Thread: Gammas and limerence

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    actually, once the limerence is over, the relationship almost always ends.
    It ends if the limerence "start up" effect is not followed. It doesn't have to end, unless one of the parties wishes it.

The limerence causes you to ignore red flags because you project your own fantasy onto them. You can think you're compatible when you really aren't in reality, because of that fantasy.
    This is true in my experience, unfortunately. But as I've said before, each time I learned something or progressed my self-development in some way that I think God intended me to.

Once someone wakes up from it, they realize it wasn't all they thought it was. It also takes them away from reality, so that they're caught up in trying to revolve their life around someone who might not even reciprocate their desires,
    Not in my case. In my cases, the feelings were reciprocated. Not reciprocated with limerence though; with limerence only one of the cases.

instead of building their life up in realistic ways. Even if there is reciprocation, it's something you build your life around only for it to eventually die off.
    I believe strong in-love feelings can be rekindled with someone, but I'm not sure. It is an only one-time thing? Being in love surely insn't, but limerence might be. To be honest, it isn't that good being limerent. It's cool and all that to experience it once in your life, but being limerent in a long-term manner doesn't sound too good.
    My intention is to caution people that limerence is not something that can safely be normalized, and this thread runs the risk of normalizing it. That can be damaging to peoples' real, actual lives. I can't sit back silently and say nothing when I see that.
    You sound very SP. Limerence and being in love are the spice of life (at least, I bet, for sx types, and what I'm trying to deduce here, gammas too?).

In my mind's eye, that would be like seeing a crowd standing in front of an oncoming train, knowing they don't see it, and then saying nothing to them. Never warning that they should move out of the way. I'm trying to protect others from a risk that I see — including OP, if they will receive it.
    Not sure I buy into this supposed "altruism" you purport to be motivating you. Are you sure this is why you are portraying limerence in such a bad light?
    Last edited by roger557; 11-22-2021 at 12:19 AM.