Thread: What strong/weak valued/subdued IMEs does this behavior point toward?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What strong/weak valued/subdued IMEs does this behavior point toward?

I'm very conflict avoidant, and often berate myself for not standing up for myself or others. However, when I'm pushed too far I tend to overreact and retaliate both emotionally and when I was younger even physically.

The reasons I think this happens
    - The atmosphere of mutual pressure, screaming and violence makes me uncomfortable, both emotionally and physically. This is the reason for my "social chameleon" behavior, as I'm afraid of people turning against me if I disagree. My normal solution to diaagreeing with others is avoiding either them or the problem, and I only voice my opinion if I feel others have really taken it too far.

I also just want to be liked by people.

I also easily get embarrassed/self-conscious if I or others attract the attention of others by doing "stupid" things and I don't break most rules, all for this one reason.

Is this si? fe? fi? social anxiety/a non-typological problem?
    Last edited by d8didiswi; 10-13-2021 at 08:21 PM.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se Polr. Not pushing back until you're fed up and explode with way way more push back than necessary or appropriate.

The 2nd bit sounds more like social anxiety. NTR IMO

Could be an Si base based on what you say though. You seem like an Si valuing introvert.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like I'm too emotional(ly expressive) for a Se-PoLR as that'd indicate either Fe suggestive or Fe ignoring, and AFAIK (I could be wrong) neither of these is particularly emotive, right?

This and my impatience (Which I wouldn't expect from a 4D Ni type) are the only things that stop me from considering myself an EII. SEI seems like a logical choice, but I can't really see Te PoLR as I have no major problems with external factual information and actually doing things (even though it's not my strongest side) so I don't know.
    Last edited by d8didiswi; 10-13-2021 at 08:39 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait, how is ti-mobilising "gaining knowledge"? Isn't that more of a te-thing? (I read through the article)