Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    I could argue if I wanted to, but I suppose this isn't the correct thread to do so.
    Subteigh thinks many of the famous philosophers are EII, but then, he doesn't use anything resembling any form of socionics. He uses the Big Five model, which socionics stands in direct opposition to due to socionics using a cybernetic model (this is why I title myself "Cybernetic organism" now. We're all cybernetic organisms if socionics is true, no robot parts required.)

TIM
    INxp
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Hm, may I know why you have changed from considering xII/ILE to IxI? Because I didn't see Ni-Se value so I'm just wondering here.
    I think my previous understanding of how Alpha NTs are like didn't line up with what they are really like in reality. They seem to be more open-minded than I am (and I am too, but with limits), and I think what I previously thought was Si-valuing is actually just a Harmonising subtype and/or Si-fixation (if we talk Model G, anyway).

In reality I don't really like talking about health-related matters that much. I don't hate it completely, but for example, if someone close by me is sick or complaining about pain, I'm liable to try and shut it out. My wife is sometimes surprised at how callous I can appear when she's in pain; it's not like I don't care about her, it's just difficult for me to deal with it happening in such close proximity.

Maybe someone who actually has Si in the Launcher/Mobilizing position has had similar experiences, I wouldn't know. But it seems unlikely on the surface, at least.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is an easy way to type yourself.

N or S
    Sensation is acquiring information from your senses.
    Intuition is imagination. It's making up information, speculating, reading between the lines, connecting the dots.

Do you prefer to rely on your senses or on your intuition/imagination. In other words, when speaking, do you tend to list things that you have observed or do you tend to speculate and read between the lines or connect the dots? When speaking with other people, do other people complain that you're focusing too much on facts and missing the big picture (sensation) or that you lack data and you're speculating too much (intuition/imagination)?

T or F

Thinking is decision making based on the natural world. It's also called logic or maybe reality.
    Feeling is decision making based on other people. It's also called ethic or morality.

It's very important to know that Ji functions are deductive while Je functions are inductive.

SF makes decisions about the the physical health or safety of people or the amount of pleasure or pain that real world actives produce. They're humanists (SiFe) or hedonists/artists (SeFi).
    NF makes decisions around human nature and other abstract qualities of humans. NiFe focuses on self-actualization or motivational speaking or even concepts like a corporate brand image. NeFi focuses on frameworks such as virtue ethics and vices.
    ST understands the world through actual observations. SeTi creates systems that quantify and manage the world, including any legal or government bureaucracy but also frameworks such as financial models or even sport statistics and betting. SiTe focuses on pragmatically solving problems and keeping systems working. These types tend to like management or be protect and serve police officers or especially investigators.
    NT understands the world through abstract ideas and creates abstract systems. TiNe is the scientist while TeNi is the engineer. TiNe creates deductive frameworks with abstract variables such as mathematics (numbers are Ne) or complete abstract systems like computer languages. TeNi brings forth some vision (Ni) into reality (Te), so maybe building a blueprint.

Pick whichever combination represents your interests. Bonus points if you can choose between JiPe or JePi.

E/I and P/J

A quick and dirty method for determining both of these at once is the 4 Temperaments:

Sanguine = EP // Reckless Explorer
    Phlegmatic = IP // Cautious or Focused
    Choleric = EJ // Pushy Boss
    Melancholic = IJ // Thoughtful and strategic

You can google for longer descriptions. Most people can easily identify with 1 of these temperaments. So most people can use the 4 temperaments as a quick short hand for typing.

Self-Check
    Once you've selected a type, you can gauge the accuracy by looking at the 8 blocks (SiTe, Se,Ti,....NiFe) and asking yourself whether that block is your decision making preference, i.e. ego block.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123