material support to Ukraine's enemy.

All that pro-war sentiment, the incessant browbeating directed at war skeptics, has made it difficult to criticize anything about this war let alone hold congressional investigations into how it is being carried out (which would be immediately attacked as concern trolling), even though shedding light on webs of corruption may have actually helped the Ukrainian war effort.

I can't and didn't watch the whole video, so I don't know whether or not he also asks this (and I personally haven't read anything about it from the MSM): Is it even true that all of the $100 billion+ dollars is going directly to Ukraine? Given that Ukraine is receiving existing equipment from NATO warehouses, equipment that deliberately carries as little modern technology as possible in case of capture by Russia, it's worth asking whether or not it really cost $100 billion to arm Ukraine. It's also worth asking whether that money is actually being used to finance American/NATO rearmament instead.
    Last edited by xerx; 07-03-2023 at 04:09 AM. Reason: a few words

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

European territory step by step falls under Hithleristic occupation again. Among aims is big war, same as was before. And antihumanistic changes among people.
    Russia is under the control of capitalistic betrayers and will not stop it. So satanists will be stoped by Armageddon.
    People on European territory have chosen own destiny.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    European territory step by step falls under Hithleristic occupation again. Among aims is big war, same as was before. And antihumanistic changes among people.
    Russia is under the control of capitalistic betrayers and will not stop it. So satanists will be stoped by Armageddon.
    People on European territory have chosen own destiny.
    Are you saying Europeans should be nuked?
    ἀταραξία

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I think that the US is LIE because, in the 1880’s, a lot of LIEs moved to the states from Europe, and the place has been a bastion of cold-hearted efficient self-interest ever since.

Similarly, a country can lose sociotypes if those types move away or cannot prosper or reproduce in adequate numbers to offset the selection process.

That may have occurred in Russia, but I have no proof of that.

My real question is why are countries the way they are? Socionics with Darwinian filters offers one explanation, but there are many other possibilities.
    Ethnic identity is founded on common faith that a group of people have a single origin and a single purpose. If a nation loses its sociotype, then it has lost its faith. This was the story of the fall of Ancient Israel.
    [Today 03:36 AM] anotherperson: this forum feels like the edge of the internet

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks as though Ukraine has finished committing most of its forces to the offensive, including its best troops (the 82nd Air Assault brigade, etc.) (link). This was make or break, and while it has managed to retake some villages, it seems unlikely that Ukraine will be able to drive all the way to the sea of Azov, now that the offensive has made little headway at the cost of thousands of soldiers, after a ten week assault against some of the most formidable static defenses in human history.

The Ukrainian army couldn't even reach Russia's first line of defense (Russia has erected three lines of defense in total (link)). Russia has even managed to launch its own offensive in the east of the country, taking advantage of Ukraine's now thinly stretched lines, and may even capture Kupyansk (link), which would put Kharkiv back in play.

And this is the tragedy of this whole war: Defense today is stronger than offense, barring a determined attacker's mass use of missiles or overwhelming use of force, and Ukraine could have held out indefinitely by adopting a purely defensive posture that didn't take a maximalist approach towards the recapture of lost territory.

Given the strength of defensive warfare, it's possible to imagine an alternate timeline where NATO affiliation was never even pursued because it was never needed, where any proposal to attack would have been dismissed by Russia's leadership because it would have figured negatively in Russia's cost-benefit analysis, given this alternate Ukraine's simultaneous defensive strength, political non-alignment, and economic integration with Russia.

Ukraine could have been a Slavic Switzerland — fully fortified and with minimal foreign entanglements — but is now on course to become an economic puppet, with a massive public debt that it owes to the IMF and the West, where unionization is rendered ineffectual by law (link), and where a migrant crisis drives down the cost of labor.
    Last edited by xerx; 08-26-2023 at 06:14 AM. Reason: added some links

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks as though Ukraine has finished committing most of its forces to the offensive, including its best troops (the 82nd Air Assault brigade, etc.) (link). This was make or break, and while it has managed to retake some villages, it seems unlikely that Ukraine will be able to drive all the way to the sea of Azov, now that the offensive has made little headway at the cost of thousands of soldiers, after a ten week assault against some of the most formidable static defenses in human history.

The Ukrainian army couldn't even reach Russia's first line of defense (Russia has erected three lines of defense in total (link)). Russia has even managed to launch its own offensive in the east of the country, taking advantage of Ukraine's now thinly stretched lines, and may even capture Kupyansk (link), which would put Kharkiv back in play.

And this is the tragedy of this whole war: Defense today is stronger than offense, barring a determined attacker's mass use of missiles or overwhelming use of force, and Ukraine could have held out indefinitely by adopting a purely defensive posture that didn't take a maximalist approach towards the recapture of lost territory.

Given the strength of defensive warfare, it's possible to imagine an alternate timeline where NATO affiliation was never even pursued because it was never needed, where any proposal to attack would have been dismissed by Russia's leadership because it would have figured negatively in Russia's cost-benefit analysis, given this alternate Ukraine's simultaneous defensive strength, political non-alignment, and economic integration with Russia.

Ukraine could have been a Slavic Switzerland — fully fortified and with minimal foreign entanglements — but is now on course to become an economic puppet, with a massive public debt that it owes to the IMF and the West, where unionization is rendered ineffectual by law (link), and where a migrant crisis drives down the cost of labor.
    You are such a russian buttlicker it's incomprehensible.

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    You are such a russian buttlicker it's incomprehensible.
    No, I'm not. Why would I side against my own country? I'm only pointing out the obvious facts of the matter.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I'm not. Why would I side against my own country? I'm only pointing out the obvious facts of the matter.
    That you're calling your bias obvious facts is hilarious.