View Poll Results: Does Disturbed seem more LSI or ESI?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disturbed seems more LSI

1 33.33%
  • Disturbed seems more ESI

2 66.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disturbed's type from what you know about him?

TIM
    Spiritual eyes
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    I think I'm an EIE. I just don't see myself as a logical type. I just wish I knew my type for certain.
    What bothers you about not knowing with certainty?

Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

Taking thing at face value is good only for a spell

Watch out for the quicksand, an hour glass isn't worth watching when the cook is done

Pick a straw man, and you'll find a scared crow

TIM
    EIE-Ni6w5p4w31w2sxsp
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Expansion What bothers me about uncertainty is that in most cases I want to know the facts. But I don't think my type is EIE, my mom and my older brother are not EIE and I am the same type as them. Based on valued and strength of information functions, I think I'm an ESI-Fi. Due to mental illness and drugs, I have weaker Se than would be expected of an ESI... it's much weaker as I get older. Related to autism, I have relatively weak and usually unvalued Fe while seeming to value Si more than would be expected of an ESI. I usually prefer to ignore Fe, but sometimes I'm open to it. I have an extreme preference, even a need for doing things one on one even compared to most people which is consistent with being an ESI-Fi.

Also, I seek logic, what is beneficial (for example, in terms of medicine, I feel like I need to be protected and even prevented from having medicine that would cause me problems), more than I seek external expression of emotions. I also seek legal help from time to time... I can't do that on my own... I've wanted to sue a lot of institutions of people and to go to court for certain rights, but I can't... out of vindictiveness, that I was wronged, I think the institutions took unfair advantage.
    Last edited by Disturbed; 08-30-2023 at 08:59 AM.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

TIM
    Spiritual eyes
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Expansion What bothers me about uncertainty is that in most cases I want to know the facts. But I don't think my type is EIE, my mom and my older brother are not EIE and I am the same type as them. Based on valued and strength of information functions, I think I'm an ESI-Fi. Due to mental illness and drugs, I have weaker Se than would be expected of an ESI... it's much weaker as I get older. Related to autism, I have relatively weak and usually unvalued Fe while seeming to value Si more than would be expected of an ESI. I usually prefer to ignore Fe, but sometimes I'm open to it. I have an extreme preference, even a need for doing things one on one even compared to most people which is consistent with being an ESI-Fi.

Also, I seek logic, what is beneficial (for example, in terms of medicine, I feel like I need to be protected and even prevented from having medicine that would cause me problems), more than I seek external expression of emotions. I also seek legal help from time to time... I can't do that on my own... I've wanted to sue a lot of institutions of people and to go to court for certain rights, but I can't... out of vindictiveness, that I was wronged, I think the institutions took unfair advantage.

Good luck, buddy.

Watch out for the quicksand, an hour glass isn't worth watching when the cook is done

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

"Disturbed's type from what you know about him?"
    "Does Disturbed seem more LSI or ESI?
    Disturbed seems more LSI
    Disturbed seems more ESI"

you are closer to F, based on the cited

To decide more good to have a video.

TIM
    EIE-Ni6w5p4w31w2sxsp
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm an EIE. Every time I read something or look at someone, I change my mind between LSI-Ti, EIE-Ni, and ESI-Fi, as I notice contradictions everywhere due to all the information I have which I can't possibly sort through to a certain-to-me correct conclusion.

I wish I could just exit socionics and get it out of my mind forever, but I can't.

I'm too terrible with logic and uncertain in it to feel confident that I'm an LSI. I have strong emotions, I doubt others' emotions since they sometimes say they don't have them but I feel them intensely. Socionics just confuses and outright disturbs the shit out of me and I need help getting it out of my mind forever without any bad side effects.

TIM
    Spiritual eyes
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm an EIE. Every time I read something or look at someone, I change my mind between LSI-Ti, EIE-Ni, and ESI-Fi, as I notice contradictions everywhere due to all the information I have which I can't possibly sort through to a certain-to-me correct conclusion.

I wish I could just exit socionics and get it out of my mind forever, but I can't.

I'm too terrible with logic and uncertain in it to feel confident that I'm an LSI. I have strong emotions, I doubt others' emotions since they sometimes say they don't have them but I feel them intensely. Socionics just confuses and outright disturbs the shit out of me and I need help getting it out of my mind forever without any bad side effects.
    Put EIE on type display.

Put in a cool sig like: ENFj's don't just do it, we shape you true to it.

Try it out.

PS it's humor but try out the EIE part and see if you like it.
    Last edited by Distance; 01-12-2024 at 08:21 PM.

I say brilliant things sporadically BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe your "weak logic" is just ignoring Te, which is socially accepted logic. You come off as a clear LSI to me. But well, I don't know you in person. An EIE would probably seem less self conscious and less melancholic, leaning towards chroleric-phlegmatic.

My two cents
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    Spiritual eyes
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rather than preemptively try to figure it all out at first, cognitively, like you've been trying to do over the years here, reverse that and try out EIE over IDK, and work types subconsciously, and if you feel it doesn't work then go for the others. Sometimes the answers are here, and we just uncork it and it spills out. Let it out, the energy.

It's like wearing the mantle and checking for fitment. I know wearing the other 15 fits less by trying it all out.

Sport it, and you might import it.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couldn't you just ask for help and get this settled once and for all? Pay Gulenko to type you? Meet some forumites in real life and ask them? You have posted many threads already and made all kinds of very detailed observations, but it's hard to know if you really know Socioinics or if you are just imagining. Anyway, you could probably find your type if you really want, but ask for help then.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Probably neither
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    Spiritual eyes
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the verdict?

TIM
    EIE-Ni6w5p4w31w2sxsp
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@mr drapetomaniacwhy neither? do you think i'm an eie?

TIM
    EIE-Ni6w5p4w31w2sxsp
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One more thing though, is that ignoring the material world isn't my natural state. i kind of doubt I'm an EIE although even though I'm not good with it, I can certainly deal with Fe from time to time, if a person wants to do Fe and I don't feel terrible, then I try to make that work for them, but i prefer to do activity I enjoy, always have. i think i'm an autistic esi-fi; i grew up with and have been friends with a lot of sle-ti, and took up a lot of their habits, so that and the autism are reasons i seem kind of harsh.

but i've never felt for long like i had the logical abilities or any kinds of the self-control or the single-mindedness of the LSI, as they tend to.

TIM
    Spiritual eyes
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One more thing though, is that ignoring the material world isn't my natural state. i kind of doubt I'm an EIE although I can certainly deal with Fe from time to time, if a person wants to do Fe and I don't feel terrible, then I try to make that work for them, but i prefer to do activity I enjoy, always have. i think i'm an autistic esi-fi; i grew up with and have been friends with a lot of sle-ti, and took up a lot of their habits, so that and the autism is a reason i seem kind of harsh.

but i've never felt for long like i had the logical abilities or any kinds of the self-control or the single-mindedness of the LSI, as they tend to and i've generally disliked being part of a hierarchy which they usually like being part of it.
    You expect concision, you expect results, and you want closure. Not a P bro.

Some type of J.

You are not relaxed in type with Ne Si in that alternate world of potential, but bound in a singularity to expectations with Ni Se horizons.

Have you thought about my earlier suggestion? IDK to EIE to other?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@mr drapetomaniacwhy neither? do you think i'm an eie?
    I don't know. LSI would love to be committed his/hers own structure.
    ESI would probably show rather strong dedication.

I'm not really noticing either here.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EIE-Ni6w5p4w31w2sxsp
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to Aushra Augusta'a definitions, my strongest and most valued function is Fi. I'm an ESI-Fi. I value Fi more than Fe and my subjective likes and dislikes have always been my strongest and most valued functions; I don't always attempt to be objective, and I generally don't try to manipulate peoples' moods.
    Last edited by Disturbed; 03-05-2024 at 12:20 PM.

TIM
    Spiritual eyes
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you convinced?

TIM
    ILI 5w4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok reading this thread, it seems you keep trying to pick out individual traits or events and analyse them in isolation. I would recommend not doing this, it will lead to constant confusion and switching between wildly different types as you have done here. You would benefit from slowing down, taking a step back and getting an idea of the overarching patterns in your behaviour and cognition throughout your life.

For example, over the course of this thread you have seemingly gone through ESI, LSI, LSE, EIE, IEI, SLI; in amongst these are 2 pairs of conflictors and a duality dyad. This to me shows more consistency of thought is needed which could be gained by looking at your behavioural patterns as a whole as opposed to in isolation. If this is something you struggle with, that could indicate certain things as well.

I'd lean towards you being enneagram 6 based on the constant self-doubt and needing reassurance in your own thoughts

TIM
    EIE-Ni6w5p4w31w2sxsp
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, @Expansion, because silke is an excellent typer and she typed me as ESI and according to aushra augusta the creator of the theory, her definitions would be the best, and I am strongest in Fi and value it most, as soon as coquette someone pointed out that Fi was still subjective when i thought of others' likes and dislikes and would still know my own best. I value Se and Ni more than Ne. I can get quite irritated by Fe, although sometimes I like it and I still think emotions should usually be freely expressed everywhere, sometimes I find them annoying other times they're fine.

TIM
    SEI-H
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is like when people become wanderlust all their life but never finding the meaning they seek in travels

TIM
    Spiritual eyes
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'll see how long this lasts.

We type ourselves in the end.

Def. not Delta. Or Alpha. Bank on that.

TIM
    eii enfp so4 sp4
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you would be beta, I think fi valuing with stronger ni than any LSE or perhaps any delta you seem to gauge things ok and ideas; and not very strong logic but somewhat there.
    EIE do not tend to be severely emotionally disturbed/prone to extreme outbursts more so in conversation
    Last edited by youfloweryourfeast; 03-21-2024 at 01:50 AM.

TIM
    eii enfp so4 sp4
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://augustaproject.wordpress.com...-descriptions/ "In advances cases of neurotic developments (asthenic, hypochondriacal) , the partiality of disturbances may be lost, and even a critical attitude towards them."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12