Hybrid View

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood View Post
    Your Sociotype: IEI-3Fe (INFp)
    Intuitive Ethical Introvert - The Romantic

1. EII (INFj): 97% as likely as IEI. Compare the IEI (INFp) and EII (INFj) types here!
    2. SEI (ISFp): 91% as likely as IEI. Compare the IEI (INFp) and SEI (ISFp) types here!
    3. IEE (ENFp): 82% as likely as IEI. Compare the IEI (INFp) and IEE (ENFp) types here!

What do the numbers beside the types mean?
    Yeah, strenght of subtype. It's on a scale of 1 to 3, 3 being the strongest but also fairly rare.
    That you got 3Fe yet mostly introverted types as other possible types is interesting.
    It makes you both very introverted and very Fe, it's conflictory in a way, even more so since you have have types from three different quadras.
    You're results are odd if I dare say, how you place yourself regarding them becomes rather interesting.
    But maybe you don't care and that's fine too.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adage View Post
    Yeah, strenght of subtype. It's on a scale of 1 to 3, 3 being the strongest but also fairly rare.
    That you got 3Fe yet mostly introverted types as other possible types is interesting.
    It makes you both very introverted and very Fe, it's conflictory in a way, even more so since you have have types from three different quadras.
    You're results are odd if I dare say, how you place yourself regarding them becomes rather interesting.
    I think the way the questions were formulated they probably give high Fe for people with Harmonizing subtypes.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I think the way the questions were formulated they probably give high Fe for people with Harmonizing subtypes.
    Upon re-reading a few questions, yeah, I see what you mean.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Yeah, I was going to comment something about this. There are a few questions like:

I am attuned to people, relationships, and emotions.
    versus

I am attuned to logic, knowledge, and empirical data.
    I'm not sure how much stock I put into DCNH yet, but from what I know I'd probably be a harmonizing subtype. Regardless, I'd say I'm curious about people and how/what they think. I don't think this makes me an F type, but it seems that questions like these are designed to gauge F vs T, and could lead to an incorrect result in my case.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Yeah, I was going to comment something about this. There are a few questions like:

versus

I'm not sure how much stock I put into DCNH yet, but from what I know I'd probably be a harmonizing subtype. Regardless, I'd say I'm curious about people and how/what they think. I don't think this makes me an F type, but it seems that questions like these are designed to gauge F vs T, and could lead to an incorrect result in my case.
    For those that you doubt, there's always the option of leaving the slider in the middle. The test can still get your type right. I left like 3 or 4 in the middle or only slightly to one side (I'm also x in the F-T axis, in mbti I was an INxx, but mainly a mix between INTJ and INFP).

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am attuned to people, relationships, and emotions

versus

I am attuned to logic, knowledge, and empirical data.

Yeah, the worse about such questions is that it can change because life too.

There's one that goes "I consider the impact of a decision on other's wellbeing" vs "I consider the logical correctness or efficiency of a decision" and I find it logical to care about the wellbeing of others because grumpy, hurt people aren't efficient. You can note my inclination here, but there's a reflexion that needs to be had to give the answer that will lead to the result that reflect the base line of why.
    Feels like lying in a way, because no answer is enough to encompass the complexity.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

There's one that goes "I consider the impact of a decision on other's wellbeing" vs "I consider the logical correctness or efficiency of a decision" and I find it logical to care about the wellbeing of others because grumpy, hurt people aren't efficient. You can note my inclination here, but there's a reflexion that needs to be had to give the answer that will lead to the result that reflect the base line of why.
    Feels like lying in a way, because no answer is enough to encompass the complexity.

I'm always amazed when I think about the person who wrote the tests. They must have had not only a great theoretical understanding of Socionics, but a practical one, too.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I'm always amazed when I think about the person who wrote the tests. They must have had not only a great theoretical understanding of Socionics, but a practical one, too.
    I don't understand. Are you being sarcastic or something?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't understand. Are you being sarcastic or something?

No, I'm truly impressed by a test which seems to type people much better than I do.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I agree. That's one of the other questions I have a problem with.

A few people have questioned my type and they're welcome to jump in and discuss it. But being relatively sure myself in my type I would say I certainly try to consider the impact of decisions on others. It's probably the only thing I consider outside of how decisions affect myself, I'd say. Logic is only a tool; a means to an end. One of my most important goals is to be remembered well and to do what I can to leave a better world behind me when I die, and this has shaped some of the most important decisions of my life so far. The "correctness" or "efficiency" of a decision doesn't exist in a vacuum abstracted from the goal of that decision. The question reads to me something like: "as a teacher, do you care more about your students' success or do you care about grading fairly?" The point of grading should be to help improve your students' abilities.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I agree. That's one of the other questions I have a problem with.

A few people have questioned my type and they're welcome to jump in and discuss it. But being relatively sure myself in my type I would say I certainly try to consider the impact of decisions on others. It's probably the only thing I consider outside of how decisions affect myself, I'd say. Logic is only a tool; a means to an end. One of my most important goals is to be remembered well and to do what I can to leave a better world behind me when I die, and this has shaped some of the most important decisions of my life so far. The "correctness" or "efficiency" of a decision doesn't exist in a vacuum abstracted from the goal of that decision. The question reads to me something like: "as a teacher, do you care more about your students' success or do you care about grading fairly?" The point of grading should be to help improve your students' abilities.
    Haha, in a way I have the impression you think from the opposite of what I do, it's interesting to see.
    To me, things in a vacuum are great and all but they fail to understand the current reality, and when I think outside of current reality, it's more that if it won't matter in a 100 years, whatever option is fine.
    Reality gets heavy sometimes for everyone.
    I think LII fits you so far, beside sometimes ILE seems more like it depending on circumstances, and this uncertainty is a weak point of reality since it's ever changing and we can't see all underlying mechanism, percieved reality now vs taking away external factors. It's here vacuum gets interesting, it allows some more certainty.
    Guess I'll consider things in a vacuum more often, it can be usefull.

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea I was a little shocked by the 3fe thing too and I feel like I answered the questions pretty honestly.
    But as I said in another post that I'm not sure I have a good view of me. Since I came into socionics things have been revealed to me that I didn't even know I was good at. So yea, it is interesting.
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea I was a little shocked by the 3fe thing too and I feel like I answered the questions pretty honestly.
    But as I said in another post that I'm not sure I have a good view of me. Since I came into socionics things have been revealed to me that I didn't even know I was good at. So yea, it is interesting.
    You come from MBTI ? If so, what did you type as in MBTI ? I'm trying to determine if you are EII-Fi or IEI-Fe. Do you feel like you have to watch what you say when you address me (usual feeling towards supervisors)?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    You come from MBTI ? If so, what did you type as in MBTI ? I'm trying to determine if you are EII-Fi or IEI-Fe. Do you feel like you have to watch what you say when you address me (usual feeling towards supervisors)?

Usually, the pain that Te-doms inflict on IEIs only shows up in IRL interactions, not in text interactions. And the infliction isn't intentional.

For example, in text, my Si-oriented SLI Supervisor ex-wife is heavily Si-oriented, but she still seems like everything a guy could want. In text. But in real life, she talks endlessly about Si-things like matching her shoelaces to her hair color and I want to fucking shoot myself in the head to make it stop.

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    i typed as INTP for a long while eventually i figured it didn't fit me as well. then I ventured to Fi dom, that's INFP I think

Also i don't feel that way with you particularly.
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I know an LIE-2Te, and it's very interesting to see what kind of guy you get when the Te is that strong.

The guy is hyper-masculine, has a square face, a PhD in Optics, attracts female ESIs effortlessly but is looking for one that is heavyset, because he believes that thin women are neurotic.