I'm pretty sure my room mate is an alpha NT, as opposed to gamma NT. Maybe he's actually an F type... but NT is more likely.

ENTps: do you like to work with music on? (I know some people are more audial in learning style...) as an INTj, though, I cannot focus when there is loud noise on, ESPECIALLY if it is beyond my control. I think the kid just doesn't really get it that not everyone is that way... so I can barely do work in my room, unless the music he selects is neutral enough.

I am hesitant to say Gamma NT, because he seems so childish -- naive about things, really. He's smart in the conventional, appearnce sence (intuitive), and 'nerdy' somewhat, but is somewhat more social than I am in some ways. He does not have the INTj restraint which I spoke of.... perhahaps he is very young.... but even then --- the music thing....

Maybe he is F type, because he reacts most to F-orientated things --- like I was watching sports news, and someone's son died, and his head darted towards the TV having heard that someone's son died... but then he disregarded everything else. I get a very alpha / merry sort of vibe from him.

As for MBTI, I'd probably type him INTP.

He's a few years yougner than me, though, so I'm sure that affects his demeanor. Not Beta.