Thread: What do you think of Cancel Culture?

Hybrid View

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    Looking for responses from Alpha quadra members since supposedly Alpha has the closed-mouth complex or whatever.
    I can give you the opinion of a Gamma ILI here. Cancel culture is the mutant offshoot/parody/mockery of the blasphemy laws that used to exist here in the west. Granted, most every culture/civilization that lasted any notable amount of time had them (and their lack of enforcement tended to coincide with the time period right before their fall). It's like anti-sedition laws. Any state/culture that simply allows such speech to occur without direct, immediate (relatively speaking), and harsh consequence plain and simply won't/didn't last very long. As the flow of information/opinion on this scale undeniably goes Religion>Culture>Politics it's little surprise it's a thing. What's dangerous is that most people (non-Gamma's especially) don't seem to get the profound and frankly horrifying implications of this. The Blasphemy laws are Cancel Culture. That means, obviously, we are currently ruled over by adherents to a culture/religion that views non-PC speech as worthy of legal sanction. If not officially, than at least culturally/socially (which amounts to the same damn thing but with extra steps and results that only differ in kind/degree not effect).

Given that fact you can see why I make the reference to blasphemy intentionally here. Cancel Culture is part and parcel of what I and many others like me term the Death Cult. The SJW's, Commies, Woke folks, LGBTBBQXYZ+++-kin, etc. are all the laity and, by extension, the pool the practicing/existing clergy pulls from to swell their ranks and "evangelize" for this de facto religion. It really is a religion BTW. It even comes complete with it's own dogma, sacraments, and eschatology if you look hard enough. A religion that is, by the by, a sick and twisted mirror/inversion of Christianity and thus seeks above all else to stamp out any authentic expression of what it truly stand in opposition to (i.e. Christ). Ever hear of the "Witch test"? If you have not, well, the next time you see some SJW wokie morally browbeating someone for being an X'ist/phobe using rhetoric that sounds suspiciously like something that'd come out of the mouth of some parody of a foaming at the mouth Christian fundamentalist browbeating a harlot, libertine, or the like (and you'll find many examples upon the instant you start looking) demand they confess that Jesus is the Christ and God has risen him from the dead.

Why? Because they are relying upon Christian moral concepts/assumptions to browbeat their opponent. Christian morality in any form relies upon one thing being true and that is what I just mentioned (i.e that Christ is risen). If they cannot even mockingly confess (and boy will they not even do that) you know you're dealing with a card carrying member of the Death Cult. Bet a billion dollars on them failing said test. I assure you they will say/confess literally anything except that. In the one in a billion chance they succeed ask for specifics. Ask them to define God, Christ, etc. They'll fail there hard and reveal themselves to simply be smarter members of that cult. I'm not kidding nor engaging in hyperbole here. I'm being 100 percent honest. I wish to the infinite heavens I was full of shit but I sadly ain't...

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    I can give you the opinion of a Gamma ILI here. Cancel culture is the mutant offshoot/parody/mockery of the blasphemy laws that used to exist here in the west. Granted, most every culture/civilization that lasted any notable amount of time had them (and their lack of enforcement tended to coincide with the time period right before their fall). It's like anti-sedition laws. Any state/culture that simply allows such speech to occur without direct, immediate (relatively speaking), and harsh consequence plain and simply won't/didn't last very long. As the flow of information/opinion on this scale undeniably goes Religion>Culture>Politics it's little surprise it's a thing. What's dangerous is that most people (non-Gamma's especially) don't seem to get the profound and frankly horrifying implications of this. The Blasphemy laws are Cancel Culture. That means, obviously, we are currently ruled over by adherents to a culture/religion that views non-PC speech as worthy of legal sanction. If not officially, than at least culturally/socially (which amounts to the same damn thing but with extra steps and results that only differ in kind/degree not effect).

Given that fact you can see why I make the reference to blasphemy intentionally here. Cancel Culture is part and parcel of what I and many others like me term the Death Cult. The SJW's, Commies, Woke folks, LGBTBBQXYZ+++-kin, etc. are all the laity and, by extension, the pool the practicing/existing clergy pulls from to swell their ranks and "evangelize" for this de facto religion. It really is a religion BTW. It even comes complete with it's own dogma, sacraments, and eschatology if you look hard enough. A religion that is, by the by, a sick and twisted mirror/inversion of Christianity and thus seeks above all else to stamp out any authentic expression of what it truly stand in opposition to (i.e. Christ). Ever hear of the "Witch test"? If you have not, well, the next time you see some SJW wokie morally browbeating someone for being an X'ist/phobe using rhetoric that sounds suspiciously like something that'd come out of the mouth of some parody of a foaming at the mouth Christian fundamentalist browbeating a harlot, libertine, or the like (and you'll find many examples upon the instant you start looking) demand they confess that Jesus is the Christ and God has risen him from the dead.

Why? Because they are relying upon Christian moral concepts/assumptions to browbeat their opponent. Christian morality in any form relies upon one thing being true and that is what I just mentioned (i.e that Christ is risen). If they cannot even mockingly confess (and boy will they not even do that) you know you're dealing with a card carrying member of the Death Cult. Bet a billion dollars on them failing said test. I assure you they will say/confess literally anything except that. In the one in a billion chance they succeed ask for specifics. Ask them to define God, Christ, etc. They'll fail there hard and reveal themselves to simply be smarter members of that cult. I'm not kidding nor engaging in hyperbole here. I'm being 100 percent honest. I wish to the infinite heavens I was full of shit but I sadly ain't...
    See I tend to accept Pettersons summary. It's the archtypical tyrannical mother. With her tyrannical empathy, more-so than all those interest groups you named.

(This idea of a LGBTQ agenda makes me smile because I was gay long before I even knew there was community...and m still not a part of said community, not like there is one anymore now anyway with the arrival of digital sociolization.) Guys who like dick are evolutionary adventageous and it's just been shown that female relatives of gay males are statistically more fertile and have greater number of children which shows that balance exists in nature.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    See I tend to accept Pettersons summary. It's the archtypical tyrannical mother. With her tyrannical empathy, more-so than all those interest groups you named.

(This idea of a LGBTQ agenda makes me smile because I was gay long before I even knew there was community...and m still not a part of said community, not like there is one anymore now anyway with the arrival of digital sociolization.) Guys who like dick are evolutionary adventageous and it's just been shown that female relatives of gay males are statistically more fertile and have greater number of children which shows that balance exists in nature.
    Ya mean, like, Jordan Peterson? Tyrannical mother with a sick and twisted sense of empathy fits theoretically I guess, but I'm a user and an archetypical tyrannical mother wouldn't act in the way I've observed the wokies acting en masse. If I slot in cultists devoted to a sick twisted mirror of Christianity instead, well. In scientific circles the validity of a theory can be directly tested by how accurately it predicts results. The more closely/accurately the predictions match the outcomes of the experiments the more likely you're onto something.

This, by the by, is why I keep on harping about attachment issues. I am literally predicting responses out of people I know before they say it. Like I've said before, I am become Joseph Joestar over here. Ergo, this theory is onto something.

Likewise, the theory that the wokies are part of an anti-Christian cult produces predictions that mirror currently experienced reality close enough to theoretically make a living as a prophet. My theory works and works hard. Therefore I'm probably correct. At the very least I'm more correct than Peterson as my theory does a better job of making the predictions and explaining how and why in a language a child could understand relatively speaking.

It also sounds like you're not a member of the Death Cult despite being a member of a group they claim to represent and recruit from heavily. Good. It's gonna be people like you that cause their heads to explode which will in turn provide me with endless entertainment and satisfaction. A gay who isn't woke and on board with intersectionality? One that actively disdains the folks who are? (points finger at you) Cis-hetero-White Supremacist! You're worse than Funny Mustache Man!

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    Ya mean, like, Jordan Peterson? Tyrannical mother with a sick and twisted sense of empathy fits theoretically I guess, but I'm a user and an archetypical tyrannical mother wouldn't act in the way I've observed the wokies acting en masse. If I slot in cultists devoted to a sick twisted mirror of Christianity instead, well. In scientific circles the validity of a theory can be directly tested by how accurately it predicts results. The more closely/accurately the predictions match the outcomes of the experiments the more likely you're onto something.
    Well this is often also a characteristic of Ni. right?

This, by the by, is why I keep on harping about attachment issues. I am literally predicting responses out of people I know before they say it. Like I've said before, I am become Joseph Joestar over here. Ergo, this theory is onto something.
    I had not noticed, but alright. Sometimes Ni does give one the gift of true foresight. This makes it hard to age and keep the spontaneousness in anything. Given that you can't share your predictions, both because they are hard to explain, and also accurate, it gives people the creeps, amirite? Do you find yourself saying "oh, of course he did, or of course she did, or of course that happened, just as I knew it would". This is the gift of really good Ni, and also happens to be a part of your supervision role.

Likewise, the theory that the wokies are part of an anti-Christian cult produces predictions that mirror currently experienced reality close enough to theoretically make a living as a prophet. My theory works and works hard. Therefore I'm probably correct. At the very least I'm more correct than Peterson as my theory does a better job of making the predictions and explaining how and why in a language a child could understand relatively speaking.
    I'm not an official Christian although I think you are saying: Its the seeming destruction of all values and all values are given the same merit. It seems the world is going to hell in a hand basket, yet also becoming more homogenous in its value statements. We watch a woke Disney movie and think why is this so bad? It would seem to be a good thing, but its effects, in combination with PC culture, has created a vapid monster.

It also sounds like you're not a member of the Death Cult despite being a member of a group they claim to represent and recruit from heavily. Good. It's gonna be people like you that cause their heads to explode which will in turn provide me with endless entertainment and satisfaction. A gay who isn't woke and on board with intersectionality? One that actively disdains the folks who are? (points finger at you) Cis-hetero-White Supremacist! You're worse than Funny Mustache Man!
    One must hold onto what they know to be good and true. You can't box me, or millions of other people into simplistic categories without loosing some of the resolution, like a pixellated photograph. To me, nature, beauty, the elements on my skin and face, these remind that culture is only real in the relative sense.

I believe I have no value because of a sexual orientation. No special purpose, no special meaning. No special rights. I only want my safety (both physical and psychological) protected by the State. As it mostly now is. I think the trouble is that people want everything of others. They want to have rights, be protected, and then they demand others also value them against those people's will and understanding. You can't change others like this broadly, unless those people change their point of view, perspective, from themselves. True Inception of an idea. I always strive to live impeccably, to behave beyond others reproaches. Do I achieve this all the time? No. To err is to be human. But having the moral high ground is crucial if you are going to make others believe in you. This is the reason, NOT because of self loathing, that I never mention my sexuality right away in a new setting. I want to be known for who I am as my character and my ethic. Not where I like to stick my dick. Which is what you are essentially saying when you come out.

For me its all deeper anyway. Like at the animal level. I'm always fascinated and surprised who I find out enjoys male touch. Its never who you would expect. There are many gay men and women failures and losers for a myriad of reasons, but there are also just as many, if not more, massively worldy successful ones. Do you think its easy being gay in the industry I work in? No. But in a matter of weeks the men around see I provide value, problem solving and also insightful compassion. That sensitivity is my gift to other men.

As far as cancel culture goes, it makes me think that the bullied often become the bullies. If anyone is afraid to say and do anything because a technology records it all, what does that leave anyone with? Some dry bland toast. A perfectly safe world without fear. All you have to pay for it is your soul to the hegemony. Meanwhile other nations hunt at the periphery ready to kill.

End, don't worry about responding, this conversation has a lot to unpack and I can't really do it justice online. I've been eating small doses of magic mushrooms in the evening times, combined with the anabolics I take, and I find that any negativity, ignorance, stupidity its just not worth going into especially when its coming from other people of whom neither of us owe anything to each other. I'm just as exhausted by PC woke culture as you. I'll defend myself if I have to and that involves the virtue of bravery. We are outsourcing our virtues to the collective state and becoming lazy while giving the collective state its tyrannical power. I think this is part of why the MSM got away with the covid gaslighting. You are either with us or against us and do you want Grandmas to die?? Do you wan women to be raped?? Do you want to be a white supremicists? Are you a bigot? Are you a racists? Can you not understand that all people are created equal and therefore deserve equal outcomes?

If I don't respond to your response just know that its more that I don't have the energy to continue this one, but I regard your response none-the-less.
    Last edited by timber; 11-12-2021 at 03:28 PM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    Well this is often also a characteristic of Ni. right?

I had not noticed, but alright. Sometimes Ni does give one the gift of true foresight. This makes it hard to age and keep the spontaneousness in anything. Given that you can't share your predictions, both because they are hard to explain, and also accurate, it gives people the creeps, amirite? Do you find yourself saying "oh, of course he did, or of course she did, or of course that happened, just as I knew it would". This is the gift of really good Ni, and also happens to be a part of your supervision role.

I'm not an official Christian although I think you are saying: Its the seeming destruction of all values and all values are given the same merit. It seems the world is going to hell in a hand basket, yet also becoming more homogenous in its value statements. We watch a woke Disney movie and think why is this so bad? It would seem to be a good thing, but its effects, in combination with PC culture, has created a vapid monster.

One must hold onto what they know to be good and true. You can't box me, or millions of other people into simplistic categories without loosing some of the resolution, like a pixellated photograph. To me, nature, beauty, the elements on my skin and face, these remind that culture is only real in the relative sense.

I believe I have no value because of a sexual orientation. No special purpose, no special meaning. No special rights. I only want my safety (both physical and psychological) protected by the State. As it mostly now is. I think the trouble is that people want everything of others. They want to have rights, be protected, and then they demand others also value them against those people's will and understanding. You can't change others like this broadly, unless those people change their point of view, perspective, from themselves. True Inception of an idea. I always strive to live impeccably, to behave beyond others reproaches. Do I achieve this all the time? No. To err is to be human. But having the moral high ground is crucial if you are going to make others believe in you. This is the reason, NOT because of self loathing, that I never mention my sexuality right away in a new setting. I want to be known for who I am as my character and my ethic. Not where I like to stick my dick. Which is what you are essentially saying when you come out.

For me its all deeper anyway. Like at the animal level. I'm always fascinated and surprised who I find out enjoys male touch. Its never who you would expect. There are many gay men and women failures and losers for a myriad of reasons, but there are also just as many, if not more, massively worldy successful ones. Do you think its easy being gay in the industry I work in? No. But in a matter of weeks the men around see I provide value, problem solving and also insightful compassion. That sensitivity is my gift to other men.

As far as cancel culture goes, it makes me think that the bullied often become the bullies. If anyone is afraid to say and do anything because a technology records it all, what does that leave anyone with? Some dry bland toast. A perfectly safe world without fear. All you have to pay for it is your soul to the hegemony. Meanwhile other nations hunt at the periphery ready to kill.

End, don't worry about responding, this conversation has a lot to unpack and I can't really do it justice online. I've been eating small doses of magic mushrooms in the evening times, combined with the anabolics I take, and I find that any negativity, ignorance, stupidity its just not worth going into especially when its coming from other people of whom neither of us owe anything to each other. I'm just as exhausted by PC woke culture as you. I'll defend myself if I have to and that involves the virtue of bravery. We are outsourcing our virtues to the collective state and becoming lazy while giving the collective state its tyrannical power. I think this is part of why the MSM got away with the covid gaslighting. You are either with us or against us and do you want Grandmas to die?? Do you wan women to be raped?? Do you want to be a white supremicists? Are you a bigot? Are you a racists? Can you not understand that all people are created equal and therefore deserve equal outcomes?

If I don't respond to your response just know that its more that I don't have the energy to continue this one, but I regard your response none-the-less.
    Hahaha, didn't fully expect the wall of text response but it was a possibility I had accounted for. Let's just say that everything you've mentioned is also predicted by theories and observations I've had for a long time. Bullied becoming the bullies? Cycles of Abuse and the fucking shattered attachment issues that creates. Men enjoying the touch of other men? Well, most people have no idea how men are actually meant to/do work (a thing the PTB tries its hardest to ensure is the case because men, real men of any type in more ways than one, are the biggest threat to their dominance). It's now so bad that even giving your own blood related Brother a hug as a greeting and goodbye is seen by some as warranting a Homo suspicion point. Yet I ask you, what would successful males who just won a major battle do? They'd hug and cheer and touch each other all over the place! They wouldn't grab each other's ass or dicks though because that really is worth the Homo suspicion points even in that context but you get the idea. I forget the name of the bishop or other member of the hierarchy who wrote the book but it was about how modern men are starved for/of masculine friendship. That modernity insists that intimacy between two people necessarily implies sex if it is to be truly deep/real somehow. No. No it doesn't.

That latter point speaks to a major difference between men and women BTW. Men bond by experiencing stress (both good and bad) together and by solving problems with others. Women not so much (but they still can and do and you'd be a fool not to engage with her in that way). If you want to experience male bonding seek out men (or women) who have problems and who want to solve them. Help them solve them and be not surprised at them becoming emotionally attached to you and you attached to them in turn. Vasopressin is a hell of a drug!

Also, I'll just come out and say this, you sound like a pagan of the European variety. A legit one. I can respect that. I'd also stop taking the anabolic steroids unless you're seeking to become the next Mr. Olympia down the line or something. Gear isn't worth it unless you know what you want and accept that that really is the only way you're gonna get there. Nobody who swore off Gear ever won Mr. Olympia and the like. I won't knock you because life is all about trade offs and if you're willing to sacrifice long term health for rapid short term "gains" (in more ways than one if I'm right about this) or athletic performance than that's your decision and I'll respect it.

As for me, I'd rather stick to the natty approach to my ideal physique. I probably won't ever achieve my ideal "Bruce Lee" bod but I can get damn close in 5 years time despite my age. Bit of a derail I know but no true Death Cultist would ever even tolerate it. After all, every moment spent not fighting the cis-white-hetero patriarchy is a downright sinful waste of time!