Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: PoLR Moments

TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Essentially, I feel like ideological consistency is irrelevant. I don't think I'm that bad when I hear other Ti PoLR horror stories. But I throw a lot of that Ti-Ne stuff.

I think if I'm in a good mood I can accept my contradictory behavior in with good humor, but I may lash out if I feel like my motives are being questioned on the grounds that they are inconsistent. I'm usually laid back and relaxed but I don't like people questioning me this way.

I have noticed Te creatives don't care too much about pointing this out, but rather opt to talk about what actions would make more sense or what I should have done. Talking about why something isn't following some arbitrary rule is meaningless if it isn't tied to some tangible purpose.

Another thing that gets on my nerves quickly is sweeping generalizations about large groups of people. "All x people are this way." "You are a x so you think y"

My mind immediately thinks of my experience and if it doesn't match what they are saying, in my view, they are wrong. They say well that's an exception. To me, exceptions matter since those are people and not some abstract concept.

Group guilt, inherited sins based on some shared history, or some other reason why a person is guilty based on their association with a certain group of people, are things that get on my nerves as well.
    Bound upon me, rush upon me, I will overcome you by enduring your onset: whatever strikes against that which is firm and unconquerable merely injures itself by its own violence. Wherefore, seek some soft and yielding object to pierce with your darts.

-Seneca

Psychology BSc and statistics MSc Armitage's Avatar
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 2w1-5 SX/so
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toro View Post
    Essentially, I feel like ideological consistency is irrelevant. I don't think I'm that bad when I hear other Ti PoLR horror stories. But I throw a lot of that Ti-Ne stuff.

I think if I'm in a good mood I can accept my contradictory behavior in with good humor, but I may lash out if I feel like my motives are being questioned on the grounds that they are inconsistent. I'm usually laid back and relaxed but I don't like people questioning me this way.

I have noticed Te creatives don't care too much about pointing this out, but rather opt to talk about what actions would make more sense or what I should have done. Talking about why something isn't following some arbitrary rule is meaningless if it isn't tied to some tangible purpose.

Another thing that gets on my nerves quickly is sweeping generalizations about large groups of people. "All x people are this way." "You are a x so you think y"

My mind immediately thinks of my experience and if it doesn't match what they are saying, in my view, they are wrong. They say well that's an exception. To me, exceptions matter since those are people and not some abstract concept.

Group guilt, inherited sins based on some shared history, or some other reason why a person is guilty based on their association with a certain group of people, are things that get on my nerves as well.
    Amen, brother. It's mostly about the end results, indeed. Following the "rules" only becomes important when it A: Aids in reaching the desired end result, or B: Is the moral choice to make, for instance protecting the safety of the factory workers even at the expense of slowing the production process.

That whole group guilting hype that's going on is getting on my nerves as well. Because some great-great-great-ancestors of the population of my country did bad stuff doesn't mean I have to feel guilty for it, because I wasn't even born back when it happened. Even more, the forebears of my family, before becoming teachers over the last generations, were all farmers and food sailors. What happened with the slave trade is bad and I condemn it, but I'm not responsible. Claiming that I am responsible merely because I am a "privileged" white cis-male is blaming others for one's own shit in life and to play the victim oneself. Take responsibility for your own lot in life and I'm willing to help, but don't guilt me into doing so, because it won't work.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234