Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD View Post
    Is it possible that during the day when you are conscious, you are using a different part of your psyche rather than the person you are at night when you are unconscious?

During the day, you're most awake and are at the most the purest, unfiltered, conscious part of your mind, and are completely adapted to who that person is.

During the night, you become more fragmented mentally. The filtered, unconscious part of your conscience spews out and disorientates you.

So, depending on the consciousness of your cycle, and the time of day, and how your body clock is set, could you be a different "person" (per-se) with a different focus and a part of your mind being highlighted? Because you're using a different part of your brain, depending on your consciousness levels.

When I say you are using a different part of your psyche, I'm not so much talking about an SLE ending up as an SLE, but more an SLE-day sub and an SLE-night sub (i.e. during the day, your default is SLE-Ti sub, and during the night, you're SLE-Se sub, because your brain has different areas of focus.
    @DEAD, I've always thought that there were two people inside my head. One is a courteous and considerate gentleman, and the other is a raving lunatic.

Just joking.

In truth, you do have two (at least) brains working at all times. Most people know about the left and right hemispheres and how the left side knows bright language and the right side knows dark mysteries, but there is another way of looking at your processing abilities.

The human brain is a huge data center which was built on top of an instinctual lizard brain. The lizard brain is still there, running your simple emotions and your irrational wants and needs, but the mammalian data processing center knows how to speak, and so it seems to be running the place. It is the voice you hear in your head.

The lizard brain, although without the ability to speak, is in control of your emotions and your impressions. When you look at two trucks and try to decide which one to buy, the data center is talking to the salesman and noting the price and the horsepower, while the lizard brain is liking the color and the look of power and the speed and is thinking that having this colored rock is going to get it a female lizard who will lay many eggs.

Since the lizard brain can't speak, it can only communicate with the mammalian data center through feelings and impressions that it sends. These are best "heard" by the data center when it's not processing outside data; when it's "asleep", that is.

Your dreams are inspired by lizard brain desires, which is why they often make no sense when you remember them and try to put them into a narrative. "I was swimming, and then I was flying, and then I felt my mother's presence, etc." All of which are lizard brain impressions that it is sending to the data center at night, when the data center is actually listening for a change, but which is too robotic to get it most of the time.
    Try to recall a conversation from a dream sometime. A conversation with words. In your dreams, you are experiencing a lizard's life. If you DO hear words, then the data center is narrating the movie it sees.

It shouldn't be a surprise that the lizard and the data center seem very different, even though they actually do communicate a lot.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @DEAD, I've always thought that there were two people inside my head. One is a courteous and considerate gentleman, and the other is a raving lunatic.
    Wait…your only supposed to have two in your head?

Look like I am going to have to do some cut backs on the council of ducks….