Thread: The Ukraine Question

Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

An incredibly attractive and intelligent Russian female.

Most of the time, she looks like an ESI, but in her photographs from the rally, she looks SEI.

More proof that your Dual can look like your Conflictor.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Russian mobilization is going well. All according to plan.

https://nitter.net/bigSAC10/status/1...918586888192#m

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Russian mobilization is going well. All according to plan.

https://nitter.net/bigSAC10/status/1...918586888192#m
    . The body bag manufacturers are having a field day.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Russia has committed war crimes, apparently, according to UN investigators. https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-investigators By using cluster munitions that don't distinguish between combatants and civilians, performing executions, torture, etc.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    Russia has committed war crimes, apparently, according to UN investigators. https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-investigators By using cluster munitions that don't distinguish between combatants and civilians, performing executions, torture, etc.
    I find it weird people assume there's always a good guy and a bad guy in every conflict. The bad guys tend to fight each other. Hasn't everything from Disney cartoons to fantasy novels taught us that? But people don't to apply that to real life. No, all the good guys are friends so all the bad guys must be, too.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What do Russia, Tucker Carlson, Scott Ritter, Douglas Macgregor, and Trump all have in common?

Julia Davis

@JuliaDavisNews
    Some things never change: translated clips of Tucker Carlson are still an ever-present feature on Russian state TV, rivaled only by those of Scott Ritter, Douglas Macgregor and Trump.

https://nitter.net/JuliaDavisNews/st...483935248384#m

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do Russia, Tucker Carlson, Scott Ritter, Douglas Macgregor, and Trump all have in common?

Julia Davis

@JuliaDavisNews
    Some things never change: translated clips of Tucker Carlson are still an ever-present feature on Russian state TV, rivaled only by those of Scott Ritter, Douglas Macgregor and Trump.

https://nitter.net/JuliaDavisNews/st...483935248384#m
    Their names contain the letter R?

More seriously, it's probably "white Christian nationalism."

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

A response from police prohibiting access to a lawyer seeking his detained client : “After September 21st, laws no longer apply”

Lol. In Russia, laws never applied. Only the Tsar's wishes apply.

The thing is, 40% of every population likes it this way. I'm talking to you, Tucker.

https://nitter.net/ABarbashin/status...991060520962#m

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On one hand... we say that global warming is a bigger threat than nuclear war (global warming isn't even the most important environmental problem, pollution / habitat destruction is), at the same time... we say that capitalism is the greatest benefit to all, despite the fact it primarily drives the market & the resulting pollution, and this seems to justify toppling various communist governments throughout the years.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Looks like Putin has succeeded in mobilizing over a quarter million young men in Russia. They mobilized themselves right out of Russia.

https://nitter.net/carlbildt/status/...974317219845#m

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

nato abuses sad bald bully man into attacking innocent blond-haired, blue-eyed wheat farmers

America gets to look like hero again and the mic gets to fuck your bitch renewed for the next 50 years

And then people complain about technocracy as if it's inferior to republicanism and dictatorship

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"President Vladimir Putin grants Russian citizenship to former US security contractor Edward Snowden."

Lucky guy. He can now be conscripted into Russia's mobilization.

https://nitter.net/seungminkim/statu...krJQISAAA%3D#r

Maybe Trump can get the same deal. Please?

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Russian air supremacy isn't a thing for some reason. This article gives an interesting viewpoint (defence news) as to why. Among other things, Russian reconnaissance is god-awful (not enough reconnaissance drones; Russian satellite imagery is slow and blurry), meaning that the Russian air force can only attack known targets. Russian pilots stay away from Ukrainian airspace for that reason.

Russian milbloggers (the few that I read, anyway) periodically freak out about the lack of good reconnaissance.

Ukraine, on the other hand, has great reconnaissance (NATO-tier).
    Last edited by xerx; 09-27-2022 at 06:05 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Some people say that Russians should be allowed to travel to other countries, because denying an escape route from Russia would harm the "good" Russians.

Other people say that closing the borders and keeping the "good" Russians in their own country just might force them to take action against their present government, assuming that they don't actually like it, and aren't just fleeing to avoid getting killed in Putin's war of imperialism.

Let's hear what the Russians themselves say: https://nitter.net/Fella_Tuga/status...772367704067#m

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some people say that Russians should be allowed to travel to other countries, because denying an escape route from Russia would harm the "good" Russians.

Other people say that closing the borders and keeping the "good" Russians in their own country just might force them to take action against their present government, assuming that they don't actually like it, and aren't just fleeing to avoid getting killed in Putin's war of imperialism.

Let's hear what the Russians themselves say: https://nitter.net/Fella_Tuga/status...772367704067#m
    i believe most ppl in eastern europe are degenerates, this also has to do with the good ones fleeing leaving the nationalists to reproduce there and keep ruining their own countries and forcing even more of the good ones to flee . it makes sense the case would be the worst in russia. this does not mean all of them are like that, and u may not care too mcuh about minor casualties if u see it as necessary evil. it should be also obvious that russians who didnt express hatred towards ukranians were not included in the video. its unclear to me if u think russians should be allowed to flee. as a minority they cant overthrow the government and everyone whom supports it
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VewyScawwyNawcissist View Post
    i believe most ppl in eastern europe are degenerates, this also has to do with the good ones fleeing leaving the nationalists to reproduce there and keep ruining their own countries and forcing even more of the good ones to flee . it makes sense the case would be the worst in russia. this does not mean all of them are like that, and u may not care too mcuh about minor casualties if u see it as necessary evil. it should be also obvious that russians who didnt express hatred towards ukranians were not included in the video. its unclear to me if u think russians should be allowed to flee. as a minority they cant overthrow the government and everyone whom supports it
    I’m looking for arguments for why I should be more reasonable. You’ve provided a few, thanks.

I’ve also thought about why some countries seem to have a “Sociotype”. I believe that every society on earth has a natural and identical “normal” distribution of sociotypes. I also believe that the ratios between every type can be changed, by, say, shooting all the IEIs, or only allowing ESEs into the country. So, in this Darwinian way, a given type can become over-represented for a generation or two after the policy is applied.

I think that the US is LIE because, in the 1880’s, a lot of LIEs moved to the states from Europe, and the place has been a bastion of cold-hearted efficient self-interest ever since.

Similarly, a country can lose sociotypes if those types move away or cannot prosper or reproduce in adequate numbers to offset the selection process.

That may have occurred in Russia, but I have no proof of that.

My real question is why are countries the way they are? Socionics with Darwinian filters offers one explanation, but there are many other possibilities.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 09-27-2022 at 10:01 PM.

TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My real question is why are countries the way they are? Socionics with Darwinian filters offers one explanation, but there are many other possibilities.
    i swear u can see tribes in nature where u see all the people share exactly 1 perceiving function in the ego block, those tribes are defined by lifestyle and u can VI them all. from facial features to body features. it took me years to learn to VI and ofc i am not always accurate, and along those years i was skeptical of that idea, both of typology and of ppl in those tribes having particular types, but i kept looking and i started seeing it, and now not only with personality types but also mental illnesses and even god damn astrology.

lifestyle, personality, relationships and sociotype are related to human evolution in nature

I want to care

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are tons of books on why nations succeed and fail if you want look at this through lenses other than Socionics and Darwinism.
    https://a.co/d/22OOJIw

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m looking for arguments for why I should be more reasonable. You’ve provided a few, thanks.

I’ve also thought about why some countries seem to have a “Sociotype”. I believe that every society on earth has a natural and identical “normal” distribution of sociotypes. I also believe that the ratios between every type can be changed, by, say, shooting all the IEIs, or only allowing ESEs into the country. So, in this Darwinian way, a given type can become over-represented for a generation or two after the policy is applied.

I think that the US is LIE because, in the 1880’s, a lot of LIEs moved to the states from Europe, and the place has been a bastion of cold-hearted efficient self-interest ever since.

Similarly, a country can lose sociotypes if those types move away or cannot prosper or reproduce in adequate numbers to offset the selection process.

I think a lot about this too. Sometimes I wonder if something like the black plague or a world war change quadra values, because certain types get eliminated for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ung-s-subjects

not fully certain of my sociotype
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    , because certain types get eliminated for a while.
    maybe it'd be many Alphas & Deltas if they keep living in a bubble (hopefully not, but still)

TIM
    ENTP
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ethnic identity is founded on common faith that a group of people have a single origin and a single purpose. If a nation loses its sociotype, then it has lost its faith. This was the story of the fall of Ancient Israel.
    (My name is Yon Yonson,
    I live in Wisconsin.
    I work in a lumber yard there.
    The people I meet as
    I walk down the street,
    They say "Hello!"
    I say "Hello!"
    They say "What's your name?"
    I say: (My name is Yon Yonson...

All posts licensed under the GNU General Public License. Some rights reserved.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange put yourself in the shoes of a 70 year old Russian man who was born when Stalin was in power. @VewyScawwyNawcissist put yourself in the shoes of a Russian teenager about to get drafted to fight in Ukraine.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    @Adam Strange put yourself in the shoes of a 70 year old Russian man who was born when Stalin was in power. @VewyScawwyNawcissist put yourself in the shoes of a Russian teenager about to get drafted to fight in Ukraine.
    @Poptart, I can try to do this, but what I come up with is a person whose information about the world is restricted.

I believe that all other differences would be due to intrinsic attitude.

So, I can almost do this. What should I conclude from this?

I actually know a 71 year old Russian LIE who is extremely smart and also really reactionary. His view of the world is severely dysfunctional.
    I also know 40 year old Russians, also graduates of Moscow University, who are not complete political idiots.
    I think that willful ignorance and prejudice are choices.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 09-28-2022 at 09:59 AM.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Poptart, I can try to do this, but what I come up with is a person whose information about the world is restricted.

I believe that all other differences would be due to intrinsic attitude.

So, I can almost do this. What should I conclude from this?

I actually know a 71 year old Russian LIE who is extremely smart and also really reactionary. His view of the world is severely dysfunctional.
    I also know 40 year old Russians, graduates of Moscow University, who are not complete political idiots.
    I think ignorance and prejudice are choices.
    Is ignorance a choice when access to information is heavily restricted?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Is ignorance a choice when access to information is heavily restricted?
    Ignorance in many cases can be corrected by life learning.

My grandparents were casual racists and I absorbed that attitude as a kid, but quickly discovered that prejudice is largely a measure of insecurity. To say nothing of it being disrespectful and (because I’m LIE) inefficient. If you discard a set of people for non-performance reasons, you are only hurting yourself.

TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@VewyScawwyNawcissist put yourself in the shoes of a Russian teenager about to get drafted to fight in Ukraine.
    i will find a way to escape or if i fail i will ruin as many of the lives of the men around me (as in russians drafted with me who are complcent) as i can before i die. i guess that could be not so good bc some of them may be trying ways to refuse to participate bc they have a brain and a moral compass, i should try to get that information without being suspected but assuming whoever is leading us thats my primary target, if i cant figure out a way to disable the unit

I want to care

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VewyScawwyNawcissist View Post
    i will find a way to escape or if i fail i will ruin as many of the lives of the men around me (as in russians drafted with me who are complcent) as i can before i die. i guess that could be not so good bc some of them may be trying ways to refuse to participate bc they have a brain and a moral compass, i should try to get that information without being suspected but assuming whoever is leading us thats my primary target, if i cant figure out a way to disable the unit
    Just surrender. You can Google the process. Hopefully, you don’t get killed accidentally.

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just surrender. You can Google the process. Hopefully, you don’t get killed accidentally.
    Adam, I'm beginning to think your cynicism towards Russian people who are mostly victims of disinformation and a shitty dictator is pretty low.
    Join my Enneagram Discord: https://discord.gg/ND4jCAcs

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wavebury View Post
    Adam, I'm beginning to think your cynicism towards Russian people who are mostly victims of disinformation and a shitty dictator is pretty low.
    It is so hard to please everyone, @Wavebury.

Your assumptions about my opinion are wrong. I don’t disrespect Russian people. My comment about not getting killed while surrendering is merely practical advice. I’ve seen videos of Russians surrendering, and there are bullets flying everywhere. It is a situation where anyone could get killed.

I’m sorry that your first impulse is to assume the worst about people.

Hakuna Matata and the cycle of Samsara godslave's Avatar
    TIM
    694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a provocatively obvious false flag Operation.

"I can't stand it, I know you planned it
    I'm gonna set it straight, this Watergate
    I can't stand rocking when I'm in here
    'Cause your crystal ball ain't so crystal clear
    So while you sit back and wonder why
    I got this fucking thorn in my side
    Oh my God, it's a mirage
    I'm tellin' y'all, it's a sabotage"

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I misunderstand what you mean by intrinsic attitude.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if Sol will be drafted

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also know 40 year old Russians, graduates of Moscow University, who are not complete political idiots.
    @Adam Strange education tends to have that effect. It’s why in 2016, your level of education was the strongest indicator of whether you voted for Trump or Hillary lol.

WARNING : DANGER ZONE !!! Biscuit's Avatar
    TIM
    INFT
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, we are on the verge of a new world war?

WARNING : DANGER ZONE !!! Biscuit's Avatar
    TIM
    INFT
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't think of a possible end to all of this, the situation seems so complicated and as I read in a friend's Facebook post, all sides have reached a point where they can't step back

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mark Sayers is one of my favorite people to listen to on big picture views of world events, particularly as is relates to culture. Here's his latest commentary podcast: Could this October Change the World as We Know it? https://rebuilders.co/podcasts/2022/...-as-we-know-it

(He talks about Russia/Ukraine, which is why I put it here.)
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Psychologists Treating Rape Victims in Ukraine https://www.newyorker.com/news/dispa...in-ukraine/amp

I have two questions, related to the above:

1. Is there any evidence, anywhere, of non-Russians treating Russians populations in this way?
    2. Do Russians have similar groups or systems in place to address such trauma?

There isn't a lot of moral high ground to go around, but from my view this Russian aggression has none.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was reported, some months back, that Ukraine & Russia had nearly reached an agreement (involving mild territorial concessions). But there's a claim/rumour that Boris Johnson helped scupper the negotiations.

As soon as the Ukrainian negotiators and Abramovich/Medinsky, following the outcome of Istanbul, had agreed on the structure of a future possible agreement in general terms, UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson appeared in Kyiv almost without warning.

"Johnson brought two simple messages to Kyiv. The first is that Putin is a war criminal; he should be pressured, not negotiated with. And the second is that even if Ukraine is ready to sign some agreements on guarantees with Putin, they are not. We can sign [an agreement] with you [Ukraine], but not with him. Anyway, he will screw everyone over", is how one of Zelenskyy's close associates summed up the essence of Johnson's visit.
    link

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The “Hardcore” Russian Neo-Nazi Group That Calls Ukraine Home - bellingcat

Ukraine's Azov Battalion is a rather far-right group with even further-right subgroups, and if you know who O9A is you can easily trace them to other far-right groups in other countries. However, that does not automatically justify what Russia is doing.

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to rybar, a Russian milblogger, reinforcements from mobilized troops won't be arriving, in significant quantities at least, until December. It takes ~3 months to train troops—or, in this case, to retrain them, since these conscripts come from a pool of former soldiers that have already completed their service (but who may or may not have seen combat).