Quote Originally Posted by Clarke View Post
I guess my personal experience says that I like both funny and serious guys. The broody or physical types are interesting, but so are the clever, funny ones. Being approachable doesn't really seem to hurt either, as long as the guy doesn't seem to be weak somehow. I think this is my historical perspective on interesting men.

As I've said in other threads, I like a guy who gives me a sense that they could be dangerous, but wouldn't be likely to be dangerous to me. I guess I like the kind of guy who snaps necks, but the kind of guy who can orchestrate a complex revenge scheme that involves the systematic downfall of a person, starting with their job, then their bank account, and then slowly dripping into their personal life, is also a fairly interesting type. It also helps if they have boundaries that they don't cross. I think this interpretation of danger might depend on type, or even on the person. I guess that this information about danger would be valuable because women might instinctually like protective men, and protective men are dangerous.
I feel like I could have written this myself, though not as eloquently, imaginatively, and analytically as you have. Wow

There truly is something intriguing and thrilling about being with a guy who’s potentially dangerous and of a choleric temperament. Of course, as you said, it’s better if this man has boundaries he would not cross. I think I could still enjoy being with a man who’s weaker in terms of his own will and lacks some mental fortitude, but it’s always more assuring to be with a man who’s got strong resolve and convictions, who will defend what’s his steadfastly. I don’t feel good admitting to loving men of this type, considering that I’m not the strongest in terms of my own will (therefore it doesn’t feel fair of me to expect such traits from a partner), but perhaps it’s natural for someone to desire a person who complements them.