Thread: What is it with alpha SF basing meal decisions off the weather and seasons?

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What is it with alpha SF basing meal decisions off the weather and seasons?

Seriously, how do you people even associate weather with food? Some sort of taste-touch synesthesia I don’t have?

Damn, I just wanted some ice cream! I don’t care if it’s freezing outside!

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first reaction to this was "what???"
    lol this is the first i'm hearing about this but then again i guess it coincides with people who like to drink hot chocolate and stuff like that when it's cold. I'm not sure if it's alpha specific though
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    Seriously, how do you people even associate weather with food? Some sort of taste-touch synesthesia I don’t have?

Damn, I just wanted some ice cream! I don’t care if it’s freezing outside!
    People want ice cream when it’s sunny out, not when it’s warm.

-Results of market research.

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Luna Lovegood Well, the alpha SF people I know are so particular about what foods they eat depending on the weather and the season. Maybe I just know some weird people

TIM
    ILE-Ti VLEF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yesterday it was pretty cold and I had a frappe cuz yolo. Then I went outside and I was literally freezing from the inside out. Shivering and all even though it was like 5 degrees. So I guess that's the point of buying hot beverages on cold day lol

I don't think it's type specific though lol, it's just applied thermodynamics

Although I can think of some really strange associations that my family has with food which I inherited. Cold rainy days = soup, stew (I grew up in a place where rain is really rare in the winter so soups and stews are a special food to me). Hot sunny summer days = shepherds pie, "dry" stew, always accompanied by lemonade or orange juice
    It may be some sort of synesthetic association. But there are no Si egos in my family so I dunno lol