Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's My Type?

So I've got some professional opinions, from Gulenko himself, a person that trained under him, some OG Model A practitioner, my friends - and even my mom. Gamma NT it is. But which one? I have my own opinion. We've narrowed it down to two types. But you know what, who cares what they think? What do you guys think? Feel free to vote, I live in America and not Nazi Belgium or whatever.

Dominant Subtype
    Critic — Optimizer
    Prototype: A banker, a financier inventing complex business schemes

In the activity he is engaged in, he is quite energetic, although he becomes very tired of large doses of communication. He has high organizational abilities, often with an authoritarian inclination. He encourages people to be active, but warns against useless, from his point of view, decisions. A supporter of decisive action during the transformation.

https://socioniks.net/en/article/?id=67
    https://www.the16types.info/info/types/INTP.htm
    http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p...gical_Introtim

Creative Subtype
    Entrepreneur — Renewer
    Prototype: Experimenter in science and in life; active, peppy, and restless
    This is a subtype that chooses alternative activities with positive thinking, developing creative initiatives. He introduces new ideas into practice and grabs immediate opportunities, often taking far- reaching (though not always well-laid out) plans. Having a lively and flexible mind, he is very inquisitive and boldly experiments.

https://socioniks.net/en/article/?id=70
    https://www.the16types.info/info/types/ENTJ.htm
    http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p...itive_Extratim

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all, don't rely on the type profiles to type yourself. They're a presentation of a type in the context of its club (which is metalevel 3 subgroups I think). A type can look very different depending on which metalevel it's functioning on.

ILI and LIE are mirror types. That means that just as two mirrors bounce light off of one another, so do these two types bounce ideas off of one another. So they have a lot of their worldview in common. The difference is that ILI has an "irrational" worldview but LIE has a "rational" one.

What does that mean? The best example in real life between the rational and irrational dichotomy is the difference between Western, Abrahamic religions (e.g. Judaism, Christianity, etc...) and Eastern religions (e.g. Buddhism, Shintō, etc...). In the former, you have a set of doctrines and values (outlined in some holy text like the New Testament or Torah) that the whole world is viewed through and judged by, while in the latter you're experiencing life as it comes to you and then constructing doctrines as "explanations" for your experiences. It's as if rational types knew all the categories of the world "at once" when they were born and are just working them out while irrational types are more empirical. Kant's and Aristotle's idea of knowledge existing as a priori categories were reflective of the fact that they were both rational types, while Hume's idea of everything just being patterns we've internalized through induction with no real rhyme or reason is reflective of the fact that he was an irrational type. The recent idea of there being "brute facts" that just exist out there in reality is also the product of an irrational worldview. The Principle of Sufficient Reason is the product of a rational worldview.

So which one fits you best? Are you judging the world through types and categories, or do you see the world as "brute facts" that just are there that we make sense of later? Only you can know the answer to that.
    Last edited by SacredKnowing; 05-18-2022 at 11:00 AM.
    [Today 03:36 AM] anotherperson: this forum feels like the edge of the internet

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something tells me ILI-D seems right, but I could change my mind. But right now I’m thinking that seems like it’s it
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    Something tells me ILI-D seems right, but I could change my mind. But right now I’m thinking that seems like it’s it
    I'm secretly Jeff Bezos, I'm a billionaire, and this is my alt account.

Edit: Though, to be honest, I'm just kind of interested in seeing the votes. I don't really have any confusion, Gulenko cleared that up. It's for fun like most of my posts on here as virtually everyone takes everything at face value and projects and associates the worst.
    Last edited by Ocean Man; 05-18-2022 at 04:56 PM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni-H 359
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely think ILI-DC sounds accurate. You have an assertive energy with a matched independent streak. It makes you playful/trollish while maintaining your ground. Pure C subs usually don't seem as assertive, they just seem kind of trollish/mocking to put someone in their place and less direct.

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EIE H View Post
    I definitely think ILI-DC sounds accurate. You have an assertive energy with a matched independent streak. It makes you playful/trollish while maintaining your ground. Pure C subs usually don't seem as assertive, they just seem kind of trollish/mocking to put someone in their place and less direct.
    Yeah, I agree. I admit, I made this thread since I'm just bored of typology at this point. Guess I'll close it and find a new hobby.