Thread: The Actual Nature of the Functions

Threaded View

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Actual Nature of the Functions

Ti: this is a deep, logical thinker. We are talking about deep insights into any subject, whether it be philosophy, pure mathematics, etc.. The real nature of this function is not structure; the person is structured only if there is some kind of deep thought in the subject. Other functions can simulate Ti, including Ni and Ne, but someone who is Ti is a pure logical thinker. (I value this function, but I might not have it as an ego function.)

Te: now we get into the realm of structure, precision, and organization. It is extraverted thinking that focuses on objective facts and figures. Many business minds have this or require this, as I see this in fields like banking, accounting, economics and finance ad nauseum. They can be in scientific fields. (I do not value this at all.)

Fi: if Ti is depth of thought, Fi is depth of feeling. Deep, inward feelings about God, religion, morals, ethics, etc. (I'm not sure that I have this. I like EIIs though. to the EIIs here.)

Fe: if Fi is deep, Fe is less so but more sociable. This is someone who is humorous, warm, sociable and likes to include people. (I don't often value this, but I especially like someone humorous.)

Se: these are pure sensates. Someone who seeks out the loudest, most vibrant sensations, whether it be roller coasters, sex, food or any other strong sensations. (I value this.)

Si: this is sensation that is more subjective. Someone who seeks out 'deeper' sensations, such as beauty or art, or someone whose sensations are tuned into the way the body feels, as these are sensations turned toward the self. (I value this.)

Ni: this is subjective intuition. Turned inward, this function has 'flashes of insight.' Understands the self. The insights can be turned toward something like abstract art that has a subjective, personal message. (I think I value this.)

Ne: turned outward, this is a creative, project-oriented person. Jumps from project to project and job to job, getting deeply into it and then just 'dropping it.' Tendency toward creative activities and jobs. Startlingly clever. (I value this.)

Ve: this is 'extraverted will.' This is someone strong, domineering and willful who imposes their will on others. Wants others to push themselves as hard as they push themselves. Tries to mold others to follow their goals/desires. Demanding. Is seen as aggressive because of their tendency to push others. (I do not value this.)

Vi: this is 'introverted will.' This is someone who can push themselves through difficult tasks. Think of a marathon runner who can push themselves toward the finish line through shear strength of will. This is will, but will aimed at the self. Can be aggressive, but not as much as Ve, as it is aimed at the self more than others. (I do not value this.)
    Last edited by jason_m; 11-30-2021 at 04:44 PM.