Hello,

I asked this question on discord but I wanted to write it down on the forum too. Maybe I will have new opinions and thoughts on it.

I have a fitness trainer (an ESI) with whom I do one session a week. For the first time in several months I found his attitude unpleasant. He insisted that I do a balance exercise with my eyes closed which I couldn't do (really, I tried many times). He wanted to continue it despite my remarks ("I'm going to fall") so I told him I wanted to stop.

He (in his own way) tried to talk me out of it by provoking me (e.g., by saying "are you sure you want to stop on a failure ?") I didn't say another word to him for the whole hour of the session and I think the experience shook me emotionally. I don't know how to handle the situation because I have the impression that for him it is normal to take risks. However, I told him several times that I don't do fitness for performance but for health. As an ILI, my body and sport are not really confort zones so it's nice to have an ESI to help me but when trust turn into this kind of situation I feel bad and betrayed, I hope that doesn't sound to dramatic but it's true.

What stood out to me the most was that he seemed to take it lightly and that pissed me off. He asked me at the end of the session if I wanted to say anything to him to which I replied that I preferred to wait to calm down (He understood that but seems to take it like nothing). And now, even after few days, I feel like I haven't calmed down yet. I'm torned because I really like him but I don't really understand.

I always perceveid the relation like a trust confort zone. He seems to understand everything until this moment. ESI are generally sensitive and clever about other people discomfort and embarrassment. But this day, for the first time I feel crushed and misunderstood. I told him yesterday that I will not see him this week because I'm incomfortable for now, he answered "Yes, no problem". His anwser is not mean of course but it gave me the impression that he don't really care.

What do you think ?